Post Convention Bounce

He's apologizing for apologizing...meanwhile Hillary continues to apologize.

It would be funny if people weren't dying.

So much for that 6 point bounce.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows President Obama attracting support from 46% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns 45% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

The president received a modest convention bounce, but that's now gone. On the day the conventions began, Obama was up by two points. Now the numbers are essentially back to that starting point with the president leading by a point........"

The debates in October, will define the outcome of the election. One a week with O. and R. and one with Biden and Ryan.

RCP avg... obama 48.6 romney 45

RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls

but thanks for relying on the one poll you like. :thup:

Hmmmmm, seeing as how you started this thread, I shouldn't have to point out to you that you never specified in the OP which polls you liked that we had to adhere to. Perhaps you should set your conditions up front next time. I wasn't relying on the poll I liked, I was posting the most recent poll I've seen and like others, it is a dead heat.

Report in pm, remember? In other words, you're violating the rules.

Apology. If you can't be honest, perhaps you shouldn't be here:

"
The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others"

Press Release | Embassy of the United States

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows President Obama attracting support from 46% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns 45% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

The president received a modest convention bounce, but that's now gone. On the day the conventions began, Obama was up by two points. Now the numbers are essentially back to that starting point with the president leading by a point........"

The debates in October, will define the outcome of the election. One a week with O. and R. and one with Biden and Ryan.

Yep. If Obama continues to blame Bush for the mess he inherited (and has owned himself now for almost 4 years) and continues to say it was harder than he first thought (in over his head) and attacks Romney for being successful as a businessman, I predict it won't go well for him. Biden......he should just forfeit before it even happens. That debate will not be pretty.

Last edited:

Hmmmmm, seeing as how you started this thread, I shouldn't have to point out to you that you never specified in the OP which polls you liked that we had to adhere to. Perhaps you should set your conditions up front next time. I wasn't relying on the poll I liked, I was posting the most recent poll I've seen and like others, it is a dead heat.

actually, i have specified what i "like"...and that's the RPC average because it tends to be most accurate.

i wasn't setting conditions and didn't say 'don't post the poll'... but people on the right always use rasmussen. there's a reason for that.

however, if you rely on data, we have the right to comment on it. *shrug*

Report in pm, remember? In other words, you're violating the rules.

Apology. If you can't be honest, perhaps you shouldn't be here:

"
The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others"

Press Release | Embassy of the United States

my point allie, was that this is supposed to be more civilized discussion and not the usual... you suck, no you suck... that goes on in the other forums.

who reported you? publicly or otherwise?

moreover, if you were actually concerned with facts, you'd know that statement from the embassy came out BEFORE the attack

you know... they had their glen beck/rush limbaugh types riling up the crowd... tellng them that the US put out that film... it was the job of the embassy to try to quiet things.

but it was in advance of the attack.

and it wasn't a statement by the president in relation to the attack or anything else.

which is why i said that saying he 'apologized' is not honest.

Yep. If Obama continues to blame Bush for the mess he inherited (and has owned himself now for almost 4 years) and continues to say it was harder than he first thought (in over his head) and attacks Romney for being successful as a businessman, I predict it won't go well for him. Biden......he should just forfeit before it even happens. That debate will not be pretty.

Rasmussen, who successfully called the `08 election results, has just reported today, that Obama is at 46 and Romney at 45.

Both sides have reason to be nervous....

It doesn't matter when the apology came out as it relates to the death, it was an apology to Muslims, on 911, and a chastisement of Americans for exercising free speech.

I wasn't dishonest at all. The apology itself, whenever it occurred, is repugnant, for the reasons I mentioned. He is apologizing to a hostile group that historically violates human rights not only of their own people, but others, for the fact that we have free speech. And he dares to castigate Americans for exercising that right.

It's disgusting. And obviously, did nothing except exacerbate the problem.

Rasmussen, who successfully called the `08 election results, has just reported today, that Obama is at 46 and Romney at 45.

Both sides have reason to be nervous....

Buh Bye So-Called Bounce

Walking Back the Cairo Apology

The Obama administration is attempting to walk back the damage done by the apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo for criticisms of Islam made by American citizens. In the wake of condemnations of the embassy’s shocking statement, which seemed to justify the violence that was directed at the United States, administration officials have now said the apology was not vetted by Washington.

