Pope calls for abolition of the death penalty

Very true.....interesting which countries you want our morality to line up with
Has nothing to do with morality.

It's justice for the victim and their family......take a life.......forfeit yours. ...... :cool:

Eye for an eye justice is not civilized or moral

It's justice.

abortion is neither civilized or moral, but you can't seem to get enough of it.

Abortion is the law of the land and is available in most of the world
Most countries do not allow the death penalty

Cue conservative outrage

Pope calls for abolition of death penalty in address to Congress

Francis says that every life is sacred and society can only benefit from rehabilitating those convicted of crimes.
The pope noted that U.S. bishops have renewed their call to abolish capital punishment. That idea is unpopular, however, with many American politicians
I'm against the death penality, but I don't think the leader of the Catholic church has the right to tell anyone to change their laws until the Catholic church abolishes their stance against birth control and abortion. The world is over populated as it is, and growing in leaps and bounds; plus, a great many of the people having too many children are 3rd world Catholics whose children grow up in poverty and suffering.

Why do you keep coming up with this "most" nonsense?

You even admitted earlier in the thread that the majority countries and the world's population allow the death penalty. ...... :cool:

You seem to struggle with the concept of most countries and most population...they are not the same

However, almost all nations that are modern Democracies have given up on the death penalty....except the US
And the US uses it almost exclusively in Jesusland

It's justice for the victim and their family......take a life.......forfeit yours. ...... :cool:

It's justice.

Not arguing the point, just appealing to the masses and authority.

Typical of you, you useless, dime store hack.

It's justice.

Actually most countries do. So far you've been wrong on absolutely everything you claimed on this thread and you're embarrassing those of us who oppose the death penalty based on principle and facts.

You seem to struggle with the concept of most countries and most population...they are not the same

However, almost all nations that are modern Democracies have given up on the death penalty....except the US
And the US uses it almost exclusively in Jesusland
Changing the goal post is the tactic of a loser.....but I understand your debate desperation.

btw Exactly were is Jesusland?

I live in New England in the heart of the liberal democrat stronghold called Boston and there are large christian/catholic churches everywhere. ....... :cool:

One of my clients was executed. I wasn't supposed to go but the inmate outlived most of the defense team. As the only survivor of that firm I went to view the execution. It was very fast and rather sterile. Certainly leagues more humane than the dirtbag gave to the boys he killed.

One of my biggest problems with abolishing the death penalty and warehousing these murderers for life is economic.

From what I understand it costs the US taxpayer $50-60 thousand dollars per year per prisoner to keep these convicts locked up.

That is the price per semester of a Harvard/Yale/Princeton/Duke education.

Wouldn't it make more sense to carry out the death penalty and then use the money to educate our young people? ...... :cool:

Suddenly the Left admires Religion and agrees with the Pope?

Francis is a Jesuit and should have never become the Pope. Doesn't matter WHAT he says.

It's justice.

Actually most countries do. So far you've been wrong on absolutely everything you claimed on this thread and you're embarrassing those of us who oppose the death penalty based on principle and facts.

No other countries in North America
No European countries
No South American countries
No Austrailia
No Russia

Name the countries who you want us to be like

One of my biggest problems with abolishing the death penalty and warehousing these murderers for life is economic.

From what I understand it costs the US taxpayer $50-60 thousand dollars per year per prisoner to keep these convicts locked up.

That is the price per semester of a Harvard/Yale/Princeton/Duke education.

Wouldn't it make more sense to carry out the death penalty and then use the money to educate our young people? ...... :cool:

The US executed 35 people last year.
We have 2,200,000 in prison in this country. I don't think an extra 35 is a burden

Forum List

Back