President Elect Trump’s Promises:

Just heard on the radio that on tonight’s 60 Minutes; he says he’s willing to accept a fence instead of a wall in areas of the border. Already retreating from promises…
. As long as it's enforced, and our border patrol is no longer looked upon as a joke, who cares.

So when he said “wall” you were thinking people; not a…you know….wall?

I don't think you understand Trump yet... he was full of hyperbole. His campaign was designed to win, and it worked.

I don’t think anyone will reference hyperbole (aka lies) in 4 years. If you look out and not see a wall…you’ll know he failed. It is that simple.

The hypocrisy literally drips...

how many of his campaign promises went unfulfilled? Lets take a quick look.

Eliminate all oil and gas tax loopholes

Expand the child and dependent care credit

Require publicly traded financial partnerships to pay the corporate income tax

Close loopholes in the corporate tax deductibility of CEO pay

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form

Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers

Require automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans

Create a retirement savings tax credit for low incomes
End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

End no-bid contracts above $25,000

Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges

Tax carried interest as ordinary income

Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize

Lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000

Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses

Allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court

Require full disclosure of company pension investments to employees

Allow imported prescription drugs

Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs

Should I continue...sure lets continue...

Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices

Appoint federal-level coordinator to oversee all federal autism efforts

Double federal funding for cancer research

Direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct a study of federal cancer initiatives

Provide the CDC $50 million in funding to determine effective approaches for cancer patient care

Sign the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Fully fund the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)

Create a National Commission on People with Disabilities, Employment, and Social Security

Change rules so small businesses owned by people with disabilities get preferences for contracts.

Reduce the threshhold for the Family and Medical Leave Act from companies with 50 employees to companies with 25 employees

Provide a $1.5 billion fund to help states launch programs for paid family and medical leave

Require employers to provide seven paid sick days per year

Amend the Medicare "homebound" rule to allow some travel without loss of benefits

Reduce the Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog

Expand the Family Medical Leave Act to include leave for domestic violence or sexual assault

Form international group to help Iraq refugees

Provide at least $2 billion for services to Iraqi refugees

Clarify legal status for defense contractor personnel

Double U.S. spending on foreign aid to $50 billion a year by 2012

More?

Establish a Global Education Fund
Launch a new 'America's Voice Corps'
Develop an alternative to President Bush's Military Commissions Act on handling detainees
Restore habeas corpus rights for "enemy combatants"
Establish regulations to secure chemical plants
Improve port security through better radiation detection
Strengthen the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and double its budget in the next four years
Secure ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT)
Require companies to disclose personal information data breaches
Seek to negotiate a political agreement on Cyprus
With the G-8, launch Health Infrastructure 2020
Reinstate special envoy for the Americas
Double the Peace Corps
Seek independent watchdog agency to investigate congressional ethics violations
Create a public "Contracts and Influence" database
Expose Special Interest Tax Breaks to Public Scrutiny
Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
Double funding for after school programs
Create scholarships to recruit new teachers

I could go on...and on...and on...and on. By your standard...obama was an abject failure..

Does your hypocrisy bother you or are you so used to it that you hardly notice it anymore?

The good news is that the metrics are all very easy to measure. While “greatness” is depending on the eye of the beholder…there are far more concrete items that Mr. Trump stated that provide adequate yardsticks for us to use.

He said that if you make less than $50,000 as a family, you’re going to pay no federal income taxes.

“If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax,"

Under Trump, nearly half of Americans would pay no income taxes

He has a GOP Senate and House and there is no reason why he cannot implement that during week #1. If you’re still filling out a 1040 in 2017, 2018, or 2019; you’ll know he has failed.

———————

He said that he was going to build a wall between Mexico and the United States. And that Mexico would pay for it.
"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me --and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
The 25 Best Quotes From Donald Trump

He has a GOP Senate and House and there is no reason why he cannot implement that during his first term. If you drive to Nogales or SanDiego or Del Rio and see no wall; you’ll know he has failed.

———————

Then there is the round up of Illegal aliens; later scaled back to be the criminal element of the illegal aliens. If you pick up a newspaper in 2017 or 2018 or 2019 and can see stories about twice and thrice deported illegals committing crimes; you’ll know he has failed.

———————-

We’ll be watching….
Obama is already deporting illegal immigrants who are criminals. Also don't forget one of Trumps promises that got a lot of middle-class people to vote for him. He said he would raise taxes on people like him. Let's see if he raises taxes on billionaires

Just heard on the radio that on tonight’s 60 Minutes; he says he’s willing to accept a fence instead of a wall in areas of the border. Already retreating from promises…
. As long as it's enforced, and our border patrol is no longer looked upon as a joke, who cares.