Responding perhaps to Mitt Romney’s outrage about the apology, last night Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued her own statement in which she also condemned critics of Islam but added, “There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.” But with the attacks on posts in both Libya and Cairo now having left four Americans dead and with anti-U.S. rioters acting with impunity, the problem here is bigger than one retracted apology.
Walking Back the Cairo Apology « Commentary Magazine
Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack?

CBS News) After a massive crowd of angry Egyptians began amassing outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, furious over an anti-Muslim film produced in the U.S., the embassy there released a statement saying it did not support any anti-religious efforts.

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the statement began.

Conservatives have pounced on the statement, calling it an "apology," and the White House responded by saying it had not approved the statement before its release. Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Radicals attack US embassy, Obama apologizes. Will Romney speak out? (UPDATE: Romney speaks out)

Here is the statement released Tuesday by the U.S. embassy, in its entirety:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

Radicals attack US embassy, Obama apologizes. Will Romney speak out? (UPDATE: Romney speaks out) | WashingtonExaminer.com

Posters can judge if there was an apology, when it took place and if the White House denied it was such.

actually, i have specified what i "like"...and that's the RPC average because it tends to be most accurate.

i wasn't setting conditions and didn't say 'don't post the poll'... but people on the right always use rasmussen. there's a reason for that.

You do of course realize that RCP averages polls and many of the polls are organizations that are left leaning don't you? You do realize that it will translate into a higher liberal bent average don't you? I didn't pick Rasmussen because I'm conservative. I simply posted a story I came across that said the bounce was gone. I do believe that different organizations polling does indeed reflect their bias and since there are more liberal leaning organizations than conservative, the averages will reflect that. The tale will be told in the actual election.

I'll also point you back to a link I posted earlier from a 2008 article ranking the most accurate polls in 2008. Rasmussen and Pew tied as polling the closest to what actually happened.

The List: Which presidential polls were most accurate? | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

And here is the apology for the apology on 911:

"
The White House is disavowing a statement from their own Cairo embassy that apologized for anti-Muslim activity in the United States.
“The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government,” a senior administration official told POLITICO…
“Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. "

You note that although they apologize, they go right back to saying some have said it's a response to "inflammatory material" and they go on to deplore such material...in other words, apologizing for it.

Senior administration official: The Cairo embassy’s statement does not reflect the view of the U.S. government; Update: Romney calls embassy statement “disgraceful” « Hot Air

People get that feel good feeling when obama speaks, but when the speech is over and the crowds are gone and left too themselves reality sets back in, like when they go buy gas, pay a bill and the money is not in their checking account because they are unemployed, buying groceries. That's when they should be polled to see if obama has a true bounce or a fairy-tail feel good feeling bounce.

When the embassy in Cairo was attacked, obama did not order increase in security for other embassies in muslim controlled war zones. That was his fatal mistake. That should have been done immediately. But obama was preoccupied. He was preoccupied today when he spit out his mush then got on a plane to Las Vegas. He thought that an apology from the state department for an act taken by individuals would be enough. When it got a backlash, he walked it back.

This is the exact same thing that was done during the DNC convention when they omitted God from the platform, got backlash and tried to walk that one back too. It's the same thing.

You do of course realize that RCP averages polls and many of the polls are organizations that are left leaning don't you? You do realize that it will translate into a higher liberal bent average don't you? I didn't pick Rasmussen because I'm conservative. I simply posted a story I came across that said the bounce was gone. I do believe that different organizations polling does indeed reflect their bias and since there are more liberal leaning organizations than conservative, the averages will reflect that. The tale will be told in the actual election.

I'll also point you back to a link I posted earlier from a 2008 article ranking the most accurate polls in 2008. Rasmussen and Pew tied as polling the closest to what actually happened.

The List: Which presidential polls were most accurate? | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

yes, i know that rasmussen proponents like talking about 2008/

but in 2010:

Every election cycle has its winners and losers: not just the among the candidates, but also the pollsters.

On Tuesday, polls conducted by the firm Rasmussen Reports — which released more than 100 surveys in the final three weeks of the campaign, including some commissioned under a subsidiary on behalf of Fox News — badly missed the margin in many states, and also exhibited a considerable bias toward Republican candidates.

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

Forum List

Back