Preakness Stakes On Saturday, California Chrome Will Shine!

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
This Saturday is the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico.

California Chrome, the bargain basement 3-year-old California-bred, is the favorite, and my money is on Cal Chrome to win by 5 lengths.

It's time to break the 36 year Triple Crown drought!

Last edited:
OK, so Cali Chrome didn't win by 5 lengths. He won by about 2 lengths, and in a very respectable time.

Now on to the last leg of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes, where the 2nd-3rd-4th and 5th place Kentucky Derby finishers will be well-rested, after skipping the Preakness, and waiting to challenge the big horse from California.

But, the "sport of kings" really doesn't matter in today's "progressive" sports world.

There are more important "sports" to talk about in this forum, like openly homosexual football players, drunk NFL owners, and the NFL meat market, er, draft.

GOOD LUCK TO CALIFORNIA CHROME, and may he win the Triple Crown like his great-great-great granddaddy, Secretariat, did in 1973.

Last edited:
Exaggerator wins Preakness Stakes...

Triple Crown dream dashed as Exaggerator wins Preakness Stakes
Sun, 22 May 2016 - Exaggerator wins the Preakness Stakes in Baltimore, shattering the dream of a US Triple Crown for Nyquist.
Exaggerator has won the Preakness Stakes in Baltimore, shattering the dream of a US Triple Crown for Nyquist, which could only finish third. Nyquist had won an emphatic victory in the first race in the series, the 142nd Kentucky Derby. But Exaggerator, ridden by Kent Desormeaux, produced a masterful display on a sodden course to overhaul the favourite on the home straight. The third Triple Crown race, the Belmont Stakes, is on 11 June. "I had a dream trip today,'' jockey Desormeaux said. "It was an amazing race and Exaggerator is an amazing horse.''

It was Nyquist's first taste of defeat after eight wins in a row. The colt led the race from the start at Pimlico Race Course but faltered near the line and eventually finished third behind Cherry Wine. Nyquist's trainer Doug O'Neill would not confirm if Nyquist would run in the Belmont Stakes next month. "I didn't think we could get beat to be honest with you. Nyquist is such an amazing horse. He still ran a great race," he said.

Mr O'Neill and Nyquist's rider Mario Gutierrez were having their second shot at a Triple Crown having missed out in May 2012 I'll Have Another won the first two races but was scratched from the final leg at Belmont due to a tendon injury. American Pharoah became the first horse to win the US Triple Crown for 37 years in June 2015. Twelve horses have secured the prestigious treble, since it was first achieved in 1919 by Sir Barton.

Triple Crown dream dashed as Exaggerator wins Preakness Stakes

See also:

Winner of 1st race on Preakness day collapses, dies
May 21, 2016 — In a tragic start to Preakness day, the winner of the first race at Pimlico Race Course has died on his walk back to the barn.
Homeboykris had rallied to win the race by a half-length on a rainy Saturday. But after having his picture taken in the winner's circle, he collapsed and died. Track officials believe the 9-year-old gelding suffered cardiovascular collapse. The horse will be taken to New Bolton Center in Pennsylvania for an autopsy.

4eff3c2cab9e4c6fb3c3ac6ec7841c4e.jpg

Homeboykris ridden by Horacio Karamanos wins the first race of the day ahead of the 141st Preakness Stakes horse race at Pimlico Race Course​

Homeboykris won the Champagne Stakes in 2009, and a year later finished 16th in the Kentucky Derby. He had just won his 14th race in 63 career starts. Later Saturday, Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist will take on 10 rivals in the Preakness Stakes.

Winner of 1st race on Preakness day collapses, dies

Related:

2 horses die in first 4 races on Preakness Day undercard
May 21, 2016 - Ten years after Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro broke down at the start of the Preakness, the owners of the ill-fated colt have had another horse die on a damp, rainy Saturday at Pimlico Race Course.
In a tragic start to Preakness day, two horses died and a jockey broke his collarbone in the first four races. Pramedya broke down around the turn in the fourth race, tumbled to the turf as jockey Daniel Centeno was thrown to the ground. Pimlico racing officials said the 4-year-old filly owned by Roy and Gretchen Jackson's Lael Stables was euthanized on the track after breaking her left front cannon bone.

In 2006, Barbaro shattered bones in his right hind leg just after the start of the Preakness, survived surgery but developed laminitis and was euthanized in January, 2007. Pramedya was bred and owned by the Jacksons. Centeno was driven off in ambulance. Officials said he broke his right collarbone.

694940094001_4905475783001_yuf.jpg

In the opening race, Homeboykris collapsed and died after his victory and having his picture taken in the winner's circle. Track officials believe the 9-year-old gelding suffered cardiovascular collapse. The horse is being taken to New Bolton Center in Pennsylvania for an autopsy. It's the same animal hospital Barbaro was taken to after his injuries.

Homeboykris won the Champagne Stakes in 2009, and a year later finished 16th in the Kentucky Derby. He had just won his 14th race in 63 career starts. Later Saturday, Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist takes on 10 rivals in the Preakness Stakes.

2 horses die in first 4 races on Preakness Day undercard | Fox News

Last edited:
speaking of california, I LOVE LA.

Had to post that video there since it is a dream come true for me,as my sig shows,I have been on top of this the last two years and been obsessed with it that long.lol

Forum List

Back