President Obama signs an Executive Order Cutting Wasteful Government Spending.

If you righties had any semblance of principle and self-consistency you wouldn't be mocking Obama for cutting spending on swag, you'd be berating him for not doing it earlier.

Its pretty clear you care nothing for logic.

If any of you lefties had a credibility you would be protesting Obama's wars and massive military spending in the streets like you did under Bush...

While I applaud the idea...
Besides putting an end to the promotional gear, the new order directs agencies to reduce travel spending, cut back on cellphones and laptops issued to employees, cut down the size of the executive vehicle fleet and post documents online instead of printing them – measures that individually would hardly merit a White House news release.

The administration's goal is to cut spending by 20 percent in areas covered by the executive order.
...I would have liked to see some actual estimate of how much this will save.

It's a start. A small one, but it's a start.

I'll give Barry a slight nod of appreciation. It represents a cut, but it ain't much. Especially when spending these days is in the trillions. It's like one grain of sand along 7 Mile Beach in my beloved Caymans. Take a grain or two home with you and ain't nobody gonna even know it's gone.

Wow, WTG 0bama now the lobbyists can just give them to everyone as bribes, um I mean token gifts. After all we can't have stryofoam cups hurting the environment.

Let's see what you can cut next...........how about some of those parties, you know the ones where all your friends show up to eat caviar and drink for free about once a month.

It's something. More than I expected from him.

Not nearly enough though. Keep trying.

If he actually cut spending and balanced the budget, id consider voting for him.

But considering Democrats have had issues actually proposing budgets lately, i dont expect that.

The fiend! How dare he cut spending! :lol:

Obama Executive Order Will Cut Government Spending, Waste

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is coming out against swag.

That's swag, as in the coffee mugs, pens, T-shirts and other public relations articles that federal government agencies purchase with taxpayer money to promote their work.

The swag ban is part of an executive order the president will sign on Wednesday to cut waste and make government more efficient. Obama has been using his executive powers on modest proposals to promote job creation, assist homeowners and consumers, or alleviate spending.

Besides putting an end to the promotional gear, the new order directs agencies to reduce travel spending, cut back on cellphones and laptops issued to employees, cut down the size of the executive vehicle fleet and post documents online instead of printing them – measures that individually would hardly merit a White House news release.

The administration's goal is to cut spending by 20 percent in areas covered by the executive order.

"We're cutting what we don't need so that we can invest in what we do need," Obama said in a statement.
Obama Executive Order Will Cut Government Spending, Waste

iT'S LIKE TAKING MONEY FROM ONE POCKET JUST TO PUT IT IN THE OTHER. oBAMA IS NO FAN OF CUTTING SPENDING, HE MAY CUT IT IN ONE PLACE, BUT YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS HE WILL MAKE UP FOR IT BY SPENDING THE SAME AMOUNT ELSEWHERE.
Sorry for the caps, I'm too lazy to change it now.

Wow, WTG 0bama now the lobbyists can just give them to everyone as bribes, um I mean token gifts. After all we can't have stryofoam cups hurting the environment.

Let's see what you can cut next...........how about some of those parties, you know the ones where all your friends show up to eat caviar and drink for free about once a month.

Well they weren't friends, exactly. And we like to call them "Republicans". And I do believe they've been stopped since 2010. Bohner was full. He got his 98%!

This deserves no mare than a polite golf clap with gloved hands....

Barry needs to cut a helluva lot more for it to be worth even taking off the gloves...

This deserves no mare than a polite golf clap with gloved hands....

Barry needs to cut a helluva lot more for it to be worth even taking off the gloves...

Well as the old commercial said "From a Deli owner..that's a rave".

:lol:

While I applaud the idea...

...I would have liked to see some actual estimate of how much this will save.

It's a start. A small one, but it's a start.

This article explains that this order merely a next step along a series of actions Obama has undertaken, which have already saved over $8 billion, and this order is expected to save billions more.

Forum List

Back