Pope Francis says all priests can forgive women who've had abortions

It's not the priest they need to worry about. They need to ask God to forgive them.

Exactly and here is another thought to consider. There but for the grace of God go I - go any of us. There are many people in Catholicism who cannot see the truth because they were raised in Catholicism and the tradition has been handed down from generation to generation. We need to be praying for Catholic people that the LORD would give them the desire and the strength to search out the truth for themselves in the Holy Bible and to follow Jesus and come to Him for forgiveness. I was raised in Catholicism before I was saved but I don't believe it had the hold on me that I have seen it have on others including members of my own family / extended family.

So while we despise the false doctrine of Catholicism we love the people trapped in it and pray for their deliverance. With God all things are possible.

So very true. It's easy to see how people can be so mislead and deceived by the false doctrine of cults. As you say, particularly when that's all an individual knows due to the culture within a family. While we diligently pray for loved ones to be delivered and gain enlightenment, often times it takes someone unknown to bring the necessary information. Family is interestingly too close to the subject and not received as intended.
People like you aren't righteous with God, you're only self righteous. I don't even consider you to be a Christian.....at best a very poor one.
Think what you want.
Oh really, can I? Golly gosh gee whiz, thanks! I don't know what I'd do without your gracious permission.
Yes, even though it doesn't matter.

Pope: All priests can forgive those who've had abortions - CNN.com
If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?

The Church? What church? The Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Furthermore, priests cannot give anyone. Neither can the pope. Only God can forgive sin. Buy a King James Bible and read it.

Exactly.

Exactly and here is another thought to consider. There but for the grace of God go I - go any of us. There are many people in Catholicism who cannot see the truth because they were raised in Catholicism and the tradition has been handed down from generation to generation. We need to be praying for Catholic people that the LORD would give them the desire and the strength to search out the truth for themselves in the Holy Bible and to follow Jesus and come to Him for forgiveness. I was raised in Catholicism before I was saved but I don't believe it had the hold on me that I have seen it have on others including members of my own family / extended family.

So while we despise the false doctrine of Catholicism we love the people trapped in it and pray for their deliverance. With God all things are possible.

So very true. It's easy to see how people can be so mislead and deceived by the false doctrine of cults. As you say, particularly when that's all an individual knows due to the culture within a family. While we diligently pray for loved ones to be delivered and gain enlightenment, often times it takes someone unknown to bring the necessary information. Family is interestingly too close to the subject and not received as intended.
People like you aren't righteous with God, you're only self righteous. I don't even consider you to be a Christian.....at best a very poor one.
Think what you want.
Oh really, can I? Golly gosh gee whiz, thanks! I don't know what I'd do without your gracious permission.
Yes, even though it doesn't matter.
And yet you just can't seem to stop yourself from responding. You're trying a little to hard to punch above your weight.

If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?

The Church? What church? The Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Furthermore, priests cannot give anyone. Neither can the pope. Only God can forgive sin. Buy a King James Bible and read it.

Exactly.
Another deep thinker weighs in.

I can forgive all women of every sin they have ever committed, too....doesn't mean they are 'forgiven'!

I have heard the Pope is supposed to be the 'Head of the church' in the Catholic religion. In my fait, I am taught that GOD is head of the church, and His church consists of His people. There are pastors and teachers to help 'feed' and 'lead' the 'flock', but Only GOD is the head of the church, and only God and Jesus Christ can forgive sins....but again, that is my faith.

I hate it that Wendy's only serves fish sandwiches during Lent. I wish the new liberal communist Pope would get on that.
That was every Friday when I was a kid, no meat for dinner that day. No doubt the fundamentalist scholars can find satanic messages in that too.

I can forgive all women of every sin they have ever committed, too....doesn't mean they are 'forgiven'!

I have heard the Pope is supposed to be the 'Head of the church' in the Catholic religion. In my fait, I am taught that GOD is head of the church, and His church consists of His people. There are pastors and teachers to help 'feed' and 'lead' the 'flock', but Only GOD is the head of the church, and only God and Jesus Christ can forgive sins....but again, that is my faith.
And who made that interpretation for you? Did you do your own theological studies to arrive at those conclusions? Or did someone else do that for you?

God damn these people are stupid. They have no fucking idea why they believe what they say they believe........which makes them extremely poor Christians.

I hate it that Wendy's only serves fish sandwiches during Lent. I wish the new liberal communist Pope would get on that.
That was every Friday when I was a kid, no meat for dinner that day. No doubt the fundamentalist scholars can find satanic messages in that too.

I wonder when God changed his mind about that? And who did he tell, exactly?

So you would agree with the fundamentalist Mormons who say that just because some guy in the Mormon church decided that polygamy was wrong,

that doesn't mean God said so.

Our schools had fish sticks every Friday.
A stunning public accommodation considering the basic anti Catholicism in American culture and history.

I wonder when God changed his mind about that? And who did he tell, exactly?
Gosh, I guess some Catholic clerics decided it wasn't necessary nor practical any more. Imagine religious institutions making decisions to change the way they do things....boggles the mind doesn't it. Fundamentalists would come unglued at the thought of changing any part of their ceremonies or doctrines. What would they do if they couldn't babble in tongues or play with rattlesnakes?

Priests are in the forgiving business but why don't lefties forgive poor Kim Davis? She didn't kill anyone. Maybe it's a step in the right direction when the left admits that women who endure abortions suffer from stress and doubts.

And who made that interpretation for you? Did you do your own theological studies to arrive at those conclusions? Or did someone else do that for you?

I don't blindly follow anyone or accept anything anyone tells me on 'good faith'.

I think if Republicans can forgive a serial adulterer Democrat who has had four marriages, they can forgive a woman who has had an abortion.

Easy peasey!

Just so long as that woman who had the abortion hates gays.

I don't blindly follow anyone or accept anything anyone tells me on 'good faith'.
Evidently you do.

Priests are in the forgiving business but why don't lefties forgive poor Kim Davis? She didn't kill anyone. Maybe it's a step in the right direction when the left admits that women who endure abortions suffer from stress and doubts.
I didn't know political constituencies dispensed forgiveness. You learn something new every day.

The Catholic church is and has always been first and foremost haters of Jesus Christ and His followers the born again Christians AND the Jews! That is who the Catholic church is targeting because it is the church that Satan built. Who does Satan hate? The Body of Christ (which is the one true Church - denomination makes no difference so long as they believe & preach the Bible) and the Jewish people!
14y848.jpg

He's got a record a mile long. And he's a Catholic.

Forum List

Back