Post deletion tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
If someones post gets deleted in a zone 2 forum, there should be a link to that post and the moderator who deleted it. Having your post deleted and not having any clue as to what post it was, or who deleted it, does not solve the problem. It just exacerbates it. For me personally, I would like to know what the post that was deleted said and the mod who deleted it. At the very minimum, I could see what to avoid. At the very best, there would be a vehicle to challenge the mod in a PM if you disagreed with the deletion.

When mods are wrong, there should be an avenue of discourse for the poster to follow.

Having your post deleted and not having any clue as to what post it was, or who deleted it, does not solve the problem. It just exacerbates it.

Keeping your posts civil will solve that problem.

If someones post gets deleted in a zone 2 forum, there should be a link to that post and the moderator who deleted it. Having your post deleted and not having any clue as to what post it was, or who deleted it, does not solve the problem. It just exacerbates it. For me personally, I would like to know what the post that was deleted said and the mod who deleted it. At the very minimum, I could see what to avoid. At the very best, there would be a vehicle to challenge the mod in a PM if you disagreed with the deletion.

When mods are wrong, there should be an avenue of discourse for the poster to follow.
th

(in before the lock).

My posts are in proportion to the post I'm responding to.

Being uncivil does not mean you are off topic.

Do you think genocide is okay, as long as you are polite about it?

You can be civil and yet the things you say could be vulgar.

My posts are in proportion to the post I'm responding to.

Being uncivil does not mean you are off topic.

Do you think genocide is okay, as long as you are polite about it?

You can be civil and yet the things you say could be vulgar.
I feel like the mods here are like the fcc. They used to fine Howard stern for indecency but they couldn’t tell him exactly what line he crossed. The fcc once told him, “ sometimes you can’t define it but you know it when you see it”

I think that’s wrong but this isn’t my site. So I’ll try to be civil even though it often gets uncivil and no one seems to being punished. Then I say the wrong thing in someone else’s mind, I don’t know exactly what it is. All I know is now I’m on the radar and being told to be civil and stay on topic.

But I’m dealing with a jerk. Are they monitoring him? Did we both get banned for a week?

Yea I wish I knew exactly what I said so I don’t say it again.

They should have a deleted posts section so you can see what you said. I don’t want to be banned. It sucks. I miss you guys

You should be getting post deletion alerts. Most mods use these and most of us put in an explanation for the deletion. It may not be specific to your post if we're deleting 12 or 16 at a time.

Just contact any one of us with the thread link and approx location. We'll do this for you if it's not a chronic need. That's the avenue. I think you know that. Contact 2 at time if ya want and bring a lawyer. We don't care.

I feel like the mods here are like the fcc. They used to fine Howard stern for indecency but they couldn’t tell him exactly what line he crossed. The fcc once told him, “ sometimes you can’t define it but you know it when you see it”

Then you're not seeing the bigger picture. We don't JUDGE CONTENT in any shape or form comparable to the FCC. The only tool we REALLY USE (other than a few obvious prohibitions in the Site Wide Rules) is whether a post RESPECTS the topic in Zone2 and 3. We only look for TOPICAL CONTENT.

Now in Zone1 -- we DO enforce Civility to some degree. But a very small percentage of moderation is done in Zone1..

I'm sure you probably think that.
I'm sure I do. But that doesn't solve the problem. When a post is deleted, I have no clue what that post was. And if I don't know who was the mod that deleted it, I can't address the problem.

Now you can.. Go my child and sin no more. You got all the names of the Active mods on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back