Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I disliked it

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • it was ok

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • it was good but i can't give obama credit for ANYTHING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I disagree in that I think Obama really could have gotten stuff turned around if he just let things fail.

Its like he was trying to gently take a band-aid off a hairy body part.

He poured warm water on it to make it easer to take off...tugged on it...and it stayed stuck.

So he got the water a little warmer and poured it on...tugged on it...it seemed like it may come off but it stayed stuck.

So he got he water even warmer and poured it....giving a bad 3rd degree burn....but the band aid came off and now all thats left is a scar from the original cut and a giant new burn from the remedy of removing the protection.

Ok that may be a little to long of an analogy :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe its just that I believe in Darwin and Evolution and those who like obama's bailout plans seem to believe in Creationism. The darwinistic economist says let the weak die and the strong survive......the creationist economist says we can't let anyone fail because we are capable of propping up the weak so they may survive and compete with the strong.

he is a phoney, i cant stand the sound of his voice, he mentions King but he is the direct opposite of MLK

I agree.

MLK recognized that "America is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world.": Rev. Martin Luther King, Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence

Obama buys into the factually unsubstantiated BS about American exceptionalism and being the best country in the world.

He's lost the sincerity and genuineness he once had and is now just another Washington corporate puppet.

Silly ass. All the great nations have some exceptional characteristics. And my nation, America, has more than most. That does not mean that we have not had periods and actions in our history that are shameful. But overall, from the time of the formartion of this nation, we have much to be proud of, from our influence on the Enlightenment, to the technical achievements that this nation continues to lead in at present.

Did the TOTUS give him that one in ebonics, too, or did he just ad-lib that part?

So you can talk shit as good as any high school sophmore. Wonderful.:eusa_whistle:
If you can't hear that he was obviously playing up to the crowd by dropping consonants at the end of words, then you need to change the batteries in your hearing aid.

As to the speech, it wasn't anything that already was said by Bill Cosby several years back.

The big difference here is that Cosby was vilified and Barry the Manchild is being lionized.

Cosby wasn't vilified by anyone except the street rappers and the pushers. He went on to write a best seller on the subject. As a speaker, Cosby sucks, however.

Bush signed the TARP bill... and most of the money has been repaid. Corporate welfare were our tax policies for the eight years prior.

If you're going to complain, pick the right person to bitch about.

The Stimulus and car folks actually helped working people since we'd have lost 2.5 million jobs affiliated with the auto industry, If you don't like corporate welfare, you should be ok with that one... .especially if it turns out they do what they should have done thirty years ago and produce a product people actually want to buy.

You are correct that Bush signed the TARP bill. You are incorrect in your assumption that I was happy about bush's defecits and little housing and other bailouts throughout his presidency. If you go look at some of my posts (do an advanced search by username with the keyword of bush to find them) you will see I rail on bush for that constantly.

HOWEVER, just because bush did it doesn't make it ok that obama continued it then expanded the idea out into other sections of the economy. Two wrongs do not make a right and Obama is a total douchebag for not cancelling what Bush had done. He could have stopped TARP in its tracks and stood up for the American people. Instead he did what all his backers wanted and gave our tax money to poorly run corporations.

You say the "stimulus and car folks" in your post in a way that sounds as if you think those things are working. Unemployment is climbing faster now, 7 months into Obama's term, than it was in the last 3 months of Bush's or first 3 months of his own so I say that it has yet to have any good effects.

I was the person screaming "LET THEM ALL FAIL, LET THE BAD BANKS FAIL, LET THE STUPID AUTO COMPANIES WHO SIGNED LABOR AGREEMENTS THEY CAN'T AFFORD FAIL"

You say that the car companies failed because they made a product no one wanted? I LOVED GM and Chrysler cars...still do actually...they made the best stuff out there. The problem is their average labor cost, with benefits, was over $70/hour while the foreign competition's average was just about at $40/hour. THIS is why they failed...bad management combined with bad labor agreements.

If you want to discuss the auto industry further create a thread, or find one of the many existing ones, then post a link here and i'll be happy to follow it and discuss.

I do not like the bailouts. I like the alternative of a Second Great Republican Depression even less. There are no good choices in our present situation. The time for those choices were years ago during a completely incompetant administration that was most of the problem. Untill the Stimulas has had time to work, this is still Bush's economy.

again, you dumb fuck, explain when clinton and dodd became republicans. that's right, you won't.

:lol: alas but he is our commander in cheif.

I currently disapprove of most of the bills he has signed his name to (especially all the auto, stimulus, tarp, corporate welfare....stuff)

Bush signed the TARP bill... and most of the money has been repaid. Corporate welfare were our tax policies for the eight years prior.

The Stimulus and car folks actually helped working people since we'd have lost 2.5 million jobs affiliated with the auto industry, If you don't like corporate welfare, you should be ok with that one... .especially if it turns out they do what they should have done thirty years ago and produce a product people actually want to buy.

You are correct that Bush signed the TARP bill. You are incorrect in your assumption that I was happy about bush's defecits and little housing and other bailouts throughout his presidency. If you go look at some of my posts (do an advanced search by username with the keyword of bush to find them) you will see I rail on bush for that constantly.

HOWEVER, just because bush did it doesn't make it ok that obama continued it then expanded the idea out into other sections of the economy. Two wrongs do not make a right and Obama is a total douchebag for not cancelling what Bush had done. He could have stopped TARP in its tracks and stood up for the American people. Instead he did what all his backers wanted and gave our tax money to poorly run corporations.

