Predictions for 2010

In the siprit of the predictions for 2010, I came up with one I know will come true. That on the main road near my house ADOT (Arizona Department of Transportation) will put up and leave orange traffic cones for a reason only known to them and leave them there. *laughs*

Before we moved into the city, we lived out in a rural area with access via a four lane paved highway extending from the Interstate. During the years we lived out there we twice observed the phenomenon of the lane stripers coming along to lay down fresh new white and yellow lines designating lanes, shoulders, passing zones, etc.

Then one or two weeks later the road crews would arrive to put down a fresh layer of oil, gravel, or asphalt over the fresh paint.

I predict they are still doing that out there.

Here you go Foxfyre, the title of most optimistic conservative on the board. Being an optimist, I expect to recover that later this year.

Ravi will smoke her last Virginia Slim, get down on her knees and thank Anguille profusely for making her realize what a filthy dirty habit it is and then handcuff herself to the main entrance of Philip Morris Headquarters in protest of the tobacco industry.

Ravi will smoke her last Virginia Slim, get down on her knees and thank Anguille profusely for making her realize what a filthy dirty habit it is and then handcuff herself to the main entrance of Philip Morris Headquarters in protest of the tobacco industry.

:smoke:...as long as your saving the world..

I've heard that if you quit smoking you tend to get irritable, Ravi...as far I know, is already there. Have you considered the ramifications of your advise, on the rest of us?

Last edited:

:smoke:...as long as your saving the world..

I've heard that if you quit smoking you tend to get irritable, Ravi...as far I know, is already there. Have you considered the ramifications of your advise, on the rest of us?
:eusa_think:

Predictions for 2010

1. Unemployment drops to 7%

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

4. Republicans pick up seats in the House and Senate but are still a minority

5. Sarah Palin implodes because of a quote she can't take back

6. Kim Jung Il and Castro die. Clinton forges new US relationships with restructured Communist regimes

Let's review Rightwinger's predictions now that we are into February.
1. Unemployment is still near 10%, even on the official figure. The White House is predicting unemployment to continue averaging 10% for the year.
White House predicts unemployment rate to average 10 percent in 2010 - TheHill.com

2. The Dow Jones closed today at 10,144. Nowhere near 12,000 and with high unemployment predicted for the year it's hard to see where buyers will come from

3. Healthcare bill is dying if not dead already. Not enough votes to pass.

4. Too early to tell but Republicans have already busted the fillibuster-proof Senate.

5. Sarah Palin getting good press for speech at Tea Party convention, commanding thousands of dollars for each speech.

6. Kim Jong Il and Castro appear alive and well. Clinton (Bill) appears in more danger of dying than either of them.

We'll keep you updated month by month on Rightwinger's predictions. So far my prediction is that Rightwinger will exit this board after the Nov election in shame.

I predict that every day this year, the year will end in a zero.

I predict that the year will end at midnight of December 31.

I predict that the celebration of the anniversary of American independence (known as Independence Day) will fall on the Fourth of July!

I predict that President Obama will pretend to be seeking bi-partisanship while taking cheap shots at Republicans all year long.

I predict that Vice President Biden will say something enormously stupid but unintentionally funny.

I predict that the GOP will continue to be labeled the "Party of No!" by the liberal Main Stream Media talking heads and journalists. And in relation to that, I predict that many politicians within the GOP will try to avoid appearing to be the naysayers to the Obama Administration agenda. Since they are politicians, they tend to pander and not to be well thought-out. But saying "no" to most of the agenda of the Obama Administration is actually the proper course.

I predict that we are in for a very bad spell in terms of the economy.

I predict the the lamb will lie down with the lion more frequently than the Buffalo Bills will win NFL games.

I predict that Congress will be effectively deadlocked in both houses, but mostly in the Senate.

I predict that every day this year, the year will end in a zero.

I predict that the year will end at midnight of December 31.

I predict that the celebration of the anniversary of American independence (known as Independence Day) will fall on the Fourth of July!

I predict that President Obama will pretend to be seeking bi-partisanship while taking cheap shots at Republicans all year long.

I predict that Vice President Biden will say something enormously stupid but unintentionally funny.

I predict that the GOP will continue to be labeled the "Party of No!" by the liberal Main Stream Media talking heads and journalists. And in relation to that, I predict that many politicians within the GOP will try to avoid appearing to be the naysayers to the Obama Administration agenda. Since they are politicians, they tend to pander and not to be well thought-out. But saying "no" to most of the agenda of the Obama Administration is actually the proper course.

I predict that we are in for a very bad spell in terms of the economy.

I predict the the lamb will lie down with the lion more frequently than the Buffalo Bills will win NFL games.

I predict that Congress will be effectively deadlocked in both houses, but mostly in the Senate.

I predict that you are correct...

2010 will come and pass.
Partisan hacks will still be pointing fingers and hacking.
Government will still be pretty corrupt.
Republicans say Brown is not a real conservative.

