Power Slap- the new American Pasttime?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
I missed opening day this week, but this is what I call a great new sport for kids to be involved in since football is considered so dangerous nowadays and parents are skittish about it.

This is just the competitors slapping each other, should be great viewing.

Did anyone on this board see it?

Meh, it's been a thing in Russia for years.

Slapping-Competition-In-Russia-15.gif

Crazy Slapping Competition In Russia - Barnorama

They can stop trying now. The dumbest thing possible has become entertainment. Nobody will ever come up with anything dumber..

They can stop trying now. The dumbest thing possible has become entertainment. Nobody will ever come up with anything dumber..

Don't challenge them Bulldog..............there is someone out there who very well might say "challenge accepted" to your post.

My previous post might not be accurate. My MAGA brother in law just asked me to hold his beer.

See? There is someone working on it as we speak...............

If you hit someone with the heel of your palm it's gonna be like punching someone.

Only if you do it with a straight arm punch. If you were to use a slapping motion (similar to a roundhouse action), you will hurt, possibly sprain or break, your wrist.

And.................according to the rules of power slap, using the heel of your palm is not allowed...........

Rules[edit]​

The sport, which has been licensed by Nevada State Athletic Commission, uses rules established by other slap fighting leagues. After a coin toss to decide who goes first, the first striker has a time limit of 30 seconds to deliver an open-handed slap to the opponent. Slaps must be below the eye but above the chin, without leading with the palm such that all hand to face contact takes place at the same time. Those being slapped may not flinch, raise their shoulder or tuck in their chins. After being slapped, the slapped competitor then has 30 seconds to recover and get back into position before it's their turn to slap. Fights which don't end in a knock out and go three rounds go to a judges' decision, using a 10 point system.[4]

(Yeah..............I know.............sounded so ridiculous that I had to look it up myself..........)

Last edited:
I missed opening day this week, but this is what I call a great new sport for kids to be involved in since football is considered so dangerous nowadays and parents are skittish about it.

This is just the competitors slapping each other, should be great viewing.

Did anyone on this board see it?

I wonder if Will Smith will become a competitor?

Forum List

Back