President Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

You just know they got it right when all the conservatives on this board are frothing at the mouth..

"Peace? What the fuck's peace. Let's just nuke the bastards!

heh, heh, heh...

:lol:

They're gonna have their work cut out for them if they think smears will be enough to bring Obama down. The guy isn't perfect but he is working hard. Something we haven't seen since Clinton.

I wish he would work as hard to protect our troops as he does issuing Executive Orders preventing us from text messaging on federal installations, and chairing gang violence awareness conferences.

He's the Commander in Chief.....when is he gonna start doing his job????

What has he done exactly?

I can't figure it out.

Must have been a real dearth of candidates this year.
and what had he done in the first 10 days of his administration to even be worthy of nomination???

There are a couple of things here;

1) I really don't think conservatives in America realise how much Bush is/was disliked
2) I really don't think conservatives in America realise how much out of step they are with the rest of the world.
3) I really don't think conservatives in America care about point 2
4) And number 3 is the problem..

1) I really don't think conservatives in America realise how much Bush is/was disliked
2) I really don't think conservatives in America realise how much out of step they are with the rest of the world.
that's because i really don't give a shit what you think about conservative Americans

This is a joke thread, right?

Immie
only if the Washington Post and USA Today are both in on it

OMG!

It is not a joke... well, the prize is a joke nowadays. That is BS. The man has done nothing in his... well, wait... he did spend nearly a trillion dollars in his failed attempt to stimulate the US economy and wants to spend more. He wants to spend nearly that much to eliminate private health insurance. Maybe the Nobel Committee thinks that will have promoted world peace?

Give me an F'ing break! If they had nominated him next year or in the following years of his presidency it might not look like a scam, but this is ludicrous!

Immie

Last edited:
I think we might want to use an Obama Administration technic and rename the word peace.

Let's call the award The Nobel Appeasement Prize: Awarded to the biggest suckup and apologist out there.

Who's being appeased? Have the US troops been pulled out of Afghanistan/Iraq? Who exactly is he appeasing? Maybe he just not a "shoot first and ask questions later" kinda guy. Maybe gunboat diplomacy has gone the way of the Dodo....

At the end of the day, the US has a nuclear arsenal...'nuff said.

You have no idea how Liberals in Washington operate.

Just like in Vietnam, Somalia, everywhere we have had to withdraw in defeat.

They put our troops in harms way....leave their shit out there to dry.....refusing them the right to properly defend themselves because their ROEs are too restrictive and their numbers are insuffcient to do the job....and then a shitload get killed and we have to withdraw. It's a setup.

Obama has no intention on winning. He just wants to be able to withdraw without it looking like he's at fault. He wants the uproar to withdraw to rise to a high enough level to justify it. That's why it's taking so long for him to make a decision all the while he's trying to push through Universal Health Care without letting us get a chance to read the bill.

This has nothing to do with his appeasment tour....I.E....pissing off our allies while sucking up to every tinhorn dictator in creation.

Last edited:
This is a joke thread, right?

Immie
only if the Washington Post and USA Today are both in on it

OMG!

It is not a joke... well, the prize is a joke nowadays. That is BS. The man has done nothing in his... well, wait... he did spend nearly a trillion dollars in his failed attempt to stimulate the US economy and wants to spend more. He wants to spend nearly that much to eliminate private health insurance. Maybe the Nobel Committee thinks that will have promoted world peace?

Give me an F'ing break! If they had nominated him next year or in the following years of his presidency it might not look like a scam, but this is ludicrous!

Immie
especially when he was nominated before feb 1st of this year
a mere 10 days after he was inaugurated

that's because i really don't give a shit what you think about conservative Americans

I know, that is what I said (see points 3 and 4).

And the rest of the world thinks conservative Yanks are money hungry, war mongering, "we live in the best country in the world and you will LEARN to love us or else" ijits, who supposedly LOVE freedom as long as they get to decide who has it....

At the end of the day, even in the western world, the conservative American is in a small majority. One dimensionality does that I guess.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of you guys are bred from stock who threw off the yoke of imperialism, so that 'freedom' and 'personal responsibility' thang you guys have runs deep. But too often, you also show that you don't adhere to those principles yourselves...

I'll add a few, for balance:

1. I really don't think liberals have any concept of what a great country they live in
2. I really don't think liberals have any concept of how envious other countries are of our country.
3. I really don't think liberals understand the priniciples of the Constitution
4. I really don't think liberals care about the prinicples of the Constitution
5. I really don't think liberals think.

And all of these are the problem.

Seems to me travelling around the world..apologizing for the U.S.A. kicking the living shit out of terrorists...bowing to Saudi Kings and sucking up to the Eurotrash liberals is more akin to him winning the Appeaser of the Year Award.

"Oh thank you Nobel Prize Committee....thank you."
obama-bow-to-saudi-king1.jpg

Bow Down Before the One you Serve...

:)

peace...

You have no idea how Liberals in Washington operate.

Just like in Vietnam, Somalia, everywhere we have had to withdraw in defeat.

They put our troops in harms way....leave their shit out there to dry.....refusing them the right to properly defend themselves because their ROEs are too restrictive and their numbers are insuffcient to do the job....and then a shitload get killed and we have to withdraw. It's a setup.

Obama has no intention in winning. He just wants to be able to withdraw without it looking like he's at fault. He wants the uproar to withdraw to rise to a high enough level to justify it. That's why it's taking so long for him to make a decision all the while he's trying to push through Universal Health Care without letting us get a chance to read the bill.

This has nothing to do with his appeasment tour. Pissing off our allies while sucking up to every tinhorn dictator in creation.

America has always sucked up to dictators. As have most countries. Noriega was yours before he wasn't, and the House of Saud still is. There is still that famous pic of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Sadman during the Raygun years.

That aside, with regard to ROEs etc, maybe not going in in the first place was the better option? But I was saying that back in 9-12 when anybody with half a brain knew Iraq was gonna take the hit for that shit....

I feel like if I was walking down Canal Street in New York I could pick up a Rolex for $40, a Prada handbag for $100 and a Nobel Peace Prize for $3.50.

You are overpaying for the peace prize.

Immie

I'll add a few, for balance:

1. I really don't think liberals have any concept of what a great country they live in
2. I really don't think liberals have any concept of how envious other countries are of our country.
3. I really don't think liberals understand the priniciples of the Constitution
4. I really don't think liberals care about the prinicples of the Constitution
5. I really don't think liberals think.

And all of these are the problem.

1) of course liberals have that concept, why do you think they fainted after the 2000 election and went absolutely batshit in 2004?
2) I think that is actually a conservative problem. I am not envious of your country, and I don't know many people who are. Is it a great place? Sure. But envious? hhhmmm...
3) I think the liberals do care about the constitution, but I think both parties to liberties with it

Forum List

Back