I may be wrong about something critical. Although I do see the 'progressives' marching to implement their new society on us all, I'm beginning to wonder if they'll make it. With the sudden 'retirements' of so many prominent radical libs in the last few months, as well as deaths (Kennedy, Murtha, Dodd, Kennedy) will their cadre have enough power to get across the finish line with the political ground collapsing beneath them.

I still do believe that we are going to get nailed with a collapse of the dollar as the debt gets monatized. That is now unavoidable I think. The trigger seems to have been put in place and that's the downgrading of American Credit from AAA to AA. It will only get worse with a default, which is still possible too.

All capital is fleeing for safe harbor. Unfortunatley, as burns America, so does the EU and potentially China and Japan.

Things are happening so fast now, the next 2 months should reveal a LOT of what this country's going to do and become. But for now, I need sleep so,... later. Maybe I'll make more sense in the morning.

Predictions for 2010

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

6. Kim Jung Il and Castro die. Clinton forges new US relationships with restructured Communist regimes

1. Unemployment is still near 10%, even on the official figure. The White House is predicting unemployment to continue averaging 10% for the year.
White House predicts unemployment rate to average 10 percent in 2010 - TheHill.com

2. The Dow Jones closed today at 10,144. Nowhere near 12,000 and with high unemployment predicted for the year it's hard to see where buyers will come from

4. Too early to tell but Republicans have already busted the fillibuster-proof Senate.

5. Sarah Palin getting good press for speech at Tea Party convention, commanding thousands of dollars for each speech.

6. Kim Jong Il and Castro appear alive and well. Clinton (Bill) appears in more danger of dying than either of them.

We'll keep you updated month by month on Rightwinger's predictions. So far my prediction is that Rightwinger will exit this board after the Nov election in shame.

Mid March so time to review.
1) Unemployment still near 10%, with no signs of abating.
2)Dow Jones still around 10,600
3) Health Care on life support, despite illegal and unprecedented maneuvers.
4) Sarah Palin doing just fine.
5) Kim Jong Il and Castro appear healthy enough.

Rabbi: 1 Rightwinger: 0

Predictions for 2010

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

Mid March so time to review.
1) Unemployment still near 10%, with no signs of abating.
2)Dow Jones still around 10,600
3) Health Care on life support, despite illegal and unprecedented maneuvers.
4) Sarah Palin doing just fine.
5) Kim Jong Il and Castro appear healthy enough.

Rabbi: 1 Rightwinger: 0

Thanks for playing..

I stand by my predictions.
- I'm the only one who predicted unemployment would go down (Down .4% this year)
- I'm the only one who predicted the stock market would continue to go up (up 200 points )
- Health care will still go through
- Palin joined Fox and writes crib notes on her hand (LOoking great so far)
- Castro and Il are still on my death list

Let me check yours

Last edited:
Your perception of 3 and 4 is wrong.

Health care is going to pass, probably with a public option.

As far as Palin? Even the GOP thinks she's not qualified for 2012.

Try again.

Posted by Rabbi
Predictions:
Joe Biden will be found dead. But no one will notice.

Ted Kennedy will be found alive. But no one will notice.

The end of the Bush tax cuts and new taxes to pay for health care will wreck the economy, causing a stagflation that will make us wish for the good ole days of Jimmy Carter.

Joe Biden is still alive.....WRONG SO FAR

Ted Kennedy is still dead.....WRONG SO FAR

The end of the Bush tax cuts and new taxes to pay for health care will wreck the economy, causing a stagflation that will make us wish for the good ole days of Jimmy Carter......... Economy is performing well, no stagflation in sight........WRONG SO FAR

Looks like the Rabbi is on an O for 3

Anyone care to check on how Lumpy is doing?

Predictions for 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Double dip recession

2) Unemployment hits 14%

3) Credit Bubble pops

4) Iran tests 1st nuclear weapon

5) Obama's favorable rating hits 19

6) Democrats lose House & Senate

7) Gasoline hits $ 7.00 a gallon

Not even worth an update

Predictions for 2010?

Osama's body will be found, and he won't be alive.

Obama's polling numbers below 30 percent.

Iran is going to launch a missile in spring or summer, with an actual warhead being sent around October/November 2010.

That will start WWIII.

Oh yeah..........the poor and middle class are going to revolt against Wall St., resulting in a major bloodbath and martial law being installed.

Because..........remember...........only 3 more years until the end of the world!

December 21st, 11:00 am EST, 2012.

Osama hasn't been found, but there are doubts as to if he's still alive or not.

Obama did go below 50, but he's on a rebound. Depends on if he passes health care or not.

Iran did launch a missile. It had a turtle, a snake and a rat inside it. Expect warheads to be placed on missiles in the summer.

The poor and middle class are still demonstrating against Wall St and the fat cats.

Yep.....pretty good so far........

1) Double dip recession

2) Unemployment hits 14%

3) Credit Bubble pops

4) Iran tests 1st nuclear weapon

5) Obama's favorable rating hits 19

6) Democrats lose House & Senate

7) Gasoline hits $ 7.00 a gallon

Geez, Lump!!!! Why don't you throw in some deadly tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes??? No, wait. I'm in SoCal. Scratch the quakes. :)

Forum List

Back