Predictions.. 2012 election Cycle

Well.. I think we're there.

The odds of our elected federal representatives passing useful legislation is pretty well kaput....

So.. I'm thinking this election cycle will be the most divisive and low blowing in American history..

I prefer to hope the results of the 2012 election with be a conservative result and a return to sanity..

Oh, Lumpy. Tell me, which conservative result are you hoping for from that motley group of candidates???

With all due respect, Sweets...With Obama's policies it's been all down hill for us private workers.

I'm in the.. anyone but Obama crowd...granted the choices could be better, a lot better:lol:

You must rethink this, Lumpy!!! Even Pat Robertson thinks they're all nuts. And he's a frigging macadamia himself!! :lol:

I seldom see you, so here is some Halloween candy for you a little early. :)

$candy1.jpg

I at elast agree the numbers are meaningless.
The economy will not improve. It would take an act of G-d himself and that won't happen. Europe is about to go down the shitter with the EU dissolving. That will damp demand for some time and cause huge write offs in sovereign and bank debt for banks here. This will make the asset based recession come back again. With inflation rising the Fed will be forced to raise rates or make the US dollar look like the 1920s reichmark.

What is telling about this statement is not the truth of it, but the mindset of some on the far right. You WANT bad things to happen so you can feel vindicated. Which is kind of sad.

Oh, Lumpy. Tell me, which conservative result are you hoping for from that motley group of candidates???

With all due respect, Sweets...With Obama's policies it's been all down hill for us private workers.

I'm in the.. anyone but Obama crowd...granted the choices could be better, a lot better:lol:

You must rethink this, Lumpy!!! Even Pat Robertson thinks they're all nuts. And he's a frigging macadamia himself!! :lol:

I seldom see you, so here is some Halloween candy for you a little early. :)

View attachment 15843

Sweeet.. Sweet Darlin...:D

You can try passing the Obama "Dead Cat" bounce off all day... but his job growth numbers are abysmal, and under normal circumstances, would lead to a one term presidency.

Your only saving grace is that the GOP establishment seems to want to foist an unelectable candidate on the population.

It's kind of like being in the Special Olympics, as the president once opined.

You can try passing the Obama "Dead Cat" bounce off all day... but his job growth numbers are abysmal, and under normal circumstances, would lead to a one term presidency.

Your only saving grace is that the GOP establishment seems to want to foist an unelectable candidate on the population.

The Stimulus was an attempt to prime the economic pump at a time nobody was putting money into the economy. It was supposed to reverse the economic panic and let the private sector do the rest

The private sector is the one that has languished below expectations

The Stimulus was an attempt to prime the economic pump at a time nobody was putting money into the economy. It was supposed to reverse the economic panic and let the private sector do the rest

And it failed, miserably.

Because that never works. Giving someone a job for the sake of giving him a job is a waste of money. But this is what Democrats do, which is why you go to any government run operation, and you have six people standing around doing nothing while you wait in a line.

So, yeah, the stimulus created jobs, at the cost of $298,000 for every job created.

Because that never works. Giving someone a job for the sake of giving him a job is a waste of money. But this is what Democrats do, which is why you go to any government run operation, and you have six people standing around doing nothing while you wait in a line.

So, yeah, the stimulus created jobs, at the cost of $298,000 for every job created.

The stimulus wasn't just about jobs, it was about tax cuts. You remember that....the bone Obama threw to Republicans. 40% of the stimulus went to tax cuts and we all know what a good job tax cuts do at creating jobs

The stimulus wasn't just about jobs, it was about tax cuts. You remember that....the bone Obama threw to Republicans. 40% of the stimulus went to tax cuts and we all know what a good job tax cuts do at creating jobs

Well, that was probably a bad idea, as well.

You have to keep in mind what happened. Companies cut out the dead wood, or they got rid of more expensive employees to bring in cheaper ones. Tax cuts weren't going to change that equation, so I'm not sure why he proposed it.

Neither was spending, for that matter. Yeah, he kept the states from firing the dead wood employees, for a while, but they are starting to fire them now. Unless of course, they are union members, and they keep the dead wood and fire the new guy with no seniority.

Well, that was probably a bad idea, as well.

You have to keep in mind what happened. Companies cut out the dead wood, or they got rid of more expensive employees to bring in cheaper ones. Tax cuts weren't going to change that equation, so I'm not sure why he proposed it.

Neither was spending, for that matter. Yeah, he kept the states from firing the dead wood employees, for a while, but they are starting to fire them now. Unless of course, they are union members, and they keep the dead wood and fire the new guy with no seniority.

This is the cry of the Left: The stimulus didnt work because 40% of it was for tax cuts. Ergo tax cuts don't work.
It is bullshit. The "tax cuts" were targeted temporary cuts that rewarded narrow sectors of the economy and were not designed to change anyone's behavior. They were not included to appease the GOP because they didnt need any GOP votes to pass.
It is an utter fail of an argument.
To see what actual tax cuts at the margin do, refer to Kennedy in 1961, Reagan in 1982 and Bush in 2001.

If you run Cain, I'd nearly put money on it that Obama will WIN big time. Possibly 400 elv.

I'd run Newt or Paul if you want a conservative that maybe able to win...Otherwise Romney as a moderate.

Cain is turning out to be PURE shit when it comes to explaining any idea. His 9, 9, 9 has become 9, 0, 9 or worst.

If you run President Obama, ANYBODY else will win.

You lib tools STILL haven't figured out that the man is now Electoral Poison?

Too funny.

Keep up the good work!

:thup:

If you run Cain, I'd nearly put money on it that Obama will WIN big time. Possibly 400 elv.

I'd run Newt or Paul if you want a conservative that maybe able to win...Otherwise Romney as a moderate.

Cain is turning out to be PURE shit when it comes to explaining any idea. His 9, 9, 9 has become 9, 0, 9 or worst.

Too funny.

Keep up the good work!

True.
Every candidate backed by Obama has lost. He himself has high negatives, and that's just what people tell pollsters. I would bet his true negatives are even higher. Donald Trump could beat this guy.

It appears that Democrats taking over Congress certainly had a dismal effect on this chart...

I'd say voting them into such power backfired...

Too funny.

Keep up the good work!

True.
Every candidate backed by Obama has lost. He himself has high negatives, and that's just what people tell pollsters. I would bet his true negatives are even higher. Donald Trump could beat this guy.

Perry can't beat Obama

Too funny.

Keep up the good work!

True.

Perry can't beat Obama

Perry's dog could beat Obama.

Perry's dog could beat Obama.

Perrys dog would do better in the debates

Than Obama? Absolutely. And Perry's dog doesn't have an indefensible record. Thanks for pointing that out.

Bet you are regretting jumping on the Perry bandwagon so quick. The guy really is turning out to be a dog

Like I have been telling you for a year.....Romney is your only credible candidate

Might as well face the inevitable

Too funny.

Keep up the good work!

with Liability.. not.. in Obama's corner ... Obama is sure to lose...:thup:

Forum List

Back