Poor Arrested Illegals' Children

Two separate subjects here. The prevalent "anti" feeling is anti-ILLEGAL- immigrant. The reason for it is they are undermining our social infresctructure, taking from it and not giving. The burden of supporting it is left to us legal taxpayers.

As far as immigration period goes, I think it needs to be completely revamped. The opportunities are not there. Sure they want to better their lives, but do we allow them the opportunity at the expense of US born citizens? When the opportunities become finite, we need to take care of our own first.

I agree. More to the point regarding Jillian's post, the nativists feelings towards the Chinese were evident by the Chinese exclusion act, of which I've a feeling she is aware and ignoring. As the grandchild of 4 Irish immigrants I'm well aware of the discrimination they faced, while NOT entering illegally.

As Gunny said, the issues today are directed at illegals, not any racial/ethnic/religious group. Just illegals.

oh and on anchor babies:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/03/08/223338.php

Texas Introduces Bill to Challenge 14th Amendment
Written by Charles Signorile
Published March 08, 2007

14th Amendment
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

This is the clause of the 14th Amendment which Texas has introduced new legislation in order to combat. The Bill HB 28, is aimed at denying State benefits to children born in the state to parents in the Country illegally. The text of the bill states:

Sec. 2352.003. ELIGIBILITY. An individual to whom this chapter applies is not entitled to and may not receive any benefit provided by this state or a political subdivision of this state, including:

1. a grant, contract, loan, professional license, or commercial license provided by an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state or by appropriated funds of this state or a political subdivision of this state;

2. employment by this state or a political subdivision of this state;

3. a retirement payment or other benefit received on account of the status of the individual as a former employee or officer of this state or a political subdivision of this state;

4. public assistance benefits, including welfare payments, food stamps, or food assistance from this state or a political subdivision of this state;

5. health care or public assistance health benefits;

6. disability benefits or assistance;

7. public housing or public housing assistance;

8. instruction in primary or secondary education;

9. instruction from a public institution of higher education; and

10. an unemployment benefit.

The Bill was introduced with the obvious purpose of saving Texas taxpayers the burden of supporting children born in this country by parents who came here illegally. Unfortunately for the State of Texas, even if this bill is passed it will have no legal standing.

This piece of legislation is in direct conflict with the 14th Amendment which states "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States". By passing this bill, Texas would be abridging the privileges of a person born in this country and therefore a citizen.

Due to the unfortunate wording and lack of foresight on behalf of the Texas Legislator's who drafted the bill; the right to challenge the citizenship status of children born to illegal parents will most likely be denied in Court when this bill is inevitably challenged. One simple sentence added to the text of this bill could have, and can still, save it from certain doom.

I have mixed feelings on this subject. It seems to me that there are times that people are so desperate to make a better life that they don't wait for, or can't access, for whatever reason, a legal means of coming here.

As I said in my initial post. I don't know what the answer is. I really don't. But I don't think losing compassion is it.

Jilly, libs have been saying what a lousy country the US is. Why would anyone want to come to a racist, money worshipping, war loving, redneck filled nation?

I agree. More to the point regarding Jillian's post, the nativists feelings towards the Chinese were evident by the Chinese exclusion act, of which I've a feeling she is aware and ignoring. As the grandchild of 4 Irish immigrants I'm well aware of the discrimination they faced, while NOT entering illegally.

As Gunny said, the issues today are directed at illegals, not any racial/ethnic/religious group. Just illegals.

oh and on anchor babies:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/03/08/223338.php

It might not have legal standing as you say, but if passed, WILL force the issue on the Fed whether or not they want to ignore it.

Don't call it deportation. Call it "reintegrating" the children with the parents. When the parents of those children have met the qualifications for becoming a "legal alien" then the whole family can return.

Ooh. I love it. 1984-type double speak.

Anyone born on American soil is an American citizen and can't be "deported".