You say the "stimulus and car folks" in your post in a way that sounds as if you think those things are working. Unemployment is climbing faster now, 7 months into Obama's term, than it was in the last 3 months of Bush's or first 3 months of his own so I say that it has yet to have any good effects.

I was the person screaming "LET THEM ALL FAIL, LET THE BAD BANKS FAIL, LET THE STUPID AUTO COMPANIES WHO SIGNED LABOR AGREEMENTS THEY CAN'T AFFORD FAIL"

You say that the car companies failed because they made a product no one wanted? I LOVED GM and Chrysler cars...still do actually...they made the best stuff out there. The problem is their average labor cost, with benefits, was over $70/hour while the foreign competition's average was just about at $40/hour. THIS is why they failed...bad management combined with bad labor agreements.

If you want to discuss the auto industry further create a thread, or find one of the many existing ones, then post a link here and i'll be happy to follow it and discuss.

And you are suggesting that the economy and unemployment would be in a better state allowing "LET THEM ALL FAIL, LET THE BAD BANKS FAIL, LET THE STUPID AUTO COMPANIES WHO SIGNED LABOR AGREEMENTS THEY CAN'T AFFORD FAIL"

Can you even wrap your brain around what you just said? I can't

I disagree in that I think Obama really could have gotten stuff turned around if he just let things fail.

Its like he was trying to gently take a band-aid off a hairy body part.

He poured warm water on it to make it easer to take off...tugged on it...and it stayed stuck.

So he got the water a little warmer and poured it on...tugged on it...it seemed like it may come off but it stayed stuck.

So he got he water even warmer and poured it....giving a bad 3rd degree burn....but the band aid came off and now all thats left is a scar from the original cut and a giant new burn from the remedy of removing the protection.

Ok that may be a little to long of an analogy :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe its just that I believe in Darwin and Evolution and those who like obama's bailout plans seem to believe in Creationism. The darwinistic economist says let the weak die and the strong survive......the creationist economist says we can't let anyone fail because we are capable of propping up the weak so they may survive and compete with the strong.

Without knowing what the outcome would be of the bleed, whether it would hemorrhage or just ooze, bandaids worked just fine. Surgery is currently a work in progress.

I thought this was an excellent speech that everybody can agree on.
You knotheads are still swayed by Osama's ability with his silver tongue that you can't see beyond his speech making ability to understand that he is not a leader. The United States needs a leader to run our county, not some Chicago thug who has learned to lie, cheat and deceive in order to get ahead politically. He is a politician of the worst kind, and most of the American citizens who voted for him were duped into thinking that what he promised would be forthcoming. Well, guess what? It hasn't and won't be.

And you are suggesting that the economy and unemployment would be in a better state allowing "LET THEM ALL FAIL, LET THE BAD BANKS FAIL, LET THE STUPID AUTO COMPANIES WHO SIGNED LABOR AGREEMENTS THEY CAN'T AFFORD FAIL"

Can you even wrap your brain around what you just said? I can't

Yup pretty easily. You on the other hand either can't or dont want to. :slap:

Silly ass. All the great nations have some exceptional characteristics. And my nation, America, has more than most. That does not mean that we have not had periods and actions in our history that are shameful. But overall, from the time of the formartion of this nation, we have much to be proud of, from our influence on the Enlightenment, to the technical achievements that this nation continues to lead in at present.

all those great things....and then theres jerks like you...that bring everyone down...

I currently disapprove of most of the bills he has signed his name to (especially all the auto, stimulus, tarp, corporate welfare....stuff)

He's not mine until I see a Birth Certificate and not a Certificate of Live Birth(Which even the Governator has, eventhough he was born in Austria.)

I understand your sentiment but...do you realize you sound like one of those people who claimed Bush stole the election from Gore therefore he wasn't their president?

Dont hate me :S I am just trying to keep you honest ;).

I honestly don't care how I sound, I call it how I see it. The way to shut me up is show me a birth certificate and I will keep my mouth shut with a smile on my face until Obama is voted out in three years.

WOW Obama actually gave a speech I really agree with and think overall was good. FINALLY!!!!! The last speech he gave that sounded good was his inagural address IMO (Now i'm just talking speech, not if actions taken after are matching the words in the speech)....

37 minutes? I can't stand to listen to Obama's teleprompter for more than 37 seconds.

He's not mine until I see a Birth Certificate and not a Certificate of Live Birth(Which even the Governator has, eventhough he was born in Austria.)

I'll try to arrange a personal interview just for you with his mother's OBGYN. Oh hell, nevermind, waste of time. You'd just say he was lying.

Hmmmmm, thats why no credible source has come forward from the hospital he was SUPPOSEDLY born at.............Not a doctor, nurse hell custodian NOONE. Because he wasn't born at the place listed on his Cirtificate of live Birth(which I can get for my dog).

I'll try to arrange a personal interview just for you with his mother's OBGYN. Oh hell, nevermind, waste of time. You'd just say he was lying.

Hmmmmm, thats why no credible source has come forward from the hospital he was SUPPOSEDLY born at.............Not a doctor, nurse hell custodian NOONE. Because he wasn't born at the place listed on his Cirtificate of live Birth(which I can get for my dog).

Sheesh. Damn, you guys are beyond stupid. Obama was campaigning as a Democrat, Bush was the Republican President. Had Obama not had a legal certificate, it would have been on prime news the night he recieved the nomination. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back