President and First Lady Receive Highest Award

President Obama, Michelle Obama Receive Highest Award In Homeless Veteran Advocacy

And, they deserve it.

President Obama advocated for vets back when he was a senator and he's still doing it. Now, with the First and Second Lady's involved as well.

The way we have treated our vets is obscene.

On any given night last January, 67,495 homeless veterans were sleeping on the streets, a 56 percent decline since the president took office, according to the Annual Homelessness Assessment Report to Congress.

And, we've obviously got a long way to go.

I'm not a particularly big Obama fan, but credit where credit is due. If this is true, it's a job well done.

But yes, with a long way still to go.

Well done, Mr President.

He has been good on Vet care, the part of "military support", the hard core right often ignores.

President Obama, Michelle Obama Receive Highest Award In Homeless Veteran Advocacy

And, they deserve it.

President Obama advocated for vets back when he was a senator and he's still doing it. Now, with the First and Second Lady's involved as well.

Wow...a 56% decline in homeless vets is awesome. Way to go Mr. President. Yeah, we've still got a long way to go, but a 56% decline is pretty incredible.

Now if we can just do more for our veteran's and active duty member's mental health...without having Republicans like John McCain blocking suicide prevention bills.

It's truly amazing, isn't it.... and there's only 24 hours in a day... most of that he spends working as POTUS. It's truly miraculous that he can also get out there and help our vets every day.

Big ideas are mostly solved through leverage. We used to call that management by objectives. Set the objective, approve the plans, and monitor the result.

You people (and by you people I mean the hacks who ignore reality and run away with your partisan hackery)... make me laugh.... 'Well done Mr President'... while ignoring the thousands of Americans who volunteer their time and their money every day to help our vets.

God bless everyone who's trying to help our veterans. God bless our President for giving them a bit of help with strategy and funding to make the overall outcome better for these folks.

Fucking sick partisan bullshit - and using our most vulnerable vets to do so.... sickening.

Using? You sound like you're using.

Hope they enjoy their award while defunding our military at the same time

And, they deserve it.

Wow...a 56% decline in homeless vets is awesome. Way to go Mr. President. Yeah, we've still got a long way to go, but a 56% decline is pretty incredible.

Now if we can just do more for our veteran's and active duty member's mental health...without having Republicans like John McCain blocking suicide prevention bills.

It's truly amazing, isn't it.... and there's only 24 hours in a day... most of that he spends working as POTUS. It's truly miraculous that he can also get out there and help our vets every day.

You people (and by you people I mean the hacks who ignore reality and run away with your partisan hackery)... make me laugh.... 'Well done Mr President'... while ignoring the thousands of Americans who volunteer their time and their money every day to help our vets.

Fucking sick partisan bullshit - and using our most vulnerable vets to do so.... sickening.

And I'm sure you would be just as insulted and outraged if it were a Republican President getting some Bravo Zulus for a 56% reduction in homelessness among veterans during their Presidency wouldn't you?

It is, as Joe Biden would put it, a big fucking deal. I'd be celebrating it no matter which party was in office. Of course, I'm one of those volunteers (and a veteran).

And yeah, I'm admittedly partisan and likely to remain so. At least I recognize it. Pot, have you met Kettle? (They're both black you know...)

How much money does the military need? What part of our GDP do we spend on our armed forces, compared to our threats? Are military leaders asking for more? Nope. They're budgeting for enough to deal with their analysis of threat.

Do you have a wide on for defense contractors?

How much money does the military need? What part of our GDP do we spend on our armed forces, compared to our threats? Are military leaders asking for more? Nope. They're budgeting for enough to deal with their analysis of threat.

oh I don't know..THE Governments ONE obligation is to protect and defend us..
But instead of cutting GOVERNMENT this administration goes after our DEFENSE..

We spend more than the next 14 nations combined on military. Suppose we spent only as much as the next 7? Would we really be that much move vulneble? After all, 9-11 was not pulled off with aircraft carriers and intercontinental missiles. And the means that would have prevented it would not have even cost the price of one fighter plane.

