Prepare Yourself for Blowback from Yemen

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA

If there is another terrorist attack on U.S. soil, this time because of the death and destruction that the U.S. government is wreaking in Yemen, I can already hear the laments and complaints of statist-Americans: “Oh my gosh, another terrorist attack against us! Why do the terrorists and the Muslims hate us for our freedom and values? Why can’t they see that we’re good people who just want to live our lives in peace? We must now give more power and more money to the Pentagon, CIA, and NSA so that they can keep us safe from those who hate us because we’re good.”

In other words, the last thing they’re going to acknowledge is that the Tomahawk missiles that the U.S. military fired against radar sites in Yemen yesterday, killing whoever happened to be manning those radar sites, will have had anything to do with retaliatory terrorism against the United States.

Once again, this time in Yemen, the Pentagon is playing the victim. It claims that it fired its missiles in self-defense after two incidents in which rebels in Yemen fired missiles at a U.S. Navy ship in the area.

But the Pentagon is not a victim and it didn’t fire those missiles and kill those Yemeni radar operators in self-defense. Instead, like its other interventions in Iraq, Libya, Syria, and elsewhere in the Middle East, it is an illegal participant in the ongoing conflict in Yemen."

If there is another terrorist attack on U.S. soil, this time because of the death and destruction that the U.S. government is wreaking in Yemen, I can already hear the laments and complaints of statist-Americans: “Oh my gosh, another terrorist attack against us! Why do the terrorists and the Muslims hate us for our freedom and values? Why can’t they see that we’re good people who just want to live our lives in peace? We must now give more power and more money to the Pentagon, CIA, and NSA so that they can keep us safe from those who hate us because we’re good.”

In other words, the last thing they’re going to acknowledge is that the Tomahawk missiles that the U.S. military fired against radar sites in Yemen yesterday, killing whoever happened to be manning those radar sites, will have had anything to do with retaliatory terrorism against the United States.

Once again, this time in Yemen, the Pentagon is playing the victim. It claims that it fired its missiles in self-defense after two incidents in which rebels in Yemen fired missiles at a U.S. Navy ship in the area.

But the Pentagon is not a victim and it didn’t fire those missiles and kill those Yemeni radar operators in self-defense. Instead, like its other interventions in Iraq, Libya, Syria, and elsewhere in the Middle East, it is an illegal participant in the ongoing conflict in Yemen."
Puh—Leeze

Puh—Leeze

First, let’s point out the obvious: No one in Yemen has ever attacked the continental United States nor does anyone in Yemen have any interest in doing so. The conflict in that country is a civil war, one that isn’t any business of the United States but which the U.S. national-security establishment has made its business, just like it did more than 50 years ago in Korea and Vietnam.

Second, if a poll were suddenly conducted of the American people as to who is fighting in Yemen and why they are fighting, my hunch is that 99 percent of the respondents would answer, “I have no idea.” Thus, it’s another classic example of how Americans just defer to the national-security establishment — i.e., the Pentagon and CIA — when it comes to foreign interventionism. “They’re the experts on national security,” the sentiment goes, “and so we should blindly defer to their wisdom and expertise.”

Third, Saudi Arabia, which has embroiled itself in the conflict by invading Yemen and killing countless people, has done so with weaponry that has been furnished by the U.S. military-industrial complex.

Fourth, by firing its missiles into Yemen, the Pentagon committed an illegal act of war under our form of constitutional government. The U.S. Constitution, which purports to control the actions of federal officials, requires a congressional declaration of war before the Pentagon is permitted to wage war. Of course, that has never mattered to the Pentagon, notwithstanding the fact that it requires its soldiers to take an oath to support and defend the Constitution

Puh—Leeze

First, let’s point out the obvious: No one in Yemen has ever attacked the continental United States nor does anyone in Yemen have any interest in doing so. The conflict in that country is a civil war, one that isn’t any business of the United States but which the U.S. national-security establishment has made its business, just like it did more than 50 years ago in Korea and Vietnam.

Second, if a poll were suddenly conducted of the American people as to who is fighting in Yemen and why they are fighting, my hunch is that 99 percent of the respondents would answer, “I have no idea.” Thus, it’s another classic example of how Americans just defer to the national-security establishment — i.e., the Pentagon and CIA — when it comes to foreign interventionism. “They’re the experts on national security,” the sentiment goes, “and so we should blindly defer to their wisdom and expertise.”

Third, Saudi Arabia, which has embroiled itself in the conflict by invading Yemen and killing countless people, has done so with weaponry that has been furnished by the U.S. military-industrial complex.

Fourth, by firing its missiles into Yemen, the Pentagon committed an illegal act of war under our form of constitutional government. The U.S. Constitution, which purports to control the actions of federal officials, requires a congressional declaration of war before the Pentagon is permitted to wage war. Of course, that has never mattered to the Pentagon, notwithstanding the fact that it requires its soldiers to take an oath to support and defend the Constitution

When they launch cruise missiles at us, then it is our business.

Puh—Leeze

When they launch cruise missiles at us, then it is our business.

And you know that Yemen , a 50th rated military power , launched cruise missiles at "us" how?

And you know that Yemen , a 50th rated military power , launched cruise missiles at "us" how?
They weren't successful. They are in proxy war with Iran on their side. Iran is sending/sent war ship to the sea.

