Population Level

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Speaking of environuts who need to explain shit...

Where's your evidence that Earth can't grow enough food or render enough water to support this may humans. I noticed you've been running away every time I ask for your evidence. Why is that?

Where's your evidence that Earth can't grow enough food or render enough water to support this may humans. I noticed you've been running away every time I ask for your evidence. Why is that?

Really, I haven't been "running away" ... it's just that you complete lack of understanding the ecosystem makes debating you on it pointless. ;)

• Banned
Explain this:
... I just love your failure at science.
The problem (often overlooked or ignored): over population.

The solution (non-partisan): defending the right to say "no" and encouraging personal responsibility for breeding.

Simple.

Food production does take a lot. I find that the problem is less the population density itself and more the problems that go along with it: problems with sanitation, easy communication of disease, logistic concerns. We we could built up -building truly multi-tiered cites- many problems would be alleviated. Such a fantastic concept, however, remains far beyond the realm of feasibility.

This is why people like to ignore the fact that the whole planet is over populated.

• Banned

Really, I haven't been "running away" ... it's just that you complete lack of understanding the ecosystem makes debating you on it pointless. ;)
Still no evidence, I see. Quit running.

why don't you put something on the table for a change, spambot?

Accusing me of being a spambot ... that's rich ... you are just making me laugh too much today.

The amount of space required for O2 production (through trees) ... the amount of farm space needed to feed people ... the amount of living space needed for people ... storage space ... waste space ... etc.

Do the math.

This planet is NO WHERE near the max number of Humans it can feed or provide water for. Not even close.

This planet is NO WHERE near the max number of Humans it can feed or provide water for. Not even close.

Include the space for wildlife.

Accusing me of being a spambot ... that's rich ... you are just making me laugh too much today.

The amount of space required for O2 production (through trees) ... the amount of farm space needed to feed people ... the amount of living space needed for people ... storage space ... waste space ... etc.

Do the math.

In no encounter with you know-it-all did i see you support your grandiose statements. You just label your opponents, call them stupid, and yourself the winner. I cannot take you seriously. I cannot even laugh at you. You bore me.

The amount of space required for O2 production (through trees) ...

Rainforests ;)

the amount of farm space needed to feed people ...
the American midwest alone can feed half the world. Rice from Asia could feed the population. Even much of Africa could grow plenty of food if they'd stop killing eachother long enough to farm.

the amount of living space needed for people ...

Not so much a problem of people would spread out and stop cramming themselves into cramped little cities. Or build up. I already addressed this.
storage space ... waste space ... etc.

Do the math.
No math has been put forth to show a problem. I already said that the problem is not the numbers. The problem is simply distribution. Now, where's your evidence that Earth cannot grow enough food and not enough water can be made potable to support the human population?

Do the math.

In no encounter with you know-it-all did i see you support your grandiose statements. You just label your opponents, call them stupid, and yourself the winner. I cannot take you seriously. I cannot even laugh at you. You bore me.

Hmm .. still not very good at describing me are you. I never "declare winner" and rarely use the term "stupid" ... idiot, yes, naive, quite a bit. My goal is not to compound with a bunch of numbers, you can do a web search for all that. It's simply to get people to start looking at it for once instead of avoiding it like the plague.

Exactly. The problem is simply distribution. Now, whether current human activity can be sustained is an other matter entirely.

Do the math.

Hmm .. still not very good at describing me are you. I never "declare winner" and rarely use the term "stupid" ... idiot, yes, naive, quite a bit. My goal is not to compound with a bunch of numbers, you can do a web search for all that. It's simply to get people to start looking at it for once instead of avoiding it like the plague.

oh, never "stupid", just "idiot", haha.
you are avoiding supporting your assertions like a plague, you find every excuse in the book. " i read it somewhere, but can't remember where, but i tell you it is true", "i have problems putting into words my enormous knowledge, because of my history", pathetic.

keep on confabulating, projectress!

:clap2:

The amount of space required for O2 production (through trees) ...

Rainforests ;)

the amount of farm space needed to feed people ...
the American midwest alone can feed half the world. Rice from Asia could feed the population. Even much of Africa could grow plenty of food if they'd stop killing eachother long enough to farm.

the amount of living space needed for people ...

Not so much a problem of people would spread out and stop cramming themselves into cramped little cities. Or build up. I already addressed this.
storage space ... waste space ... etc.

