Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-American flock

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This Pope continues to be controversial.

MIAMI (AP) — The key role Pope Francis played encouraging talks between Presidents Barack Obama and Raul Castro left fractures among his flock in South Florida, where many older Roman Catholics equate the Castro brothers with the devil.
Many Catholics worldwide have expressed pride in seeing Francis stirring hopes of progress in communist Cuba, but some Cuban-Americans say their spiritual leader betrayed them.
"I'm still Catholic till the day I die," said Efrain Rivas, a 53-year-old maintenance man in Miami who was a political prisoner in Cuba for 16 years. "But I am a Catholic without a pope."
Rivas said he cried when Obama surprisingly announced a reversal of a half-century's efforts to isolate Cuba. Then, when he learned of Francis' role, he got angry.
Miami Archbishop Thomas Wenski acknowledged that some Catholics are "concerned or suspicious," but said many more exiles welcome the breakthrough, despite their suffering.
"The pain is real, but you can't build a future on top of resentments," Wenski told The Associated Press in an interview.

MORE: Pope s role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-American flock - Yahoo News

Cuba is officially atheist. Fidel killed what priests and nuns there were during the revolution. Without adequate guidance the Catholic religion is still dominant but has allowed itself to become corrupted like the catholics of Haiti by incorporating vudu and black magic. The pope means well but can only be used as a tool of atheists.

Cuba is officially atheist. Fidel killed what priests and nuns there were during the revolution. Without adequate guidance the Catholic religion is still dominant but has allowed itself to become corrupted like the catholics of Haiti by incorporating vudu and black magic. The pope means well but can only be used as a tool of atheists.

Ok, you're a fucking idiot.

You are obviously not Catholic.

But I still say you'd make a great Bond villain Katz.

Your argument is so messed up, dude, almost none of it is true.

But give us the evidence for it, please.

Your argument is so messed up, dude, almost none of it is true.

But give us the evidence for it, please.
I did. But you can look up more yourself.

Disir, almost no American cares about Catholicism that way. We could do the same thing with atheist regimes like that of Stalin, Hitler, or Mao.

Disir, almost no American cares about Catholicism that way. We could do the same thing with atheist regimes like that of Stalin, Hitler, or Mao.

No. You don't know or oblivious to the history-which is why Cuba didn't want them in there.

Fidel Castro didn't want the church there because he is a communist and an atheist.

Forum List

Back