Pope Francis says all priests can forgive women who've had abortions

So you would agree with the fundamentalist Mormons who say that just because some guy in the Mormon church decided that polygamy was wrong, that doesn't mean God said so.

Do you mean 'wrong' or a 'sin'. Some people believe you shouldn't wear white in the winter, that doing so is 'wrong', but it's not a 'sin'. I try to follow God's word. The Pharisees went around telling people what was 'wrong' and 'right', and Jesus pointed out that they were putting 'tradition' above God's word.

The Bible is never changing, but I find it interesting, for example. that the Pope comes out every so often and says 'NOW' this is okay or not okay. why 'NOW'. Did God's word suddenly change?

Pope: All priests can forgive those who've had abortions - CNN.com
If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?

The Church? What church? The Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Furthermore, priests cannot give anyone. Neither can the pope. Only God can forgive sin. Buy a King James Bible and read it.

Exactly.
Another deep thinker weighs in.

No, its just that he's correct and you're not.

If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?

The Church? What church? The Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Furthermore, priests cannot give anyone. Neither can the pope. Only God can forgive sin. Buy a King James Bible and read it.

Exactly.

As if further demonstrations of your somewhat modest intellectual endowment were actually needed.

So you would agree with the fundamentalist Mormons who say that just because some guy in the Mormon church decided that polygamy was wrong, that doesn't mean God said so.

Do you mean 'wrong' or a 'sin'. Some people believe you shouldn't wear white in the winter, that doing so is 'wrong', but it's not a 'sin'. I try to follow God's word. The Pharisees went around telling people what was 'wrong' and 'right', and Jesus pointed out that they were putting 'tradition' above God's word.

The Bible is never changing, but I find it interesting, for example. that the Pope comes out every so often and says 'NOW' this is okay or not okay. why 'NOW'. Did God's word suddenly change?
When your speaking in tongues preacher changes the Bingo schedule does he get his inspiration from God?

Evidently you do.

Based on WHAT? Based on what I believe isn't in alignment with what you believe? That's the great thing about America - you are free to believe what you want, I am free to believe what I want, and in the end it is STILL Okay to agree not to disagree. have a nice day...and God bless.

Exactly.

As if further demonstrations of your somewhat modest intellectual endowment were actually needed.

Actually, I wasn't addressing you earlier. Again, you're incorrect.

When your speaking in tongues preacher changes the Bingo schedule does he get his inspiration from God?

Instead of answering the question you engage in mockery and near 'blasphemy'...good luck with that. Conversation over...have a nice day, and God bless.

Evidently you do.

Based on WHAT? Based on what I believe isn't in alignment with what you believe? That's the great thing about America - you are free to believe what you want, I am free to believe what I want, and in the end it is STILL Okay to agree not to disagree. have a nice day...and God bless.
Free to believe what you want? You wouldn't get that impression from reading this thread. If I were to take a position equivalent to what the anti Catholics on this thread have expressed it would sound something like this: All you heretics are living outside God's grace. You are inevitably doomed to burn in Hell for eternity to pay for your sins of willful ignorance. Praying for your soul would be the Christ like thing to do, but even with the love of Our Lord I just can't seem to get inspired enough to do that for you. Perhaps your sins are too great.

Exactly.

Actually, I wasn't addressing you earlier. Again, you're incorrect.
Another deep, thoughtful remark.

Evidently you do.

Free to believe what you want? You wouldn't get that impression from reading this thread. If I were to take a position equivalent to what the anti Catholics on this thread have expressed it would sound something like this: All you heretics are living outside God's grace. You are inevitably doomed to burn in Hell for eternity to pay for your sins of willful ignorance. Praying for your soul would be the Christ like thing to do, but even with the love of Our Lord I just can't seem to get inspired enough to do that for you. Perhaps your sins are too great.

'Anti-Catholic'? Why can't people just disagree with / not believe what Catholics believe without being 'anti-Catholic'? I do not fully believe what the Catholics do, but I am not 'anti-Catholic'. They are free to believe whatever they want. I will stand up and defend that right but do not have to agree with them to do so. You're right - we are not supposed to be judgmental, arrogantly or not. That is God's job. I have no malice in my heart for Catholics or any other fait. I hope and trust they will introduce many people to God, which is awesome.