Two separate subjects here. The prevalent "anti" feeling is anti-ILLEGAL- immigrant. The reason for it is they are undermining our social infresctructure, taking from it and not giving. The burden of supporting it is left to us legal taxpayers.

As far as immigration period goes, I think it needs to be completely revamped. The opportunities are not there. Sure they want to better their lives, but do we allow them the opportunity at the expense of US born citizens? When the opportunities become finite, we need to take care of our own first.

I know you think they're two separate subjects. But the way I see it, those subjects are interrelated to such a significant degree that I don't believe they can be separated.

As for undermining our social infrastructure, every immigrant group has said that about the ones that follow. Additionally, these people DON'T take opportunities from native born citizens because U.S. citizens won't pick crops, clean pools or watch your kids for pennies.

Interestingly, I recently went to a seminar where Mark Burnett (he's the guy who created Survivor and The Apprentice) was one of the speakers (along with Michael Eisner, Lance Armstrong and Bill Clinton, though that's neither here nor there). He came here with $200 in his pocket intending to be one of Ollie North's mercenaries. Instead, he decided to stay here. He was an illegal immigrant working as a live-in nanny (believe it or not) for a family in, I think, Beverly Hills. He's now a citizen. He's certainly productive. But his status wasn't any different than any other illegal.

A bit different, no? Robbing a bank is a criminal act. Being a migrant farmworker isn't. :eusa_doh:

How humane is it to pay illegals a penny an hour ? Not all that far from slavery which I'm sure America will be accused of next. Remember that you were all for luring illegals over here and then paying them slave wages.

The illegal immigrant come here they know they can get deported but they still have children here and expose them to their illegal lifestyle. The reasons they have the children here is because they know Americans will let them stay cause their children are born in America. They use their children as a fast ticket to stay here. They should be made to take the children back with them until they reach 18 and then the children can come back if they want.

They put their children in this problem. They did it and they knew they were illegal. Why do they do this to their children. I would never involve my children in illegal acts or leave them in another country just so I can get citizenship.
This is thier fault not AMericas.

It does not matter what kind of job the illegals do. This is about them entering into another country illegally and having children in that country so they can stay. Believe me when they become legal they will not want those jobs either. They start their lives in this country illegally and then have children born into their illegal lifestyles. They are not showing thier children that you should not do illegal behaviors. How are these children going to know that doing bad things will get you in trouble when they see the illegal behaviors that thier parents committed being rewarded by anmensty, guess worker programs, medical care and other services. They will only see that crime does pay in AMerica

It does not matter what type of crime you commit, it is that you committed one.

Entering into a country illegally is illegal

Robbing a bank is illegal

Flashing a person in public is illegal

You should not do any illegal behaviors especially if you have children and you are suppose to teach them good values.

Do not make excuses for those who cross illegally into this country. The act was illegal.

We all want better lives and want a better house to live in, more food on the table and a better car to drive but, a better life never starts with illegal behaviors.

If you want to fight for the immigrants do so but, do not make excuses for their illegal behaviors or that they drag their children into the illegal lifestyle.

If you do not use the facts then your arguement is flat.

Tell me why illegal immigrants should get away and reward with anmensty for their illegal behaviors. When Americans are setting in jail because they wanted a better car to drive or clothes for their children and they committed an illegal act to obtain those things they wanted to improve theri lifestyles.

I know this man in Baltimore that worked two jobs. One as a fry cook and one as a janitor. He could not even pay all his bills they stayed in a house without electric as times and without food at times. He was a good man and finally one day he did an illegal act by robbing a bank. He was upset cause his child was sick and needed health care and he did not quailfy for medical. So he robbed the bank cause he did not know what else to do. Now, his family if on welfare and he is in prison. He wanted a better life but, look at what the illegal behavior did to his family. He could not even get the services for his child that these illegals are being given. I last saw this man when I left Baltimore at the age of 17 but, I remenber how sad that was for everyone concerned.

See illegal behavior always lead to a bad life not a better life. If you want to help those people make them enter into our country the correct way or leave for good.

