Preperation for a big one

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
White House is preparing for catastrophic solar flares which could wipe out power around the world for months - bringing an end to modern civilization as we know it
  • Massive electromagnetic pulse caused by solar flares could bring an end to modern civilization as we know it
  • Extreme space weather event could wipe out power for months and render cellphones and internet useless
  • One study estimates that in the U.S. alone it could cost the fragile economy up to $2.6 trillion
  • Now the White House are preparing for the threat after a major solar flare narrowly missed the Earth in 2012
  • Strategy includes improving prediction abilities as forecasters only have been 15-60 minutes warning and how to protect energy grids

Read more: White House is preparing for catastrophic solar flares
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Far more likely than an asteroid impact.

Probably be a good thing. Make all these limp wrists wake up.
Species survival and all that lol

White House is preparing for catastrophic solar flares which could wipe out power around the world for months - bringing an end to modern civilization as we know it
  • Massive electromagnetic pulse caused by solar flares could bring an end to modern civilization as we know it
  • Extreme space weather event could wipe out power for months and render cellphones and internet useless
  • One study estimates that in the U.S. alone it could cost the fragile economy up to $2.6 trillion
  • Now the White House are preparing for the threat after a major solar flare narrowly missed the Earth in 2012
  • Strategy includes improving prediction abilities as forecasters only have been 15-60 minutes warning and how to protect energy grids

giphy.gif

Perperation: the rationing of criminals.

Preperation: the rationing of preppies.

Preparation: Making plans and having available materials necessary to prevent or minimize a situation or problem.

Old Rocks: Undefined, though thought to mean empty-minded person.

giphy.gif

A Perfect Solar Superstorm: The 1859 Carrington Event - History in the Headlines

Always lead with a spelling error when you want to make an important point. Let's see solar flares are multi wavelength events. Gamma rays are stopped by what? EMPs?

Seriously i dont insist on the big ones, i lived in california always hearing about that big quake that never came.....and i was just telling liberty what word i seen....just sayin

I be see'n lots o' red marks under yor posts in quote mode...

Been ready for 3 years now......at least to endure in the short run in SHTF times. Pity the Disney dwellers...........a handful in here who post regularly have no shot.

Ammo up s0ns!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back