President & Congress Gives $7 Billion To Pakistan: Yea or Nay?

President Obama has signed a bill that gives $7 Billion in aid to Pakistan over five years,a measure that the nuclear-armed U.S. ally's Military had claimed was an intrusion into the nation's internal affairs.

It seems to me that Pakistan's Military has a good point. I'm still always surprised that these "Aid" packages aren't more publicly debated in our Congress. It seems like these deals are always done incredibly quickly and secretly by our Government. Personally i would have to vote Nay on this type of "Aid." Just interested in seeing what others think on this subject.

It all depends on what our commitment is in Afghanistan. The troubled area is that along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. If we are going to make a real commitment to freeing Afghanistan of the Taliban insurgency, then we need Pakistan's help to keep the Taliban from using that side of the border as a staging area for the insurgency, but if we make the kind of half hearted effort Obama seems to be favoring, the the Pakistanis will rightly feel betrayed by us for cajoling and bullying them into a civil war and then refusing to prevent the Taliban from using the Afghan side of the border as a staging area for attacks against Pakistan and in that case, no amount of money will be enough to assure us of Pakistan's help.

We are paying $2 billion a WEEK to fight over there. If we can give Pakistan $1.4 billion a year to fight the Talliban, it is well worth it

Last edited:
Unfortunately we are going to continue fighting over there anyway regardless of all the Tax Payer Cash we give Pakistan. They are hardly going to do the fighting for us. We haven't seen any return on our $Billions over there. The Taliban is actually gaining in strength inside of Pakistan now. There are several horrendous terrorist bombings there every week now. Each time Pakistan begins an offensive the Taliban responds in a brutal fashion. How long will that go on? How long before the Pakistani Government breaks? I just don't see the Taliban and Al Qaeda getting weaker over there. In fact i think they're only getting stronger. They have real support inside of Afghanistan & Pakistan. In the end we could actually be funding the terrorists over there. I just wish they would debate these "Aid" packages more openly and publicly. This type of aid rarely ends well for us.

Last edited:
oh - I neglected to voice my opinion on the original question.

I've got no problem with this aid. It appears we're getting our money's worth.

Yea

Meanwhile,four more American kids were just slaughtered today in Afghanistan. Not too much attention being paid to our fallen Heroes by the corrupt MSM these days. Where did they all go. I can remember a time when this same MSM just couldn't wait to plaster our fallen kid's faces all over TV. Just not seeing much of that anymore huh? Four more kids dead and not a peep out of them. Was it always just about politics for these people? Is it just a case of dead kids no longer selling for the Liberal dominated MSM? What a travesty.

Last edited:
Nope. Nay. Nah bruh. Hell nah. Uh-uh... No. As much as I love Musharaf if anyone should get free money it's me. You win Afghanistan by making a deal with the Taliban and turning the Taliban against the Arabs, that means eventually before the war is over we'll be giving 7 billion to the Taliban to re-build what we f-ed up.

$7b. payable upon the delivery of Osama's head? Sure.

Osama is buried under a Mosque in Western Pakistan. If your gonna pay the Pakistanis to tell us what they've been telling us for years your an idiot. If you believe that the richest and most technologically advanced military in teh world is actually in Afghanistan chasing a man who suffered a gunshot wound to the foot, who's over 60 year old with kdney problems, diabetes, liver failure, and a dialysis machine and can barely shoot an AK47 straight your ass is even more of an idiot. Osama will never die, we'll be chasing him until 2060.

7,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 us citizens = $23 / us citizen....to help pkaistani citizens

700,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 us citizens = $2300 / us citizen to help the middle east citizens in general....

can someone tell me why my tax dollars are being sent to help pakistan, israel, jordan, syria, egypt, iraq, palestine....when my countries infrastructure is crumbling, 10% of my population is unemployed.....

where does it say the governemnt gets to take my money and spend it on the citizens of other countries.....

shoudln't this money be sepnt on the citizens of the usa............

7,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 us citizens = $23 / us citizen....to help pkaistani citizens

700,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 us citizens = $2300 / us citizen to help the middle east citizens in general....

can someone tell me why my tax dollars are being sent to help pakistan, israel, jordan, syria, egypt, iraq, palestine....when my countries infrastructure is crumbling, 10% of my population is unemployed.....

where does it say the governemnt gets to take my money and spend it on the citizens of other countries.....

shoudln't this money be sepnt on the citizens of the usa............

Sure it SHOULD.

Yes the Italians have already been caught paying off the Taliban for not attacking their soldiers. So us paying off the Taliban at some point really isn't all that far-fetched. The Italians may have been on to something there. Hmm?

Yes the Italians have already been caught paying off the Taliban for not attacking their soldiers. So us paying off the Taliban at some point really isn't all that far-fetched. The Italians may have been on to something there. Hmm?

It's really the only way out. That's how politics works over there. The Arabs know that as long as Americans don't figure that out they can hide in Afghanistan, but as soon as US generals start communicating with and paying the Taliban, the Taliban will kill every Arab they see. That's one of the most shaky alliances on Earth the Arabs and the Pashtuns, the only thing that brought them together was the Soviets. Otherwise they hate the Arabs, because both see themselves as a superior race.

More than 30,000 Pakistani soldiers launched a ground offensive against al-Qaida and the Taliban's main stronghold along the Afghan border Saturday, officials said, in the country's toughest test yet against a strengthening insurgency.

The United States has long pushed the government to carry out an assault in South Waziristan, and it comes after two weeks of militant attacks that have killed more than 175 people across the nuclear-armed country. That has ramped up pressure on the army to act.

Ground Offensive Begins in Pakistan Al-Qaida Haven

The Taliban & Al Qaeda will respond to this offensive in a very very ruthless fashion. It's going to be a very bloody couple of months for us over there. The Taliban & Al Qaeda have been preparing for this Pakistani Government offensive for months. They will retaliate. I just read a report where it shows how we have supplied Pakistan with advanced military hardware such as jet fighters and the latest night vision equipment. I couldn't help but think,when is all that going to come back to haunt us? Then i thought about Ron Paul's words about Blow Back. In the end it is very likely we will end up funding the very Terrorists we are fighting against today. Pretty scary thought.

Forum List

Back