President Obama 'Golfer/Liar' In Chief

dannyboys

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2013
It was PUBLIC about a year ago, when the State dept was releasing Clinton emails on the FOIA Requests, the State dept announce it was releasing all emails with the exception of the emails she had with Obama which were held back due to his executive privilege, I believe?

This is NOTHING NEW.....it's been known for quite a while...

What we don't know, is whether Obama knew that this was Clinton's only email account, gvt workers could use their personal email along with gvt email at the time...

What we do know is there was over 45,000 gvt emails on the server and Obama's emails with her over the 4 years was only around 15 of them, if memory serves me....

Let me see if I can find the thread on it from a while ago on this very site....

Last edited:
I couldn't find the thread on it in a quick search,

so I did a google on it...and here is an article from October of 2015, last year on it....

White House Aims to Stop Release of Obama-Clinton Emails
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDTOCT. 30, 2015

Photo

WASHINGTON — The White House will try to block the release of a handful of emails between President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, citing longstanding precedent invoked by presidents of both parties to keep presidential communications confidential, officials said Friday.

The State Department discovered the emails between Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton as part of its effort to release the former secretary’s emails, several thousand more of which were made public on Friday. A review of those emails showed Mrs. Clinton engaged in conversations with various aides about security in Libya, discussing talking points after the 2012 attack on the American compound in Benghazi, Libya, and — on a lighter note — complaining about the lack of emoticons on her phone.

Mr. Obama’s direct correspondence with Mrs. Clinton was forwarded by the State Department to the White House, which has decided against release, a move likely to intensify the struggle between Mrs. Clinton and congressional Republicans, who have pressed for disclosure of her emails as part of an investigation into the administration’s handling of the Benghazi events.

The contents of the emails between Mrs. Clinton, who is running for president, and Mr. Obama have not been disclosed, but their presumed existence has not been a secret. The White House press secretary, Josh Earnest, acknowledged in March that the two “did have the occasion to email one another” when Mrs. Clinton was secretary of state.

Mr. Obama told CBS News in March that he learned about Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server “the same time everybody else learned it — through news reports.” Mr. Earnest later clarified that the president was aware that she sometimes used a private email address but did not know the details about how the server was set up.

White House officials said Friday that their refusal to release the emails between the two officials is not based on their content, but rather is intended to defend the principle that presidents must be free to receive advice from their top aides without fear that the conversations will be made public during their time in office. They noted the emails between Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton will eventually become public many years after the Obama presidency ends, under the terms of federal records laws.

“There is a long history of presidential records being kept confidential while the president is in office,” a White House official said. “It is a principle that previous White Houses have vigorously defended as it goes to the core of the president’s ability to receive unvarnished advice and counsel.”

READ THE REST HERE:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/u...seeks-to-keep-some-clinton-emails-secret.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back