Portland, Oregon?

D

Dis

So...in basically throwing pins at a map, it looks like our next vacation will be in Portland, Oregon..

Anything interesting to do/see there? I know they have a couple museums we want to check out...

See?

Do?

Avoid?

Museums? :eusa_eh:

Get you and whoever a bicycles. I heard there's miles and miles of bike trails in and around the city. Good way to check out a city.

It's also supposed to be the hipster capital of America. :rolleyes:

Instead of going to Portland, Oregon go to Oregon, Illinois. You can see that whole town in just a matter of hours and you will save a bunch of bucks. Be sure to stop by the Shell Station and get a cup of coffee and a couple of those lottery scratch-off tickets. You can sit down right in there and drink your coffee and maybe become a millionaire. On the way out of town be sure to look across the Rock River and see the big concrete indian.

Do me a favor and throw a brick through the window of the Red and Black Cafe.

I spent a week in Portland one day. Hopefully never go back, but if I do, the Red and Black is gonna get a visit from me. :)

Portland is pretty. And very wet. And full of really weird people.

I spent a week in Portland one day. Hopefully never go back, but if I do, the Red and Black is gonna get a visit from me. :)

Are you trying to tell us that Portland is full of pretty wet weird people?:confused:

I kinda figured that when the travel guide magazine I ordered had an option for requesting gay/bi/lesbian "coming out" info.

I kinda figured that when the travel guide magazine I ordered had an option for requesting gay/bi/lesbian "coming out" info.

Powells Books used to be fantastic though I've heard that they have recently become a little mundane. They do have a technical book shop a few blocks away across the street from the park that is still quite good.

Powells Books used to be fantastic though I've heard that they have recently become a little mundane. They do have a technical book shop a few blocks away across the street from the park that is still quite good.

I read something about that.. Over a million books. Someone compared it to the Bermuda Triangle - I'm in! :thup:

Been to Asheville, NC, yet?

I highly recommend it.

I had a flat tire on I-40 right outside of Asheville NC once. I was heading towards Rocky Mount, NC and was wanting some of that good pork bar-b-que. The wife changed the tire while I talked on the CB.:cool:

You should at least spend a day in Seaside, Oregon. It is on the ocean and very beautiful. You can also see the beach where they filmed Goonies, and where Lewis and Clark stayed. But for sure go to Seaside.

I read something about that.. Over a million books. Someone compared it to the Bermuda Triangle - I'm in! :thup:

Yes, it is the size of a city block. The last time I was there (about 10 years ago) all the people were real nice. There was a diner across the street on the northwest corner, if memory serves, that served a mean breakfast.

You should at least spend a day in Seaside, Oregon. It is on the ocean and very beautiful. You can also see the beach where they filmed Goonies, and where Lewis and Clark stayed. But for sure go to Seaside.

Some great antique shops there too. And it's only a short drive up the coast to Astoria and some GREAT seafood!

Been to Asheville, NC, yet?

I highly recommend it.

I had a flat tire on I-40 right outside of Asheville NC once. I was heading towards Rocky Mount, NC and was wanting some of that good pork bar-b-que. The wife changed the tire while I talked on the CB.:cool:
Shoulda stopped by this little chateau, to ask if you could use their phone:

148421065_433d49ea58.jpg

Some great antique shops there too. And it's only a short drive up the coast to Astoria and some GREAT seafood!

:thup: :eusa_drool:

So...in basically throwing pins at a map, it looks like our next vacation will be in Portland, Oregon..

Anything interesting to do/see there? I know they have a couple museums we want to check out...

See?

Do?

Avoid?

Crater Lake... very scenic.

Crater Lake National Park

Oregon's coast VERY scenic.

Oregon Coast Visitors Association

Oregon has some outstanding caves.

Oregon Caves National Monument | Oregon Caves in Southern Oregon USA. (An unofficial information website)

Yeah, they do have great seafood in that area. Bring a sweatshirt though, even if it is in the summer.
If you drive, you should check out Mt Hood, very pretty area too.

See?

Do?

Avoid?

Crater Lake... very scenic.

Crater Lake National Park

Oregon's coast VERY scenic.

Oregon Coast Visitors Association

Oregon has some outstanding caves.

Oregon Caves National Monument | Oregon Caves in Southern Oregon USA. (An unofficial information website)

Crater lake is awesome. :up:

Forum List

Back