Population Level

As do you. You take resources just to keep you alive. Now, where is your evidence to support your assertions?

Actually, you said it. The resource limitations are a symptom, not the cause, the root of the problem isn't the planet, it isn't our usage of resources, it's how many of us are using the resources.
Fail. It's the way they're used

[W]hether current human activity can be sustained is an other matter entirely.

Now... Your evidence?

You are only proving my point with your evidence, so I don't need any, as I said, it's all around you. How doesn't change the fact that it's used, it's still used.

So, you concede that I am correct and it is the way it's used (the activity) and not the numbers involved the population). You're making progress ;)

See, you always end up agreeing with me when you try to cover your ass

So, you concede that I am correct and it is the way it's used (the activity) and not the numbers involved the population). You're making progress ;)

See, you always end up agreeing with me when you try to cover your ass

I didn't concede, I merely pointed out the huge flaw in your logic. The resources are still used. How they are used makes no difference, does it really change how much wood is used if it's burnt or used to make furniture?

:lol:

That they are used is activity. You've only demonstrated my point that the action of Mankind outside of ensuring thweir survival is the problem ;)

Of course, you're the idiot who wants a war (the greatest waste of resources) to solve the problem :rolleyes:

does it really change how much wood is used if it's burnt or used to make furniture?
The use of wood for fire or furniture is human activity and not necessary fro human survival in many instances. When it is neessary, deadwood can be burned or sustainable amounts of livewood.

As I said, the question of human activity is another issue. funny how you always arguing the same thing I am whenever you want to be right :eusa_whistle:

That they are used is activity. You've only demonstrated my point that the action of Mankind outside of ensuring thweir survival is the problem ;)

Of course, you're the idiot who wants a war (the greatest waste of resources) to solve the problem :rolleyes:

does it really change how much wood is used if it's burnt or used to make furniture?
The use of wood for fire or furniture is human activity and not necessary fro human survival in many instances. When it is neessary, deadwood can be burned or sustainable amounts of livewood.

As I said, the question of human activity is another issue. funny how you always arguing the same thing I am whenever you want to be right :eusa_whistle:

In the long run war saves resources because there are fewer people to use them. You think only in small time frames and see only tiny portions of the picture.

You still didn't address the point I made with wood. Does the chair use less wood than the fire?

In the long run war saves resources because there are fewer people to use them.

Wrong. War itself does no such thing. Genocide, mass murder, and starvation do that. You have now stated that you support genocide and mass murder as a means of freeing up resources for the winner. Let the record reflect this fact.

You still didn't address the point I made with wood. Does the chair use less wood than the fire?
yes, in most instances. Fires have to be fed and maintained. Chairs only need more wood if they break.

You fail again

In the long run war saves resources because there are fewer people to use them.

Wrong. War itself does no such thing. Genocide, mass murder, and starvation do that. You have now stated that you support genocide and mass murder as a means of freeing up resources for the winner. Let the record reflect this fact.

yes, in most instances. Fires have to be fed and maintained. Chairs only need more wood if they break.

You fail again

Really? One small fire using about two logs can warm up to five people for an entire night (I camp a lot) while a chair, using about the same as five or six large fires seats only one. So where do the other four sit during that time? You still missed the whole point, the resource (wood) was used, the amount for the use didn't change because of how it was used, the need was met and the amount used was based on the need.

As for your other causes ... that's the point, those things do not happen as much as they use to, plus we have very little effect from disease and even accidents don't kill as much. Our population isn't just effected by the birth rate, when people die less often, the population explodes.

Really? One small fire using about two logs can warm up to five people for an entire night (I camp a lot)
Now how many nights will they need that fire over the course of their lives, while a well-maintained chair lasts generations? Clearly the human activity of burning wood when not needed is part of the overall problem of unsustainable human activity not always necessary for survival. Kinda like war...

Now... where is your evidence?

Really? One small fire using about two logs can warm up to five people for an entire night (I camp a lot)
Now how many nights will they need that fire over the course of their lives, while a well-maintained chair lasts generations? Clearly the human activity of burning wood when not needed is part of the overall problem of unsustainable human activity not always necessary for survival. Kinda like war...

You still missed the point ... it's sad, you have all these facts bookmarked on your computer but you still cannot think for yourself.

The wood is still used up.

When I point out the flaw and the fact that the fire uses more wood, your only response is to accuse me of missing a point you never made?

You're point? You said that not enough food and water can be had to support the human population.

You've still yet to present any evidence.

now you're trying to argue that it's human activity that can't be sustained- the very thing I've said from the beginning. In other words, you're trying to to say what i said because you want to be right :lol: Every time you challenge me, you end up ultimately posting the equivalent of 'what JB said' :lol:

Really, you must be jealous, for it is the only reason why you cannot stay on topic for more than a single post.

Shit, that must be IT. i bow down to your wisdom, fuzz brain.

Hmm ... there's one that hasn't been used on here yet. Fuzz brain ... sounds kinda cute actually. Can you demonstrate that we are not overpopulated?

It is not our job to prove the negative. YOU made the claim there are to many people, PROVE it.

Explain this:
... I just love your failure at science.
The problem (often overlooked or ignored): over population.

The solution (non-partisan): defending the right to say "no" and encouraging personal responsibility for breeding.

Simple.

Food production does take a lot. I find that the problem is less the population density itself and more the problems that go along with it: problems with sanitation, easy communication of disease, logistic concerns. We we could built up -building truly multi-tiered cites- many problems would be alleviated. Such a fantastic concept, however, remains far beyond the realm of feasibility.

This is why people like to ignore the fact that the whole planet is over populated.

Not where I live, dufus.

Forum List

Back