Positive News Challenge

Got one: This Incredible Woman Has Adopted 35 Unwanted Children, Including 26 With Special Needs

This Incredible Woman Has Adopted 35 Unwanted Children, Including 26 With Special Needs
d2kw8-woman-adopts-kids-special-needs-35-1.jpg

Christie Jameson and her husband Alva had two children of their own, but felt they had room in their home and their hearts for several more children, so they began to adopt.

One child led to two, then five, then 10, then 20.

Over three decades, the Jamesons adopted 35 children in all — 26 of them with special needs.

Onyx always gets flustered when the truth come out about nature.

anyone that chooses to make negative comments in a 'positive' thread are first re-directed to post a positive, in keeping with the threads purpose. Then they are ignored......to either go away or come up with a positive to share...and if neither of those work, they'll either be called out in FZ to face public humiliation or reported to the mods, or both. Just don't mess with the old lady....:lmao: (I'll always be nice, until I can't be nice anymore)

upload_2016-12-5_9-42-19.png

That old lady doesn't look too positive. No comments about the other old lady raising 26 disabled kids eh? Well here's something you might want to focus on instead:

A Lowe's In Texas Hired A Disabled Veteran AND His Service Dog

A Lowe's home improvement store in Abilene, Texas is warming hearts across the nation with its decision to hire its latest two employees: a disabled veteran and his service dog....Jay Fellers, human resources manager at the Lowe's, in Abilene, said the two were the best pair for the job.

We went through the interview process, and Clay and his own merit won the job," Fellers told KIDY. "And we knew he was gonna make a great employee— we just got the benefit of getting Charlotte right along with him."...A photo of Luthy and Charlotte in their red Lowe's vests has gone viral on Facebook, garnering about 136,000 likes since being posted by an Abiliene Lowe's customer on Tuesday.

I would definitely shop at a store with a dog-employee! I would imagine that some people would go out of their way just to shop there because kind, friendly dogs make people gravitate to them. Excellent marketing ploy too.

That old lady doesn't look too positive. No comments about the other old lady raising 26 disabled kids eh? Well here's something you might want to focus on instead:

A Lowe's home improvement store in Abilene, Texas is warming hearts across the nation with its decision to hire its latest two employees: a disabled veteran and his service dog....Jay Fellers, human resources manager at the Lowe's, in Abilene, said the two were the best pair for the job.

We went through the interview process, and Clay and his own merit won the job," Fellers told KIDY. "And we knew he was gonna make a great employee— we just got the benefit of getting Charlotte right along with him."...A photo of Luthy and Charlotte in their red Lowe's vests has gone viral on Facebook, garnering about 136,000 likes since being posted by an Abiliene Lowe's customer on Tuesday.

I would definitely shop at a store with a dog-employee! I would imagine that some people would go out of their way just to shop there because kind, friendly dogs make people gravitate to them. Excellent marketing ploy too.

Whether I comment or not, I still appreciate the content and thanks are given. The woman with the children is truly a Saint to have opened her home & her heart to what society sees as throw away kids. It is truly an inspiring story and thank you for sharing it. :)

And whether a marketing ploy or not, I congratulate Lowes for their actions. First & foremost that they hired a disabled vet, the service dog is like the cherry on top, a 2-fer. :clap2:

Can you tell I have a soft spot for the disadvantaged underdog? (no pun intended) :)

btw....my post of the old woman may not seem positive, but if you think about it...it is. She is supposed to be around 106yo and looks in relatively good health for her age, that alone is quite a feat.

On a more personal note.........I and my 17yo son stopped at a local grocery store for a few things when a lady who was riding an electric chair/cart had accidentally knocked over a small display stand with a loud crash holding small plastic tubs that scattered everywhere. Another grown woman had passed by clearly annoyed at the scene and rushed to get in the checkout line. Just as I was about to suggest we help her, 17yo jumped to the rescue by resetting the display, picking up all the scattered tubs & refilling the display as both I and the disabled woman looked on in surprise. The woman thanked him, then asked if he would mind helping her to reach an item from the top shelf, which he did.

Needless to say I was rather proud of him. :banana:

Hi again. OK, a more personal note to do with stores too. A clerk and her brother a week or so ago took time out late after work at a store in a nearby town because a homeless woman living in her car had locked her keys inside. They stayed with her for over an hour late into the night trying to get into her car with no luck. It was pouring rain the entire time.

When they had to call a tow truck with the expertise, the woman's insurance didn't cover it. So the brother payed $100 to get the woman inside her car. His sister let her sit inside her own car keeping her company and her spirits up until the locked car was open. Another clerk stayed with them to help chat along. The homeless woman's dog was also trapped in the car.

The homeless woman looked newly homeless, well kept and even prepping for job interviews while living out of her car. She was showering at a public pool & gym. All wished her well. I've had to live in my car a couple of times too. Not fun. Glad to see these hard working, low paid folks helping out those even less fortunate than themselves.

Anonymous Man Walks Into A School And Pays Off All Overdue Lunch Balances

Anonymous Man Walks Into A School And Pays Off All Overdue Lunch Balances
Nearly half the kids at H.W. Good Elementary are from financially struggling families who qualify for free and reduced school lunches.

