Poop Power in D.C.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Can't think of a place where more of it is generated!

thermal-hydrolysis-DC-Water-620x407.jpg

330 million gallons of waste water turned into 10 megawatts of electricity.

It is close to Capitol Hill?

Story @ D.C. Utility Using Tech ‘Never Before Used in North America’ to Turn Poop Into Power

isn't this the same tech used in california where food waste is added to sewage sludge and sent to digesters where bacterial action produces methane. They produce 30% more energy than takes to run the sewage treatment plant.

isn't this the same tech used in california where food waste is added to sewage sludge and sent to digesters where bacterial action produces methane. They produce 30% more energy than takes to run the sewage treatment plant.
in 1890 new york city turned shit to oil and today that kind of bio mass oil can produce HDRD which is sold without label on pump and can be sols at any percentage up to 100%.
if sewage solids gasified / converted to syngas then shell's ft process can produce diesel and lpg , davy process / exxon mtg gasoline, primus gasoline , bacterial reactor to butanol

Chrysler mechanic?
Talk about job security.
never made a dime on hybrids or electric vehicles. chrysler has talked a lot but done nothing. 1998 80 mpg 3 cylinder diesel electric intrepid = too expensive but we built the viper a 10 mpg car and not much cheaper.

I'm referring to their penchant for breaking down.
Jeep.....JustEmptyEveryPocket.

Chrysler mechanic?
Talk about job security.
never made a dime on hybrids or electric vehicles. chrysler has talked a lot but done nothing. 1998 80 mpg 3 cylinder diesel electric intrepid = too expensive but we built the viper a 10 mpg car and not much cheaper.

I'm referring to their penchant for breaking down.
Jeep.....JustEmptyEveryPocket.
in 1985 a gm tech at my first dealership advised me to specialize in chrysler. best advise ever got. have made a good living so far. today i seem to do nothing but recalls all day. never seen so many recalls.

What does all this stuff about fusion have to do with creating electricity out of poop and other waste? Just can't help yourselves, can you?
If there's a better answer, why not talk about it? As for poop, wasn't it you that couldn't help bringing it up?
www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/emerging_green.html
discovermagazine.com/2003/may/featoil/
hdrd can be produced from sewage by depolymerization.
www.discovermagazine.com/2003/may/featoil/

Forum List

Back