Powell’s 8-Minute Speech Erases $78 Billion From Richest Americans

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I don't even want to look at my own accts, I know I've lost a ton. Thanks Biden.

(Bloomberg) -- In the span of just eight minutes, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell sparked a market rout that slashed the fortunes of America’s richest people by $78 billion. Elon Musk’s saw $5.5 billion erased from his wealth. Jeff Bezos lost $6.8 billion, the most of anyone on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The fortunes of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett declined by $2.2 billion and $2.7 billion, respectively, while Sergey Brin’s was knocked below $100 billion.

I don't even want to look at my own accts, I know I've lost a ton. Thanks Biden.

LOL! So what? Stocks go up..stocks go down, only the short term investor and speculators out there on margins leveraged to the hilt--get badly hurt.
IMO the Fed did the right thing--for the long-term health of the economy--that's their job~

All those scary numbers mean shyte really, who thinks that all those mentioned won't be richer 5 years from now. Now the little guy? well..is interesting how fast 'the great resignation' will go away as the bills pile-up!

I'm waiting to see what Mr. Beeks says about the FL orange crop report. ;)

OIP.FouGtFF1TTE_8Tjx08VHkwHaEI

(Bloomberg) -- In the span of just eight minutes, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell sparked a market rout that slashed the fortunes of America’s richest people by $78 billion

Yea...breaking my heart

And after the market comes back up these richest people are you so very worried about will be even richer as they are the ones buying up all the stocks at the bargain prices when people like you flee the market yet again

Are you rich?

What is the definition of rich in 2022? Someone with a million or more in assets? If so, then I'm rich. The truth is however, that it's likely not enough unless you have at least a couple million when you retire if you expect to live 25 years.
So the bottom line today with how shaky the foundations are in America, I wouldn't bet your life on it. Probably best to just keep working if you can.

Forum List

Back