So when he said “wall” you were thinking people; not a…you know….wall?

I don't think you understand Trump yet... he was full of hyperbole. His campaign was designed to win, and it worked.

I don’t think anyone will reference hyperbole (aka lies) in 4 years. If you look out and not see a wall…you’ll know he failed. It is that simple.

The hypocrisy literally drips...

how many of his campaign promises went unfulfilled? Lets take a quick look.

Eliminate all oil and gas tax loopholes

Expand the child and dependent care credit

Require publicly traded financial partnerships to pay the corporate income tax

Close loopholes in the corporate tax deductibility of CEO pay

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form

Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers

Require automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans

Create a retirement savings tax credit for low incomes
End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

End no-bid contracts above $25,000

Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges

Tax carried interest as ordinary income

Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize

Lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000

Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses

Allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court

Require full disclosure of company pension investments to employees

Allow imported prescription drugs

Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs

Should I continue...sure lets continue...

Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices

Appoint federal-level coordinator to oversee all federal autism efforts

Double federal funding for cancer research

Direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct a study of federal cancer initiatives

Provide the CDC $50 million in funding to determine effective approaches for cancer patient care

Sign the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Fully fund the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)

Create a National Commission on People with Disabilities, Employment, and Social Security

Change rules so small businesses owned by people with disabilities get preferences for contracts.

Reduce the threshhold for the Family and Medical Leave Act from companies with 50 employees to companies with 25 employees

Provide a $1.5 billion fund to help states launch programs for paid family and medical leave

Require employers to provide seven paid sick days per year

Amend the Medicare "homebound" rule to allow some travel without loss of benefits

Reduce the Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog

Expand the Family Medical Leave Act to include leave for domestic violence or sexual assault

Form international group to help Iraq refugees

Provide at least $2 billion for services to Iraqi refugees

Clarify legal status for defense contractor personnel

Double U.S. spending on foreign aid to $50 billion a year by 2012

More?

Establish a Global Education Fund
Launch a new 'America's Voice Corps'
Develop an alternative to President Bush's Military Commissions Act on handling detainees
Restore habeas corpus rights for "enemy combatants"
Establish regulations to secure chemical plants
Improve port security through better radiation detection
Strengthen the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and double its budget in the next four years
Secure ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT)
Require companies to disclose personal information data breaches
Seek to negotiate a political agreement on Cyprus
With the G-8, launch Health Infrastructure 2020
Reinstate special envoy for the Americas
Double the Peace Corps
Seek independent watchdog agency to investigate congressional ethics violations
Create a public "Contracts and Influence" database
Expose Special Interest Tax Breaks to Public Scrutiny
Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
Double funding for after school programs
Create scholarships to recruit new teachers

I could go on...and on...and on...and on. By your standard...obama was an abject failure..

Does your hypocrisy bother you or are you so used to it that you hardly notice it anymore?

And you’re right to call him on that although what I pointed out was four of the cornerstones of his campaign promises (Taxes, the Wall, Deportation, and Trade) and how easy they would be to score. I am hopeful he can do them as I am for the wall (for different reasons than most are), couples making less than me will pay no taxes which means their kids will be provided for (theorhetically), who is against deporting criminal illegal aliens???? The trade hoopla is probably the only thing I’m looking for as an “I told you so” because we really need them more than they need us; ours is a consumer based economy and when prices are too high, people do not spend and when that happens, jobs get trimmed.

The good news is that the metrics are all very easy to measure. While “greatness” is depending on the eye of the beholder…there are far more concrete items that Mr. Trump stated that provide adequate yardsticks for us to use.

He said that if you make less than $50,000 as a family, you’re going to pay no federal income taxes.

“If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax,"

He has a GOP Senate and House and there is no reason why he cannot implement that during week #1. If you’re still filling out a 1040 in 2017, 2018, or 2019; you’ll know he has failed.

———————

He said that he was going to build a wall between Mexico and the United States. And that Mexico would pay for it.
"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me --and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

He has a GOP Senate and House and there is no reason why he cannot implement that during his first term. If you drive to Nogales or SanDiego or Del Rio and see no wall; you’ll know he has failed.

———————

Then there is the round up of Illegal aliens; later scaled back to be the criminal element of the illegal aliens. If you pick up a newspaper in 2017 or 2018 or 2019 and can see stories about twice and thrice deported illegals committing crimes; you’ll know he has failed.

———————-

We’ll be watching….
Obama is already deporting illegal immigrants who are criminals. Also don't forget one of Trumps promises that got a lot of middle-class people to vote for him. He said he would raise taxes on people like him. Let's see if he raises taxes on billionaires

Give the man a chance.

———————

———————

———————-

We’ll be watching….

3 up and 3 down... All failures.

Forum List

Back