President Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

I feel like if I was walking down Canal Street in New York I could pick up a Rolex for $40, a Prada handbag for $100 and a Nobel Peace Prize for $3.50.

ah, that's so impressive
hes not Bush

well...I said I thought I was reading The Onion at first.
ah, ok
that makes it different
i didnt pick up on your sarcasm at first

My response when I realized it was legit was that I thought we're supposed to be rewarded for our accomplishments....

which is why I also said I'd have liked to discuss this but found another bashobamafest instead.

EAT YOUR DARK HEARTS OUT

Beck, Hannity, Dobbs, Malkin, O’Reilly and all of the other right wing-nuts and village idiots. Especially FOX-IDIOTS.
lol
Obama just won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize as the first setting president, since Woodrow Wilson, after 9 months in office.
lol
Michael Vicks doing a reality show and being paid. With a blond as his side?
lol
Seals on his 4th baby with Hiedi Klum in 4 years. Talk about a big bang
lol

You are a goddamn retard.... but on the other hand congratulations are in order.. you made an exclusive list.... just see my signature for details

Arafat, jimmah and Barry, united yet again! :lol:
I knew Obama would be nominated and win, I'm just shocked that it happened so quickly.

I can only guess the Nobel Prize Commitee are just doing what they can to prop up his failing Presidency.

too early.

next year would have been great, after the closing of guantanamo, removing the troops from iraq and winding down the afghanistan adventure.

yeah right.

It's also good this year for the reasons it was awarded to him:

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 - Press Release

I love the way cons attempt to minimize the importance of the Nobel. If one of theirs ever won, I wonder what the chatter would become then..

The Nobel committee has become a bunch of anti-American douchebags anyway so what more fitting way to recognize the first sitting POTUS that is actually Anti-American then to give him the award that sums up their common views.:gives:

Last edited:
too early.

next year would have been great, after the closing of guantanamo, removing the troops from iraq and winding down the afghanistan adventure.

yeah right.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

I love the way cons attempt to minimize the importance of the Nobel. If one of theirs ever won, I wonder what the chatter would become then..
yes, he did all that in just 10 days

then you wonder why people think you are a MORON

Looks like Axelrod wrote that nebulous, meaningless gobbldeygook.

As far a I can tell, they've only scoffed at the ridiculous peace prize, as a political sop to some of the stooges who've brought about some of the least peace in the world.....This time around is no exception.

Looks like Axelrod wrote that nebulous, meaningless gobbldeygook.

As far a I can tell, they've only scoffed at the ridiculous peace prize, as a political sop to some of the stooges who've brought about some of the least peace in the world.....This time around is no exception.
and if a conservative were to win it(like THAT Would ever happen), i would say its still worthless.

Finally a president the US has that the world respects.

DC - yes he was nominated two weeks after he was elected, however the choosing of the winner wasn't done until recently.

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!

what the fuck has he done to promote peace?

By KARL RITTER and MATT MOORE
The Associated Press
Friday, October 9, 2009; 5:22 AM

OSLO -- President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," the Norwegian Nobel Committee said, citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation.
The stunning choice made Obama the third sitting U.S. president to win the Nobel Peace Prize and shocked Nobel observers because Obama took office less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline. Obama's name had been mentioned in speculation before the award but many Nobel watchers believed it was too early to award the president.

In a surprise, Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize - washingtonpost.com
as if they have ANY credibility left now

And Look how he's Brought Unity to America!...

I Wonder if the Peaceful Nature of Chicago was Taken into Account?...

This Organization was a Joke a LONG time ago.

:)

peace...

too early.

yeah right.

That's a bogus hypothetical because even if there were a group I would call "one of mine" I think it's nearly impossible for a bunch of American bashers to award somebody that loves America. I love it when Liberals give each other awards for being nice people even when they're the most unpleasant SOBs on Earth.

But nice try.

I can't help wondering bout the timing of this. Obama suffers the biggest defeat in his presidency....a total humiliation....and BINGO....here comes the Nobel Peace Prize.

I wonder how much one of those fuckers costs.

Last edited:
Arafat, jimmah and Barry, united yet again! :lol:
I knew Obama would be nominated and win, I'm just shocked that it happened so quickly.

I can only guess the Nobel Prize Commitee are just doing what they can to prop up his failing Presidency.

And you all have been declaring his presidency "failed" since January 30.. :lol:

Sorry, history will decide the successes and failures of Obama's presidency not a bunch of obstructionist cons.

Do you know what this means?

Chicago is a LOCK for the 2016 Olympics!

You heard it here first!

too early.

yeah right.

personally i would have liked to see one of the chinese dissidents get the prize.

i understand the rationale of the committee, but i don't agree. let's see this guy obama deliver on his campaign promises first for a change.

Forum List

Back