Positive News Challenge

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
There is more than enough negativity in the news, both local & national and even here on USMB to drown an elephant herd and then some. The effects of negativity on the psyche is well known throughout history and it's not good. Our thought processes are influenced by exposures to environment and create habits and behaviors that are reflective of those influences. With such constant bombardment of negativity, there is little wonder to how we've become such an insensitive & violent nation.
With this in mind, I am challenging any and all USMB members to post only positive news, stories, comments, meme's, etc in this thread in order to bring some kind of balance from the 'softer' side. Please feel free to share anything that reflects a more positive view in order to bring some 'humanity'

Video: Cops Called on Groom Practicing Wedding Dance, With Heartwarming Results

upload_2016-10-16_10-11-43.png

I've created threads about some of these more positive news stories in the past, and almost nobody responds half the time. People just like being miserable.

I've created threads about some of these more positive news stories in the past, and almost nobody responds half the time. People just like being miserable.

I have no illusions of this going very far, misery loves company......but ya gotta keep trying for a positive note

I have no illusions of this going very far, misery loves company......but ya gotta keep trying for a positive note

When there's a story about a police shooting people always take sides. You'd figure that at least the people who are pro-cop would jump at a story like these, but no. I remember awhile back when I posted a story about when police and firefighters threw a birthday party for a 6-year-old autistic kid. I would have been happy to see somebody give it a thank you rating. NOTHING! Not even a single comment. :dunno:

When there's a story about a police shooting people always take sides. You'd figure that at least the people who are pro-cop would jump at a story like these, but no. I remember awhile back when I posted a story about when police and firefighters threw a birthday party for a 6-year-old autistic kid. I would have been happy to see somebody give it a thank you rating. NOTHING! Not even a single comment. :dunno:

:itsok: feel free to share it here. If I had seen your post I would have thanked you for it.

What This Chick-Fil-A Team Did For Their Homeless Co-Worker Is Heartwarming | Huffington Post

What This Chick-Fil-A Team Did For Their Homeless Co-Worker Is Heartwarming
12/29/2014 03:32 pm ET | Updated Dec 29, 2014

The spirit of giving was alive and well in Raleigh, North Carolina thanks to a team of kindhearted Chick-fil-A employees.

Sheree Carter, 37, has worked at the local Chick-fil-A restaurant since early October. After living in shelters and temporary housing, the single mom moved into her first apartment with her two young children just last week, local ABC affiliate WTVD reports.

Unbeknownst to Carter, her co-workers at the fast food restaurant had chipped in, furnishing the apartment — including dishes and a much-needed dishwasher — as a surprise Christmas gift to the family.

“I don’t even think they knew that I was homeless because I didn’t show it,” said Carter of her co-workers. “I’m just overwhelmed with everything.”

Darrena McCulloh, Carter’s boss and the owner of the Fayetteville Street Chick-fil-A, couldn’t be happier to have the hardworking mom on her staff.

“Just hearing her story and how hard she’s worked to provide for her family, we knew it would be the right integrity and ethics that we were looking for to join our team,” McCulloh said.

Carter’s story highlights the problem of homelessness in the U.S., especially among those with children. The number of homeless children in the country has surged in recent years to an all-time high, amounting to one child out of every 30, the National Center on Family Homelessness reported in November. Nearly 2.5 million American children were homeless at some point in 2013.

Striving to improve is not a negative thing. In order to improve you must first recognize the negative that needs to be eliminated. Pretending it's not there doesn't make it go away and actually allows perpetuity.
When improvement becomes the standard then only the negative needs to be addressed.

Striving to improve is not a negative thing. In order to improve you must first recognize the negative that needs to be eliminated. Pretending it's not there doesn't make it go away and actually allows perpetuity.
When improvement becomes the standard then only the negative needs to be addressed.

So strive for improvement and post something positive.......

OK. Remove all democrats.
That oughtta do it.

It's not entirely that. It's also --- where do you find positive news? It doesn't sell so you have to be standing in the right place when it passes by.

That oughtta do it.

There's nothing that can be called "positive" about a one-party State.
I get it that that is the goal of Eliminationism, but it's wrongheaded.

/offtopic .... note the above is just me recognizing a negative that needs to be eliminated, that being Eliminationism.

It's not entirely that. It's also --- where do you find positive news? It doesn't sell so you have to be standing in the right place when it passes by.

Actually they are not that hard to find......but you do have to make the effort

Part of that is with Longknife gulping down 55-gallon drums of coffee so he can scour the earth for threads about "World Toilet Day" ---- threads of any kind have a microscopically short shelf life.

That's why I marked this thread. It's a concept worth keeping up with. And thanks be to the OP for putting it up. :thup:

Part of that is with Longknife gulping down 55-gallon drums of coffee so he can scour the earth for threads about "World Toilet Day" ---- threads of any kind have a microscopically short shelf life.

That's why I marked this thread. It's a concept worth keeping up with. And thanks be to the OP for putting it up. :thup:

Why not try posting something positive for a change. Make a respectable contribution here

That oughtta do it.

There's nothing that can be called "positive" about a one-party State.
I get it that that is the goal of Eliminationism, but it's wrongheaded.

/offtopic .... note the above is just me recognizing a negative that needs to be eliminated, that being Eliminationism.
I didn't say anything endorsing one party. I said remove the democrats. That leaves multiple positive alternatives.

Smiling Baby Gets Pampered By Troopers After Rescued From Car | Huffington Post

57bf3dd2180000dd10bcd22e.jpeg

A beautiful baby boy was given a warm bath and tons of extra attention by state troopers ― turning an otherwise nightmarish evening around.

The 1-year-old was discovered in the backseat of a car, covered in vomit, Tuesday evening in Princeton, West Virginia, State Police said, leading to a DUI arrest.

“As a father myself, I couldn’t let it sit in its own urine and feces and vomit,” Senior Trooper D.C. Graham, who responded to the scene, told WVNS-TV.

“So I went ahead and drew a bath in the sink of the detachment and was able to clean him up a little bit and get him feeling a little bit better.”

Trooper B.R. Wood told The Bluefield Daily Telegraph that the child is believed to have been unwell for some time.

He went on to call the child “the best little baby. He had just started to nod off when [Child Protective Services] arrived.”

“The baby has now been placed with a legal guardian,” he told the paper. “He is safe at this time and under the supervision of CPS.”

Police said the car’s occupant, who has not been identified, faces a charge of Driving Under the Influence with a minor.

Forum List

Back