Popular Songs/Lyrics that make you cringe

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
We all have them.....those songs that just make us want to chew our own foot off. They may be popular, they may sell a lot, they may hit the charts....but we hate them with venomous passion.

Mine is Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann. When I hear it I want to scream and the worst part is:

"And little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride"

The poetic value is rivaled only by a 9-iron to the nuts.

So what are yours? The songs or lyrics you just cringe when you hear?

Oh and I hate Bubbly by Colbie Caillat too because every time the bitch says "It starts in my toes and I crinkle my nose...." what the fuck do i do? I crinkle my fucking nose. God damn it I just did it again....and so did you! :lol:

Oh and I hate Bubbly by Colbie Caillat too because every time the bitch says "It starts in my toes and I crinkle my nose...." what the fuck do i do? I crinkle my fucking nose. God damn it I just did it again....and so did you! :lol:

Yeah but SHE's alluding to having an orgasm.

Yeah I know what she's talking about but it doesn't mean i don't crinkle my damned nose and it pisses me off. I swear to God....every time I hear it I think "don't crinkle your nose....don't crinkle your nose" and what happens? I crinkle my fucking nose. :evil:

Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts. They covered it for the movie Cars, and when it came out, CMT played the video in heavy rotation.

I will not listen to a Rascal Flats song now by choice. And they ruined the original Tom Cochrane version for me, too.

Also You're Beautiful by James Blunt. Truly horrible.

Last edited:
I hate the old song.....American Pie.......bye bye Miss American Pie.....drove my Chevy to the levi....... but the levi was dry......damned idiot should have drove his Chevy off a cliff.

We all have them.....those songs that just make us want to chew our own foot off. They may be popular, they may sell a lot, they may hit the charts....but we hate them with venomous passion.

Mine is Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann. When I hear it I want to scream and the worst part is:

"And little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride"

The poetic value is rivaled only by a 9-iron to the nuts.

So what are yours? The songs or lyrics you just cringe when you hear?

Didn't Springsteen write that?

I thought you were going to bring up the "wrapped up like a Douche" lyric

Last edited:
Dumbest ever..

Someone left a cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
Because it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again...

Forum List

Back