Do the math.
No math has been put forth to show a problem. I already said that the problem is not the numbers. The problem is simply distribution. Now, where's your evidence that Earth cannot grow enough food and not enough water can be made potable to support the human population?

Human growth is encroaching on rainforests ... so those are short lived at the current rate of growth. Launching things into space requires a ton of resources, which there are already wars for what we do have, so that's not even close to practical. No matter how small an area we occupy in living space, you neglect the space for food and fresh water is limited. Distribution is not the issue either, otherwise those without would simply die off anyway. Killing each other frees up resources, quite a bit, and is why I support war. Deserts cannot be used to grow food without using up more resources. Even oil is limited and won't last forever.

you are avoiding supporting your assertions like a plague, you find every excuse in the book. " i read it somewhere, but can't remember where, but i tell you it is true", "i have problems putting into words my enormous knowledge, because of my history", pathetic.

Really, you must be jealous, for it is the only reason why you cannot stay on topic for more than a single post.

Really, you must be jealous, for it is the only reason why you cannot stay on topic for more than a single post.

Shit, that must be IT. i bow down to your wisdom, fuzz brain.

Shit, that must be IT. i bow down to your wisdom, fuzz brain.

Hmm ... there's one that hasn't been used on here yet. Fuzz brain ... sounds kinda cute actually. Can you demonstrate that we are not overpopulated?

Human growth is encroaching on rainforests ...

Wrong. Human greed and business is encroaching on the rainforests. Try reading the above posts ;)
Now, whether current human activity can be sustained is an other matter entirely.

Launching things into space requires a ton of resources

Now, whether current human activity can be sustained is an other matter entirely.

From the beginning, I have said that current human activity cannot be sustained, but the population can. Now, in attempt to declare yourself the winner, and in the total lack of evidence to support your solution, you start agreeing with me and arguing the very thing I have said from the beginner (starting in the other thread) and act like you're making points against me? :lol:

This is just like the thread about polling, where i said that the numbers don't lie, but the pollsters can word the questions to get the desired result. You then accused me of copy-->pasting and then copy-->pasted a video agreeing with me in attempt to declare yourself correct and me wrong :lol:

Distribution is not the issue either, otherwise those without would simply die off anyway.

Right... because America doesn't send thousands of tons to food to Africa every year :cuckoo: There's a reason they used to call us the breadbasket of the world before we started paying farmers to not grow crops.
Killing each other frees up resources, quite a bit, and is why I support war.
When do you get deployed?

Deserts cannot be used to grow food without using up more resources.

They have Emu farms in Arizona..

Even oil is limited and won't last forever.
corn oil for food. Gasoline is not food.

Hmm ... there's one that hasn't been used on here yet. Fuzz brain ... sounds kinda cute actually. Can you demonstrate that we are not overpopulated?

:lol: That's like 'can you prove there's not a god?' :lol:
Fallacy: Burden of Proof

You made the assertion that we are overpopulated. You bear the burden of proof.

Outside a legal context, "burden of proof" means that someone suggesting a new theory or stating a claim must provide evidence to support it: it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof#Science_and_other_uses

Now quit running. Present your evidence or admit you're wrong.

Last edited:
Human growth is encroaching on rainforests ...

Wrong. Human greed and business is encroaching on the rainforests. Try reading the above posts ;)

From the beginning, I have said that current human activity cannot be sustained, but the population can. Now, in attempt to declare yourself the winner, and in the total lack of evidence to support your solution, you start agreeing with me and arguing the very thing I have said from the beginner (starting in the other thread) and act like you're making points against me? :lol:

This is just like the thread about polling, where i said that the numbers don't lie, but the pollsters can word the questions to get the desired result. You then accused me of copy-->pasting and then copy-->pasted a video agreeing with me in attempt to declare yourself correct and me wrong :lol:

Right... because America doesn't send thousands of tons to food to Africa every year :cuckoo: There's a reason they used to call us the breadbasket of the world before we started paying farmers to not grow crops.

When do you get deployed?

Deserts cannot be used to grow food without using up more resources.

They have Emu farms in Arizona..

Even oil is limited and won't last forever.
corn oil for food. Gasoline is not food.

Corn oil takes up a lot of space, we saw the effects of that already.

Not declaring "winner" still, you remember, debates have no winners.

Forum List

Back