A bit different, no? Robbing a bank is a criminal act. Being a migrant farmworker isn't. :eusa_doh:

so is being hear ILLEGALLY

What part of the ILLEGALLY don't you understand?

The US is being invaded and BOTH parties need to wake up to that fact

It does not matter what type of crime you commit, it is that you committed one.

Entering into a country illegally is illegal

Robbing a bank is illegal

Flashing a person in public is illegal

You should not do any illegal behaviors especially if you have children and you are suppose to teach them good values.

Do not make excuses for those who cross illegally into this country. The act was illegal.

We all want better lives and want a better house to live in, more food on the table and a better car to drive but, a better life never starts with illegal behaviors.

If you want to fight for the immigrants do so but, do not make excuses for their illegal behaviors or that they drag their children into the illegal lifestyle.

If you do not use the facts then your arguement is flat.

Tell me why illegal immigrants should get away and reward with anmensty for their illegal behaviors. When Americans are setting in jail because they wanted a better car to drive or clothes for their children and they committed an illegal act to obtain those things they wanted to improve theri lifestyles.

I know this man in Baltimore that worked two jobs. One as a fry cook and one as a janitor. He could not even pay all his bills they stayed in a house without electric as times and without food at times. He was a good man and finally one day he did an illegal act by robbing a bank. He was upset cause his child was sick and needed health care and he did not quailfy for medical. So he robbed the bank cause he did not know what else to do. Now, his family if on welfare and he is in prison. He wanted a better life but, look at what the illegal behavior did to his family. He could not even get the services for his child that these illegals are being given. I last saw this man when I left Baltimore at the age of 17 but, I remenber how sad that was for everyone concerned.

See illegal behavior always lead to a bad life not a better life. If you want to help those people make them enter into our country the correct way or leave for good.

the way our laws are writen, there is a huge difference.

breaking our immigration law is a CIVIL offence.....not even a misdemeanor, from what i understand.

Stealing is a CRIMINAL offence, a FELONY.

people are not put in jail for civil offences... in general they are fined in judgement.

so, there is no weight to our imigration laws.

one more thing, IF we fined HEAVILY those industries that HIRE these people illegally, we would END our illegal immigration in a nonosecond!

if there were no jobs to be had for them illegally, they would not come. we have american citizens breaking the law....they should be the ones that our government comes down on BIG TIME!

care

BINGO! Care!

This has all come about because no one wanted to go after the ones who are truely causing this.

If you dont like illegals DONT do business with them or anyone who does.

Vote for reps who will make laws against hiring them have WIEGHT!

The funny thing is is the ones who scream the loudest on this one are the ones who support the Corps ability to do ANYTHING they wat to do.

The keep government off the back of business people are the ones who have caused this.

the way our laws are writen, there is a huge difference.

breaking our immigration law is a CIVIL offence.....not even a misdemeanor, from what i understand.

Stealing is a CRIMINAL offence, a FELONY.

people are not put in jail for civil offences... in general they are fined in judgement.

so, there is no weight to our imigration laws.

one more thing, IF we fined HEAVILY those industries that HIRE these people illegally, we would END our illegal immigration in a nonosecond!

if there were no jobs to be had for them illegally, they would not come. we have american citizens breaking the law....they should be the ones that our government comes down on BIG TIME!

care

I agree. Part of stopping illegal immigration is taking away the incentive. Come down on the employers hard enough and hit them HARD where they live -- in their wallets -- and part of the issue is solved.

BINGO! Care!

This has all come about because no one wanted to go after the ones who are truely causing this.

If you dont like illegals DONT do business with them or anyone who does.

Vote for reps who will make laws against hiring them have WIEGHT!

The funny thing is is the ones who scream the loudest on this one are the ones who support the Corps ability to do ANYTHING they wat to do.

The keep government off the back of business people are the ones who have caused this.

Yes TM, here in the usa, businesses that hire them are truely a problem and some weight to the penalties need to be instituted and ENFORCED. (From what I have read, we only had 5 cases of breaking our immigration laws filed against businesses here in the usa.)

