Pres. Trump expected to sign executive order, allowing purchase of health ins. across state lines

it shouldn't have to. You can buy your auto insurance from anyone & in different states with different laws.

This may be news to you, but health insurance and car insurance don't function the same way.
They can be made to function in any manner and you know it. Obamacare is proof of that Mr Elitist Douche

Ok, so what's your proposal?

How do you suggest we "make" insurance companies do what you want them to do?
You don't have to make them do anything just remove the barriers.

I'm in a medical Co-op based out of Wichita Ks and I live in Missouri. There are a network of doctors & facilities from 3 states all working together.

It is FAR cheaper than the scam Obamacare

The biggest barriers against it aren't laws, but insurance company profit margins.
cost prohibitive?

I'm in a medical Co-op based out of Wichita Ks and I live in Missouri. There are a network of doctors & facilities from 3 states all working together.

The biggest barriers against it aren't laws, but insurance company profit margins.
Bull.

I have several business policies that I am required to purchase IN STATE because of red tape regulations.

It's much more likely that you have to purchase them in state because out of state businesses don't want to deal with your state's red tape - not because the red tape itself prevents them from selling it to you.

That's basically why insurance isn't sold across state lines, and why insurance companies don't feel any desire to do so - because each state has it's own rules for insurance companies to follow, and it's too much overhead for a company to constantly maintain two or more sets of varying rules.
Obamacare ended that with its one size fits all regulations

and that's the beauty of an association drive market. If my association brings 2 million members to the bargaining table, companies will line up to grab that market share. But the point is, the consumer will drive it, not government. And for those advocating single payer, you face the same issue of different regulations in different states. How do you reconcile that under your approach?
medicare for all....the 2nd largest group health insurance policy holder in the land.... they negotiated prices for all of the nation's seniors from all states, there is no state barriers....

Bull.

I have several business policies that I am required to purchase IN STATE because of red tape regulations.

It's much more likely that you have to purchase them in state because out of state businesses don't want to deal with your state's red tape - not because the red tape itself prevents them from selling it to you.

That's basically why insurance isn't sold across state lines, and why insurance companies don't feel any desire to do so - because each state has it's own rules for insurance companies to follow, and it's too much overhead for a company to constantly maintain two or more sets of varying rules.
Obamacare ended that with its one size fits all regulations

No, it didn't. It established minimum standards of care that must be reflected in state regulations. States are free to (and have) set their own regulations into place as well.

who has a heath insurance policy that does not have

IN NETWORK

OUT OF NETWORK

costs that differ?

who has a heath insurance policy that does not have

IN NETWORK

OUT OF NETWORK

costs that differ?

try to see/pay a brain surgeon in LA with a policy that has a network of Dr.'s in Wyoming.

:popcorn:

This may be news to you, but health insurance and car insurance don't function the same way.
They can be made to function in any manner and you know it. Obamacare is proof of that Mr Elitist Douche

You just stated that the ACA didn’t have any negative impact on your plan. That’s great to hear.
The ACA tripled my plan. I ditched BOTH and found the co-op. Fuck the mandate

Liar.

Trump says likely to sign new healthcare order this week

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would sign a measure, likely this week, to allow people in the United States to buy healthcare across state lines.

“They’ll be able to buy, they’ll be able to cross state lines and they will get great competitive healthcare, and it will cost the United States nothing,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office during a meeting with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

“With Congress the way it is, I decided to take it upon myself, so we’ll be announcing that soon as far as the signing’s concerned, but it’s largely worked out,” he said...

..Trump has suggested before that he was eying an executive order that would allow individuals to purchase insurance across state lines through so-called health associations, which Republican Senator Rand Paul has advocated.

It'd be awesome if he did the same for cable TV/internet as well.
what a completely terrible idea.

You just stated that the ACA didn’t have any negative impact on your plan. That’s great to hear.

Liar.
And you wonder why I put you on ignore.

Back you go...

Liar.

Back you go...

I never wondered why. It is plain to see.

Why did you lie? Your plan was not tripled by the ACA.

Liar.

Back you go...

I'm sure you are an expert on his premiums

Liar.

Back you go...

I'm an expert on lies being told about the ACA.

Liar.

Back you go...

Hacks don't like facts. Was married with 3 step children with one of them confined to a wheelchair because she had CP and underwent near a dozen surgeries.

Liar.

Back you go...

Hacks don't like facts. Was married with 3 step children with one of them confined to a wheelchair because she had CP and underwent near a dozen surgeries.
And allowing insurance companies to sell across State lines will give you higher premiums with worse coverage. Simple fact. So, think of your ill stepchild when you go to the polls next year.

Liar.

Back you go...

the idgets that carp about paying 3x the $$ for ACA premiums now have 3x better insurance premiums.

better costs more - my premium didnt increase a dime because it exceeded ACA standards.

RW idiots want and try to make other idiots believe their horseshit ... go figure.

Back you go...

And allowing insurance companies to sell across State lines will give you higher premiums with worse coverage. Simple fact. So, think of your ill stepchild when you go to the polls next year.
They are grown now. And I am no longer with their mother.

Back you go...

Oh, well, screw 'em then ! :D

Oh, well, screw 'em then ! :D
Naw, just her lol. We all still get together

Liar.

Back you go...

Like you can keep your doctor and your insurance?

Back you go...

Like you can keep your doctor and your insurance?

I did.

Forum List

Back