Ah, but what Staph means by cutting government is cutting all moneys spent on such trivial things as SS, infrastructure, vets, R and D, NASA, NOAA, CDC, ect. Just give it all the the Military Industrial Complex. President Eisenhower was so correct in his warning.

"ONE obligation"? Are you nuts?

I suggest you read the last State Of The Union by Eisenhower. The fact remains that the leadership in the military aren't squawking about budget cuts. It's the defense contractors that are.

There's nothing wrong will cutting defense expenditure, so long as the ability to defend oneself against the level of threat is not diminished.

And therein lies the problem.

Level of threat can increase significantly faster that the ability of a nation to equip commensurately to meet that increased threat. Fairly recent history is a perfect illustration of this, and we ignore the lessons at our peril.

And, they deserve it.

On any given night last January, 67,495 homeless veterans were sleeping on the streets, a 56 percent decline since the president took office, according to the Annual Homelessness Assessment Report to Congress.

well asswipe is in charge now and has been since 2009,, why the fuck is he treating them this way,, they deserve no awards cause he's done nothing except "fucking advocate."???? wth does advocate mean anyway??

And, they deserve it.

well asswipe is in charge now and has been since 2009,, why the fuck is he treating them this way,, they deserve no awards cause he's done nothing except "fucking advocate."???? wth does advocate mean anyway??

give it a lot of lip service

Just answer one question libtards.. "How many homes for homeless vets could Michelle build for one 500 million dollar vacation to Spain."?????????????????

Advocate my ass.

I suggest you read the last State Of The Union by Eisenhower. The fact remains that the leadership in the military aren't squawking about budget cuts. It's the defense contractors that are.

BINGO!!! AND they compensate red state reps, Stephanie & WillowTree's, w/ campaign contributions ;)

Last edited:
Just answer one question libtards.. "How many homes for homeless vets could Michelle build for one 500 million dollar vacation to Spain."?????????????????

Advocate my ass.

Your myopic tiny mind seems too stupid to understand the Constitutional process of directing monies. Since you're so fucking stupid, here's a clue. Obama is asking for more adequate funding for dealing with veteran's issues. What is the Ryan response?

Did the Administration ask for increased funding of the Whitehouse budget? Or is it just a remnant of the Bush Whitehouse budget?

What in your pea brain is the cost/benefit result of goodwill missions to Spain? Are you against goodwill missions? Why was Laura Bush's first such mission in Paris, and the hottest cities in Europe? I don't even think she visited Poland, who sent troops to Iraq.

You're a pathetic simpleton, Willow. Now go and fire up your filthy mouth for a rebuttal.

Advocate my ass.

less than the amt that could be housed if the 2 billion $ "gift" to israel :eusa_pray: were used asswipe. :lol: :eusa_boohoo:

Advocate my ass.

Your myopic tiny mind seems too stupid to understand the Constitutional process of directing monies. Since you're so fucking stupid, here's a clue. Obama is asking for more adequate funding for dealing with veteran's issues. What is the Ryan response?

Did the Administration ask for increased funding of the Whitehouse budget? Or is it just a remnant of the Bush Whitehouse budget?

What in your pea brain is the cost/benefit result of goodwill missions to Spain? Are you against goodwill missions? Why was Laura Bush's first such mission in Paris, and the hottest cities in Europe? I don't even think she visited Poland, who sent troops to Iraq.

You're a pathetic simpleton, Willow. Now go and fire up your filthy mouth for a rebuttal.

You DO know Willow quite well. ;) She talks as much Fox- programmed, baseless, partisan, drivel as Staphanie ;)

BINGO!!! AND they compensate red state reps, Stephanie & WillowTree's, w/ campaign contributions ;)

They're teat suckers who pretend to be for small government.

Stephanie's comments are pretty absurd and sick. If the one purpose of government, is as she suggests, welfare for defense contractors, one has to ask whether she suggests we ought to be a militaristic society bent on world domination and empire.

What a bunch of ass hats.

Advocate my ass.

:eusa_eh:

Advocate my ass.

You DO know Willow quite well. ;) She talks as much Fox- programmed, baseless, partisan, drivel as Staphanie ;)

so now you are stalking not only me but willow too..lovely

Forum List

Back