Pres. Trump expected to sign executive order, allowing purchase of health ins. across state lines

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Trump says likely to sign new healthcare order this week

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would sign a measure, likely this week, to allow people in the United States to buy healthcare across state lines.

“They’ll be able to buy, they’ll be able to cross state lines and they will get great competitive healthcare, and it will cost the United States nothing,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office during a meeting with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

“With Congress the way it is, I decided to take it upon myself, so we’ll be announcing that soon as far as the signing’s concerned, but it’s largely worked out,” he said...

..Trump has suggested before that he was eying an executive order that would allow individuals to purchase insurance across state lines through so-called health associations, which Republican Senator Rand Paul has advocated.

It'd be awesome if he did the same for cable TV/internet as well.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would sign a measure, likely this week, to allow people in the United States to buy healthcare across state lines.

“They’ll be able to buy, they’ll be able to cross state lines and they will get great competitive healthcare, and it will cost the United States nothing,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office during a meeting with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

“With Congress the way it is, I decided to take it upon myself, so we’ll be announcing that soon as far as the signing’s concerned, but it’s largely worked out,” he said...

..Trump has suggested before that he was eying an executive order that would allow individuals to purchase insurance across state lines through so-called health associations, which Republican Senator Rand Paul has advocated.

How will it work? I go to another State to buy a policy that is cheaper but the ONLY doctors I can see are the doctors in their network in the other State?

Selling Health Insurance Across State Lines Won't Save Money

This idea has been put forward as an elixir to all sorts of health sector problems. In his joint address to Congress, President Donald Trump argued that allowing people to buy health insurance in other states would “create a truly competitive national marketplace that will bring costs way down and provide far better care. So important.”

The American Academy of Actuaries is less optimistic: “The ability to lower premiums by allowing cross-state sales of insurance is limited,” the organization says, “because a key driver of health insurance premiums is local costs of health care.” When the idea was floated last year at an industry conference, the “audience literally laughed,” one health care consultant noted.

Why do careful students of health care view cross-state sales of insurance skeptically?

One reason is that it is already allowed –- and yet basically doesn’t happen. States possess the authority to sanction sales across their borders, and to define the conditions for such sales. In addition to this generic state authority, Section 1333 of Obamacare authorizes “health care choice compacts” across states. As of last month, five states had passed legislation allowing insurance plans that cross state lines: Rhode Island, Wyoming, Georgia, Kentucky and Maine. Georgia's law has been in effect since 2011, yet no insurer has yet offered an out-of-state policy there -- or in any of the other four states. If this is the key to bringing costs down, why doesn't anyone want to do it?

How will it work? I go to another State to buy a policy that is cheaper but the ONLY doctors I can see are the doctors in their network in the other State?

it shouldn't have to. You can buy your auto insurance from anyone & in different states with different laws.

it shouldn't have to. You can buy your auto insurance from anyone & in different states with different laws.

This may be news to you, but health insurance and car insurance don't function the same way.

right now, any policy you buy, has an

IN NETWORK list of doctors and hospitals

And if you do not use their in network facilities and go

OUT OF NETWORK....

the insurance companies only pay 50% of the normal allotment price and the policy holder has to pay the other 50%....

all policies have an in network price and out of network price for everything, including your deductibles, and if 'out of network' then those even double...

so, unless I go to the IN NETWORK hospitals/docs in another state that i bought the policy, my health care costs DOUBLE in price if I see a doctor in my state....

poor old man Trump. He's just like his drones.

You cant explain anything to him. Look back at everything he's been "likely" to do only to be shut down before he could do it.

the only thing that he's likely to do with any great success is get his old ass kicked by his trophy wife.

This may be news to you, but health insurance and car insurance don't function the same way.
They can be made to function in any manner and you know it. Obamacare is proof of that Mr Elitist Douche

They can be made to function in any manner and you know it. Obamacare is proof of that Mr Elitist Douche

Ok, so what's your proposal?

How do you suggest we "make" insurance companies do what you want them to do?

LOL, I thought the Trumptard consensus was that Congress had to make the laws.

I was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't Congress be doing this?

There is no federal law saying that insurance companies can't sell across state lines. There's nothing for Congress to do.

Unless you think insurance companies should be forced to sell insurance across state lines.

OUT OF NETWORK....

the insurance companies only pay 50% of the normal allotment price and the policy holder has to pay the other 50%....

all policies have an in network price and out of network price for everything, including your deductibles, and if 'out of network' then those even double...

so, unless I go to the IN NETWORK hospitals/docs in another state that i bought the policy, my health care costs DOUBLE in price if I see a doctor in my state....
so with that mentality, I don't get covered if I'm out of the state I purchase my health insurance? if I'm traveling and get sick, I can't be seen by a doctor? I can't get prescription drugs? me thinks you are confused.

Ok, so what's your proposal?

How do you suggest we "make" insurance companies do what you want them to do?
You don't have to make them do anything just remove the barriers.

I'm in a medical Co-op based out of Wichita Ks and I live in Missouri. There are a network of doctors & facilities from 3 states all working together.

It is FAR cheaper than the scam Obamacare

OUT OF NETWORK....

so with that mentality, I don't get covered if I'm out of the state I purchase my health insurance? if I'm traveling and get sick, I can't be seen by a doctor? I can't get prescription drugs? me thinks you are confused.
Not confused...

LIBERAL

Forum List

Back