If you pray for my soul, I greatly appreciate it, and if you don't so be it. But it is not, I believe, within yours or any person on this earth's authority to 'forgive' me of my sin. That is all I was saying in my initial post. That is up to God, and luckily for me he is a loving, forgiving God.

2ztm5uc.jpg

I committed serial adultery. And I'm a lifelong Democrat.

4ujdip.jpg

But, boy oh boy, do I hate fags.

ou1ohz.jpg

Republican Christians LOVE me!

2ztm5uc.jpg

So if you've had an abortion, just tell them you hate homos...

30cr5mw.jpg

...and you're golden!

Evidently you do.

'Anti-Catholic'? Why can't people just disagree with / not believe what Catholics believe without being 'anti-Catholic'? I do not fully believe what the Catholics do, but I am not 'anti-Catholic'. They are free to believe whatever they want. I will stand up and defend that right but do not have to agree with them to do so. You're right - we are not supposed to be judgmental, arrogantly or not. That is God's job. I have no malice in my heart for Catholics or any other fait. I hope and trust they will introduce many people to God, which is awesome.

If you pray for my soul, I greatly appreciate it, and if you don't so be it. But it is not, I believe, within yours or any person on this earth's authority to 'forgive' me of my sin. That is all I was saying in my initial post. That is up to God, and luckily for me he is a loving, forgiving God.
Read back to what some of your less well informed brethren have had to say on this subject. They don't sound very tolerant or forgiving to me.

Read back to what some of your less well informed brethren have had to say on this subject. They don't sound very tolerant or forgiving to me.

Ahhh....I would definitely agree that some on this thread have different opinions and ways of looking at things than you and I. I try not to speak FOR others and give as many as possible the benefit of the doubt. With some it is quite obvious where they stand.

And let's not forget that half wit pop culture atheists drool over public disagreements between Christians. What matters more, fine distinctions of interpretations of the same thing, or faith in God?

The Pope also said that atheists can also go to heaven, because how you live your life is more important than what you say you believe.
link?

This is completely counter to the bible. I cannot believe that the Pope of all people would make such a statement and I am an atheist...
An atheist huh....that would be all the explanation you need to clarify why you don't understand.

I hate it that Wendy's only serves fish sandwiches during Lent. I wish the new liberal communist Pope would get on that.
That was every Friday when I was a kid, no meat for dinner that day. No doubt the fundamentalist scholars can find satanic messages in that too.

Our schools had fish sticks every Friday.
A stunning public accommodation considering the basic anti Catholicism in American culture and history.

Yeah well they also always gave us a turkey lunch the last day before the Thanksgiving holiday, which if you think about it didn't really make much sense.

That's what I'm asking you. The Mormons are Christians; there's no doubt their denomination originally embraced polygamy as a part of their religion. Then they changed the rules? Which Mormons are right?

I hate it that Wendy's only serves fish sandwiches during Lent. I wish the new liberal communist Pope would get on that.
That was every Friday when I was a kid, no meat for dinner that day. No doubt the fundamentalist scholars can find satanic messages in that too.

A stunning public accommodation considering the basic anti Catholicism in American culture and history.

Yeah well they also always gave us a turkey lunch the last day before the Thanksgiving holiday, which if you think about it didn't really make much sense.

That's what I'm asking you. The Mormons are Christians; there's no doubt their denomination originally embraced polygamy as a part of their religion. Then they changed the rules? Which Mormons are right?

What does the Bible, not what does man, say?

I'm sorry, I can't give a fair answer to that question because I just can't take Mormons seriously. Seer Stones? Are you fucking kidding me or what? As if our own bronze age legends weren't hard enough to swallow. Mormons are closer to being Scientologists than Christians.....they can hardly wait to ascend to planet Kolob.

What does the Bible, not what does man, say?

The Book of Mormon is the word of God to Mormons, presumably.

Forum List

Back