President Gumby regrets voting against debt ceiling as senator...

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
which way are the winds of moral algebra blowing today.? tomorrow he'll come out and say thet we need to put more troops on the ground in lybia. the link is to rush, i just heard that it was announced vicariously through jay carney, the press guy at a conference earlier today.

one note... this is not actual footage of today's press conference, it is an artist's rendering. it does however tout what "gunby can do"

one big thing about politics is when an american "leader" changes his mind everyday (a kinetic idealogical inversion).., even the weakest simple-minded devoutees must wonder what the hell is going on.

this concludes my evidence that dimocrats can be tricked with any shiny object and a well written speech. the list is growing, i wonder if michelle has ever seen his real birth certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee how convenient for him. His party has the Power so suddenly he has "regrets" about voting against raising Debt Limits? Ha Ha Suckas! More "Hope & Change" BULLSHIT!! Seriously,do people really buy this shit? I guess we'll see in 2012?

• Banned
even people in my own family... i could see the glossy look in their eyes when they spoke of what a kind and wonderful world this would be if only someone like barrak obama was president. the world would respect a gentle and open america. the tides would stop rising, guantanmo would be closed, and the debt would go down.

course all that shit's out the window now.

even people in my own family... i could see the glossy look in their eyes when they spoke of what a kind and wonderful world this would be if only someone like barrak obama was president. the world would respect a gentle and open america. the tides would stop rising, guantanmo would be closed, and the debt would go down.

Sleazy Politicians are Sleazy Politicians. Nothing changes. Now The Hopey Changey One & Democrats suddenly just love raising Debt Limits and it "MUST" be done. Gee why the sudden change of heart? I'll let you do the Math on that one. What a sad scam.

Scary thing is, they truly believe their own lies :confused:

• Banned

Scary thing is, they truly believe their own lies :confused:

this is so true, which makes it pathological in my mind.
i think that he has a narcissistic personality disorder. i think that he thinks he can do anything.

it wouldn't surprise me if he truly believed in his own mind that either he has a birth certificate, or he wouldn't need one. i think he started the campaign that way.

it's all going to come up/out, cover ups don't work well for presidents, remember i said that. it's not a lie if you truly believe it. he should take a polygraph, but he would pass either way.

Last edited:
Don't blame Obama. This is what he was doing at the time:

images

This is just a specific example of the general case of "Obama Regrets Being Held Accountable For Anything" (and wishes he could walk around being all anonymous and stuff).

This is just a specific example of the general case of "Obama Regrets Being Held Accountable For Anything" (and wishes he could walk around being all anonymous and stuff).

the case is too squrilly, the mony, what could he posibly find out that he had to pay lawyers for.

something in denmark hamlet and it's not "alas poor yorick,,, i knew him, horatio..."

which way are the winds of moral algebra blowing today.? tomorrow he'll come out and say thet we need to put more troops on the ground in lybia. the link is to rush, i just heard that it was announced vicariously through jay carney, the press guy at a conference earlier today.

YouTube - Gumby intro one note... this is not actual footage of today's press conference, it is an artist's rendering. it does however tout what "gunby can do"

one big thing about politics is when an american "leader" changes his mind everyday (a kinetic idealogical inversion).., even the weakest simple-minded devoutees must wonder what the hell is going on.

this concludes my evidence that dimocrats can be tricked with any shiny object and a well written speech. the list is growing, i wonder if michelle has ever seen his real birth certificate.

he voted against raising the debt ceiling while a senator?...no way..:eek:

Granny says, "Go ahead an' default on `em - we done give `em enough foreign aid already to pay for it anyway...
:doubt:
US default could be disastrous choice for economy
04/23/11 WASHINGTON -The United States has never defaulted on its debt and Democrats and Republicans say they don't want it to happen now. But with partisan acrimony running at fever pitch, and Democrats and Republicans so far apart on how to tame the deficit, the unthinkable is suddenly being pondered.
The government now borrows about 42 cents of every dollar it spends. Imagine that one day soon, the borrowing slams up against the current debt limit ceiling of $14.3 trillion and Congress fails to raise it. The damage would ripple across the entire economy, eventually affecting nearly every American, and rocking global markets in the process. A default would come if the government actually failed to fulfill a financial obligation, including repaying a loan or interest on that loan. The government borrows mostly by selling bonds to individuals and governments, with a promise to pay back the amount of the bond in a certain time period and agreeing to pay regular interest on that bond in the meantime.

Among the first directly affected would likely be money-market funds holding government securities, banks that buy bonds directly from the Federal Reserve and resell them to consumers, including pension and mutual funds; and the foreign investor community, which holds nearly half of all Treasury securities. If the U.S. starts missing interest or principal payments, borrowers would demand higher and higher rates on new bonds, as they did with Greece, Portugal and other heavily indebted nations. Who wants to keep loaning money to a deadbeat nation that can't pay its bills?

At some point, the government would have to slash spending in other areas to make room for any further sales of Treasury bills and bonds. That could squeeze payments to federal contractors, and eventually even affect Social Security and other government benefit payments, as well as federal workers' paychecks. A default would likely trigger another financial panic like the one in 2008 and plunge an economy still reeling from high joblessness and a battered housing market back into recession. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke calls failure to raise the debt limit "a recovery-ending event." U.S. stock markets would likely tank — devastating roughly half of U.S. households that own stocks, either individually or through 401(k) type retirement programs.

Eventually, the cost of most credit would rise — from business and consumer loans to home mortgages, auto financing and credit cards. Continued stalemate could also further depress the value of the dollar and challenge the greenback's status as the world's prime "reserve currency." China and other countries that now hold about 50 percent of all U.S. Treasury securities could start dumping them, further pushing up interest rates and swelling the national debt. It would be a vicious cycle of higher and higher interest rates and more and more debt.

MORE

Forum List

Back