Powell tells Republicans to "stop shouting at the world."

Yes! that's the ticket,, we should all act like obamalama and his buddy the Gov. yep,, that's the ticket all right.

Powell said, "There is nothing wrong with being conservative." Does he not know that Bush is a Neoconservative which is nothing like conservativism??? He's never been too bright.

Powell said, "There is nothing wrong with being conservative." Does he not know that Bush is a Neoconservative which is nothing like conservativism??? He's never been too bright.

I always admired Powell, Had he run for President, I would be standing proud right now! I disagree with him about this,, it smacks of palying to an audience, instead of to all the people.

Gen.Powell is one of the brightest Generals and still imo one of the best picks GWB made for his admin.. If the republican party wishes to remain relevant they should heed the warnings of Powell.

Colin at it again I see.

BTW, Powell wanted to mkae that famous UN speech, he was not 'hoodwinked' into it, he disavowed it years later after he was proven wrong.

Ol Colin has trouble taking responsibility for his own actions, he was hip deep in wanting to take out Saddam, and claimed it was 'the right thing' as late as 2006.

Phoney, thy name is powell.

The Republicans need to get busy with their Spanish lessons! Show a little kissing up..

"I think the party has to stop shouting at the world and at the country,"Powell said. "I think that the party has to take a hard look at itself, and I've talked to a number of leaders in recent weeks and they understand that." Powell, who says he still considers himself a Republican, said his party should also stop listening to conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

"Can we continue to listen to Rush Limbaugh?" Powell asked. "Is this really the kind of party that we want to be when these kinds of spokespersons seem to appeal to our lesser instincts rather than our better instincts?"

Why dont you guys just run Lush Limpballs for president next time?

Gen.Powell is one of the brightest Generals and still imo one of the best picks GWB made for his admin.. If the republican party wishes to remain relevant they should heed the warnings of Powell.

nope nope nope nope... I think they should do exactly what the wingnuts say... that way they won't be a problem for a very long time. :eusa_whistle:

Jillians right. If the extremists are not listened to, the GOP or Conservatives (whatever the hell that means) will not be a problem. Of course, America will be a second if not third world country thanks to the other end of the spectrum extremists that are being listened to.

If he is one of the brighest generals and best picks of GWB, you would think he would have realized then rather than years later that the President was supposedly "lying" about Iraq.

The President wasnt lying. Neither was Powell at the time. But now rather than stand by the truth, he is trying to cover his butt because his decision was unpopular.

I dont care how much the world praises him. I dont see any reason to respect someone who doesnt stick by their guns.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Colin at it again I see.

BTW, Powell wanted to mkae that famous UN speech, he was not 'hoodwinked' into it, he disavowed it years later after he was proven wrong.

Ol Colin has trouble taking responsibility for his own actions, he was hip deep in wanting to take out Saddam, and claimed it was 'the right thing' as late as 2006.

Phoney, thy name is powell.

ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Dollars to pesos, Mr. Powell is getting ready for a run at the presidency in 2012.

If he had resigned during the runup to the war and just laid low until the public got sick of the war, he could have been seen as a visionary and an honest man, a return to the relative sanity of Bush I without being seen as a peacenik either. Then from 2006 on, he could have surfaced again, criticizing the Bush administration's recklessness and huge spending ways. He could have criticized military budgets without setting off people's hippy alarms. He could have run in 2008 and steamrolled Obama.

But he had to go and make that speech. And stay on board in the Bush administration for a while. So he was/is tainted, but lucky for him, the american people have a short memory span, and respond to symbolism over substance. Why, just look how...presidential he looks, after all! So for the next couple of years, he pops up here and there, making speeches with the aid of an image consultant and a speechwriter.

Either that or he's angling for a job in the Obama administration.

Aside from telling the Republican Party to grow the fuck it, I don't what see the problem is.

The Republican party is currently the party of people like Willow.

Powell would like to change that.

I don't think the GOP is ready to change, yet.

Why dont you guys just run Lush Limpballs for president next time?

I think if the hard line republican think they need to return to the "conservatism" they are claiming, then they should run Rush (Rx) Limbaugh for President.

The only problem I see is how Rush will be able to line up Doctors in all 50 states that will sell him drugs without a prescription. That would be the challenge IMHO.

Seriously I hope, the GOP will take to heart what Powell is saying. If they don't they may be as seriously in trouble as the GM appears to be at this moment.

Aside from telling the Republican Party to grow the fuck it, I don't what see the problem is.

The Republican party is currently the party of people like Willow.

Powell would like to change that.

I don't think the GOP is ready to change, yet.

what do you want from me? I've signed up for my Spanish lessons. Comprende?

Powell should stop the dog and pony show and get completely over to the left where he belongs. He is not a republican, he does not represent conservative values. He is doing nothing but spewing political propaganda.

Bush and the republican lawmakers did everything but follow a solid conservative agenda. The outcome makes that clear. They all need to go.

Forum List

Back