But there truely is an even bigger problem that is causing this, and that is the inability for Mexicans to find decent paying jobs in their own country....(you don't see Americans crossing other borders illegally just to get a job that pays enough to put food on the table or a decent life)

We have a good economy, although it may have its ups and downs. We still are the land of opportunity.

The Mexican gvts approach to their abject poverty situation has been to give their citizens instructions on how to cross the dessert or the Rio Grande safely. :(

I really can't understand or even know enough about their economy to say why? It seems that all of these Mexicans that have come here are very hard working people and willing to spend their money on the nicer things they've learned to appreciate here in the usa....and in their own country's somewhat, I would imagine? But if all of these Mexicans that have had to come here illegally were in their own country working as hard as they are here and contribute the amount they do here to our gdp to their own country's gdp, you would think they could have a strong economy imo?

Anyway, Mexican govt policy and regulations and entrpeneurship is lacking and the true bottom line cause of this situation, along with those businesses that hire them, and along with our ridiculously low quotas for green cards and work visa that are in our laws, again...imo! :)

Care

Yes TM, here in the usa, businesses that hire them are truely a problem and some weight to the penalties need to be instituted and ENFORCED. (From what I have read, we only had 5 cases of breaking our immigration laws filed against businesses here in the usa.)

But there truely is an even bigger problem that is causing this, and that is the inability for Mexicans to find decent paying jobs in their own country....(you don't see Americans crossing other borders illegally just to get a job that pays enough to put food on the table or a decent life)

We have a good economy, although it may have its ups and downs. We still are the land of opportunity.

The Mexican gvts approach to their abject poverty situation has been to give their citizens instructions on how to cross the dessert or the Rio Grande safely. :(

I really can't understand or even know enough about their economy to say why? It seems that all of these Mexicans that have come here are very hard working people and willing to spend their money on the nicer things they've learned to appreciate here in the usa....and in their own country's somewhat, I would imagine? But if all of these Mexicans that have had to come here illegally were in their own country working as hard as they are here and contribute the amount they do here to our gdp to their own country's gdp, you would think they could have a strong economy imo?

Anyway, Mexican govt policy and regulations and entrpeneurship is lacking and the true bottom line cause of this situation, along with those businesses that hire them, and along with our ridiculously low quotas for green cards and work visa that are in our laws, again...imo! :)

Care

Care, there is no reason for the people in Mexico to be poor - except for government corruption

Mexico is # 6 in production of oil

and #1 in production of silver

Where is all this money going?

La Raza, motherfuckers...

dont act too crazy when you figure out that they are here to stay... Id hate for any of you to react violently or anything.

La Raza, motherfuckers...

dont act too crazy when you figure out that they are here to stay... Id hate for any of you to react violently or anything.

I'm sure there will be violence eventually, and it's going to be those dirtpoor illegals that bear the brunt of it. Ought to play right into your "victim" status way of thinking perfectly.

will a couple rounds of flaring violence against percieved mexican invaders give you that "napalm in the morning" feeling enough to drive home your opinion that OUR behaviour operates in a vacuum void of historic hindsight?

fuckem, right?

will a couple rounds of flaring violence against percieved mexican invaders give you that "napalm in the morning" feeling enough to drive home your opinion that OUR behaviour operates in a vacuum void of historic hindsight?

fuckem, right?

There is no "our" to it. You have already established the fact that you operate out of hate, envy and revisionist history. You allegedly are a taxpayer in this nation, yet you're willing to cut your own throat to revel in the destruction of it.

I stated the violence would come. That statement neither supports that violence, nor threatens violence on my part. It merely states that, IMO, it's going to happen.

It's going to happen because our laws and our border are not enforced, our politicians are legislating against the will of the people, and it's costing US the taxpayers bigtime. When that feeling of frustration and/or impotence builds to a certain level, it's going to explode, and the easiest targets are the illegals themselves.

Forum List

Back