President Obama's 'Faith-Based' Program Lacks Adequate Constitutional Safeguards

YWN666

Freelance Beer Tester
Nov 11, 2008
Americans United: Americans United Says President Obama's 'Faith-Based' Program Lacks Adequate Constitutional Safeguards

Americans United Says President Obama's 'Faith-Based' Program Lacks Adequate Constitutional Safeguards

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Church-State Watchdog Group Expresses Disappointment That Bush-Era Rules Allowing Religion-Based Hiring Discrimination Remain In Place

Americans United for Separation of Church and State today expressed disappointment that President Barack Obama’s “faith-based” initiative is being rolled out without repeal of Bush-era policies that violate civil rights and civil liberties.

Obama issued an executive order today appointing Joshua DuBois as executive director of the White House faith-based office and setting up an advisory council on faith-based and other issues.

President George W. Bush’s faith-based initiative allowed religious groups that accept tax funding to engage in discriminatory hiring and celebrated faith-based groups that proselytize. Today’s Obama action leaves the Bush executive orders in place including one that specifically authorizes religion-based employment discrimination in publicly funded programs.

See the rest of the article by clicking on the link

Until the government creates a religion and forces you to worship at it's altar you got nothin' to worry about.

Until the government creates a religion and forces you to worship at it's altar you got nothin' to worry about.

The religious organizations in question are using government money to discriminate on the basis of religion. That is a violation of the Constitution.

If things keep going as they are, everyone is going to be glad those 'entities' are there. Much more likely to be in place than social security, welfare, and food stamps.

If things keep going as they are, everyone is going to be glad those 'entities' are there. Much more likely to be in place than social security, welfare, and food stamps.

I have no problem with the entities and the way they help people as long as they don't use government funds to promote their religion.

I have no problem with the entities and the way they help people as long as they don't use government funds to promote their religion.

Personally I agree with you, surprising it hasn't been taken to court.

I'm surprised that Obama agreed to continue the program. It's been a fight since Bush unleashed the plan during his first days in office.

I'm surprised that Obama agreed to continue the program. It's been a fight since Bush unleashed the plan during his first days in office.

yeah, there's such a huge difference between the two parties. i'm shocked, too.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back