The Pentagon told us. You have no grounds for not believing what they tell us.

They weren't successful. They are in proxy war with Iran on their side. Iran is sending/sent war ship to the sea.

The Pentagon told us. You have no grounds for not believing what they tell us.

Fucktards like you accept the CIA's bullshit as gospel.

I do not.

Let’s not ignore the obvious: Rather than fire its missiles at those radar sites, the Pentagon could have just come home and limited its role to protecting the United States, just as the Swiss military does.

Indeed, at the risk of belaboring the obvious, the Pentagon has intentionally stationed its warships near the warzone, knowing full-well of the likelihood that Yemenis might strike at U.S. warships in retaliation for the death and destruction that U.S. partner and ally Saudi Arabia is wreaking on the country with U.S.-provided weaponry.

The Pentagon is not a victim in Yemen and it’s not an innocent party to the conflict. By providing armaments to Saudi Arabia, it has knowingly embroiled the United States in the conflict and is now playing the innocent. It’s another classic example of how the U.S. national-security establishment has operated ever since it lost its official enemies, the Soviet Union and communism, with the sudden and unexpected end of the Cold War.

Gulf of Tonkin near Yemen

So, I read the blurbs in the news, about the Houthis of Yemen firing rockets at American ships.

"Funny", I think, "why would they do that? There is no chance of even damaging ships with those rockets"

"oh" I think, "Of course, this will give the US an excuse to start helping Saudi Arabia in it's war against Yemen. So, my bet is it was Saudi agents firing those rockets"

Now, the US has fired missiles from the USS Mason and destroyed 3 Yemeni radar sites.

And the Houthis are denying they fired the rockets.

Par for the course for the empire of lies.

o.k., I'm not saying I disagree with you, I don't, but please post in normal size letters so I can read it easily.

So, I read the blurbs in the news, about the Houthis of Yemen firing rockets at American ships.

"Funny", I think, "why would they do that? There is no chance of even damaging ships with those rockets"

"oh" I think, "Of course, this will give the US an excuse to start helping Saudi Arabia in it's war against Yemen. So, my bet is it was Saudi agents firing those rockets"

Now, the US has fired missiles from the USS Mason and destroyed 3 Yemeni radar sites.

Watched NBC News with Lester Dolt last night. After many minutes attacking Trump, Yemen is reported. They inform viewers of the US attack and then they claim Obama and the Pentagon are rethinking their involvement in Yemen, because the Saudis are killing too many Yemeni civilians. Does this make any sense? I think not.

Puh—Leeze

Pussy

Watched NBC News with Lester Dolt last night. After many minutes attacking Trump, Yemen is reported. They inform viewers of the US attack and then they claim Obama and the Pentagon are rethinking their involvement in Yemen, because the Saudis are killing too many Yemeni civilians. Does this make any sense? I think not.
Actually they announced that earlier, either when the Saudis bombed that funeral home, or when they bombed something else. I can't quite recall when, I often listen to news on the radio, but they have certainly announced that they were thinking of cutting or limiting military aid to Saudi Arabia.

Actually they announced that earlier, either when the Saudis bombed that funeral home, or when they bombed something else. I can't quite recall when, I often listen to news on the radio, but they have certainly announced that they were thinking of cutting or limiting military aid to Saudi Arabia.
Yes...the military or Big Ears administration said they were rethinking involvement in Yemen because of Saudi actions....then they bomb those missile sites. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Just leave the area....that is all our military had to do.

The Saudis are committing war crimes in Yemen with American and British munitions. When arms are sold to a country, the merchants must take some blame for how they are being used. It is similar to what the Israelis do to Palestinians in Gaza. None of us have any doubts about whose side the Americans are on.

The Saudis are committing war crimes in Yemen with American and British munitions. When arms are sold to a country, the merchants must take some blame for how they are being used. It is similar to what the Israelis do to Palestinians in Gaza. None of us have any doubts about whose side the Americans are on.
I believe Obama helped Iran give the weapons to them to fire at our ships....

o.k., I'm not saying I disagree with you, I don't, but please post in normal size letters so I can read it easily.

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/10/14/13269580/us-bombing-yemen-houthis
Why the hell is the US helping Saudi Arabia bomb Yemen? A brief guide.

upload_2016-10-14_11-47-56.png

Late on Wednesday evening, the United States bombed Yemen’s Houthi militants for the first time, launching cruise missiles at three Houthi-controlled radar installations. The strikes were billed as limited retaliation: Twice in the past week, missiles have been fired from Houthi-controlled territory at US warships in the area (which they luckily missed).

But there’s a bigger story here: The United States has, for more than a year now, been quietly participating in a Saudi-led war against the Houthis, providing valuable logistical support for Saudi Arabia’s airstrikes. So this missile exchange isn’t something out of the blue. It’s an escalation of current US policy, moving from indirect to direct participation in the Saudi offensive.

The problem, though, is that the Saudi campaign is utterly vicious.

Thanks for that link and great thread, but it's still pretty annoying that I have to change the font size just to read your posts, then change the size again to read the other posts.

Thanks for that link and great thread, but it's still pretty annoying that I have to change the font size just to read your posts, then change the size again to read the other posts.
I've pretty much given up, it is too annoying to read.

Forum List

Back