Students who don't quality for free lunches have accounts where parents put in money every month. But sometimes - especially around this time of the year when household expenses rise - some of those accounts go into the red.

On Wednesday, a man came in through the school doors and wrote a check for $864 to wipe off all those overdue amounts. He then offered to provide funds to cover one child's lunch for the rest of the school year.

Hat's off to that guy! He is a non-malignant capitalist. Exceedingly rare these days...but a trend I hope will reverse...

Boys & Girls Club CEO Donates Entire Salary To Help Underprivileged Children Attend The Club

"It's not that I don't need the money; believe me, I need it," Tricoli said. "But there are others right now who I know need it more than I do. This is my way of helping those in our club who are in need of some assistance just like my family was when I was a kid. Plus, I want assure that our staff members are properly thanked for their work."..Tricoli told the board in the letter how much an organization like the Boys & Girls Club means to him on a personal level...."This organization means a lot to me, especially because of the very similar opportunity I had when I was a child," Boys & Girls Club CEO Donates Entire Salary To Help Underprivileged Children Attend The Club

My aunt passed away just before Thanksgiving..She was a good woman..She worked all her life to make a home for her children, grand children and great grand children..She also would adopt children that had lost their family, or kids that had lost their way in life..She manged to make the adopted kids finish school and realize that they were her family also.

Sorry to hear that Mooney. But at the same time, what a footprint she left the world eh? :clap2: I miss my aunt too. She was a librarian and reached many lives of children & inspired them to greatness in the little town she worked in.

Your aunt having great grandchildren must have been very old. It's always a celebration when someone lives a good life for that long.

Yes, though charity food mafias must be crucified and boycotted as well, because their lines produce psychic laziness. Capitalism produces these flows of dispossessed and exiled as a product the same as Ford cars and toothpaste. A few human-interest stories will not suffice for the problem. Freedom from Religion foundation in Wisconsin has just called out the Catholic protection rackert for procuring government funding, as it always does, ahead of schedule to ensure job security in its charity operations. And this whilst they build a new worship box, which will be by law, off-limits to Dylann Roof types.

Where is the heart-warming story of the prisoner who kicked the habit? We've got at least one, and it's simmered in the Theologian-Pimp's arrogant discourse: "We'll always be here for you." Overconfidence is when the Methodists take pictures of the charity prisoners whom are identified, to whom they have given shoes and clothing, so that they can bask in their mafia warmth with shared cynicism and joking.

^^ Hi unknown Russian poster hellbent on keeping unrest stirred up in the American public :fu: You should get a little more familiar with American English before you pigeon a bunch of stilted concepts. I mean you might as well have written "I'm here trying to inject negativity so that Americans don't come together on heartwarming stories such as these."

Hero Louisiana Police Dog Finds Missing 14-Year-old with Autism

AAn3Qc5.img

The St. Tammany Police Department is recognizing one of its own for a job well done.

Her name is Freya, and she’s the police K-9 who successfully recovered a missing 14-year-old on Tuesday in Louisiana.

According to a Facebook post shared by the department, deputies were dispatched to a residence in Lacomb on Valentine’s Day after the teen went missing.

“Deputies canvassed the area for hours, searching for the child,” the post said, adding that the Bavarian mountain hound and her handler, Deputy Ron Olivier, were next called to the scene. “K-9 Freya, who specializes in finding lost children, took the scent from the missing child’s clothes, and started searching. After approximately twenty minutes, K-9 Freya found the missing child, curled up, hiding in the woods.”

While definitely scared, the child was found in good heath, said the post, which also called Freya “a hero” for her efforts.

“This potential tragic story finished with a happy ending,” said Sheriff Randy Smith in a statement. “Our canines are amazing animals who are invaluable to our deputies and citizens.”

AAn3Qc5.img

The St. Tammany Police Department is recognizing one of its own for a job well done.

Her name is Freya, and she’s the police K-9 who successfully recovered a missing 14-year-old on Tuesday in Louisiana.

According to a Facebook post shared by the department, deputies were dispatched to a residence in Lacomb on Valentine’s Day after the teen went missing.

“Deputies canvassed the area for hours, searching for the child,” the post said, adding that the Bavarian mountain hound and her handler, Deputy Ron Olivier, were next called to the scene. “K-9 Freya, who specializes in finding lost children, took the scent from the missing child’s clothes, and started searching. After approximately twenty minutes, K-9 Freya found the missing child, curled up, hiding in the woods.”

While definitely scared, the child was found in good heath, said the post, which also called Freya “a hero” for her efforts.

“This potential tragic story finished with a happy ending,” said Sheriff Randy Smith in a statement. “Our canines are amazing animals who are invaluable to our deputies and citizens.”
Awesome!
When's the last time a cat ever did anything like that?

AAn3Qc5.img

Awesome!

There are stories of heroic cats as well, but this is the Dog thread.....

AAn3Qc5.img

Awesome!

If a cat ever did anything heroic it would have been coincidence only.

AAn3Qc5.img

Awesome!

If a cat ever did anything heroic it would have been coincidence only.

I'm sure you must have seen or atleast heard about this one......

Forum List

Back