Getting spammed with Alerts

AvgGuyIA

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2010
Davenport, IA
i logged on today and found I had 22 alerts. Thinking , "wow, people really like me" I discovered that instead of being taken to my post, I was taken to random posts made by other members. I looked to see if I was tagged, but wasn't. What happened? Is this a setting I need to turn off? How? Please tag me with @ AvgGuyIA if you know how I stop this. Thanks.

Well, that's weird. I guess go in your Profile and check your Alert settings.

i logged on today and found I had 22 alerts. Thinking , "wow, people really like me" I discovered that instead of being taken to my post, I was taken to random posts made by other members. I looked to see if I was tagged, but wasn't. What happened? Is this a setting I need to turn off? How? Please tag me with @ AvgGuyIA if you know how I stop this. Thanks.
That happens to me all the time, I just don't worry about it. Why just the other day I had an alert that said Timmy liked one of my posts, but it was fake news!

This happened to me last year, I think I fixed it by turning off all my Alerts and then waiting for an hour and then putting my Alerts on again.

That happens to me all the time, I just don't worry about it. Why just the other day I had an alert that said Timmy liked one of my posts, but it was fake news!

LOL

Lassie did it.

One time last year I was PMd by a SpamBot, not sure how that happened but it did and I was like WTF?!

One time last year I was PMd by a SpamBot, not sure how that happened but it did and I was like WTF?!

Oh they can do miracles! That's why we chase them down constantly. :10:

"I discovered that instead of being taken to my post, I was taken to random posts made by other members."

What if all those Alerts directed you to posts from the Chinese SpamBots what would happen? :popcorn:

"I discovered that instead of being taken to my post, I was taken to random posts made by other members."

What if all those Alerts directed you to posts from the Chinese SpamBots what would happen? :popcorn:

Chop Suey?

I get alerts when someone posts on a thread that I have posted on. Also, when people quote my post repeatedly and to the extent that you can't even see my post.

I get alerts when someone posts on a thread that I have posted on. Also, when people quote my post repeatedly and to the extent that you can't even see my post.
Is this something you wanted to occur? Did you turn it on? How?

Forum List

Back