Ponder this thought about the national debt!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Shouldn't the people who hold 95% of the wealth of this country pay 95% of the national debt?

If yes, why.

If no, why not.

Shouldn't the people who hold 95% of the wealth of this country pay 95% of the national debt?

If yes, why.

If no, why not.

No, because they might get mad at us and stop giving us jobs

Shouldn't the Congressmen and Presidents who put us in this position in the first place pay 95% of the National Debt?

Shouldn't the Congressmen and Presidents who put us in this position in the first place pay 95% of the National Debt?

How do you propose to get them to do that? It is like someone saying 'WE need to give Congress a pay cut.' How the hell do WE do that? Members of Congress are the only ones who can vote on it! DUH!

IF reducing the debt were as important and as critical for our economy as the New Right is arguing, wouldn't they want to reduce it by sharing the pain and having everyone who pays income tax to pay an additional surtax on their 2011 tax bill? Let's all pay 5% more, to be used only for reducing our national debt.

Of course some cuts need to be made too, I suggest members of Congress show some leadership and foresake their government provided health care and cut their annual income by 5%; that both the Democratic National Committee and the Republican National Committe each donated 50% of the money they hold to reducing our national debt, and that any donator to a political action committee or any candidate also make an equal donation to retire our national debt.

We ask our young men and women to put themselves in harms way to protect our freedoms, yet most of us are unwilling to give money to protect our freedoms.

You do realize that this "95% of the nations debt"...was built on politics and policies that most wealthy people would have voted against 99% of the time?
So in what fairness would it be the right thing to ask them to burden the aftermath of those insane policies?

If yes, why.

If no, why not.

Taxes aren't paid based on wealth.

Taxes are paid based on income.

Where did I say anything about 'taxes'? This country has made their wealth possible. Surely you can look around and see how great the other 5% of the wealth is and then extrapolate how large the biggest 95% is. It would seem to me that those who have profited most from this country and our free enterprise system would step up and bail the system out instead of letting it fall on the backs of the work force. Ahh.. but that IS the way of history isn't it.

Can't you people who tilt at windmills for the 'rich' see that they have kept you in SUVs and designer tennies so you will think you have something and keep working. Honestly, I believe a LOT of people in this country have it figured out and that is why many of them refuse to work. They can do better making and selling meth than they can 'working for the man.'

Well, you know, let them eat cake and all that jazz.

Man oh man, we are doomed if people really think this way.

Maybe you could call on all your MILLIONIARE DEMOCRAT Representatives you all elect and ASK them pretty please would you USE ALL your monies you made in this country and put it towards the dept..

good grief.:lol:

We should start liquidating assests to pay off the debt.

Sell Alaska to the Russians or the Canadians, Hawaii to the Japanese, and Texas to Mexico.

Those properties could put a pretty good size dent in the debt.

Here is the part of the question that gets me... So let’s say you are one of the however many people that are in that 95% bracket... So one day BAM, you go from being "mega blindingly rich" to let’s say "meh rich" around let’s say 10 million in the bank. I'm being very simplistic here.

So the next part of the scenario is a question... "Now what?"

You now have a new 95% bracket of “mega rich” people and your problems are at best temporarily solved. Reality soon (and I mean soon lol) sets in that you more or less just caused UE to rise to 25% overnight and many others problems like mass uncertainty in the markets and anyone with any amount of money are now pulling all of their money out of the US so fast it boggles the mind, while making other countries rich that they shift their money to.

Or better, tell me how you would avoid a scenario similar to what I just described? We would be in a depression in less than 2 weeks if we did something as stupid as the OP suggests as a possibility.

I wonder how many support an option to have no rich people living in America, lol…

If yes, why.

If no, why not.

Oh look, the tired braindead hack farts out another boring 1 liner... So if rich people knew they were about to lose most if not all of their wealth the first thing you think they would do is stop giving us jobs? LOL... buddy, they won't be living here and neither will their capital faster than you can blink. Maybe you don't think there will be any consequences to that but hey, you're kind of an idiot sooo...

If yes, why.

If no, why not.

No.

It wasn't their spending practices that got us in this mess.
They weren't the ones that borrowed money to spend on things we do not need with no visible means to pay it back.

Just as it's not the other 5%'s place to pay off the other 5% of the debt.

The fed. gov't can make cuts and sell assets, just like Jackson did, to pay off the debt.

If yes, why.

If no, why not.

No.

It wasn't their spending practices that got us in this mess.
They weren't the ones that borrowed money to spend on things we do not need with no visible means to pay it back.

Just as it's not the other 5%'s place to pay off the other 5% of the debt.

The fed. gov't can make cuts and sell assets, just like Jackson did, to pay off the debt.

I have to differ on this. It is that 95% that OWNS congress. Bought and paid for. That 95% gets it like they want it EVERY time. IMO they need to pony up.

If yes, why.

If no, why not.

Oh look, the tired braindead hack farts out another boring 1 liner... So if rich people knew they were about to lose most if not all of their wealth the first thing you think they would do is stop giving us jobs? LOL... buddy, they won't be living here and neither will their capital faster than you can blink. Maybe you don't think there will be any consequences to that but hey, you're kind of an idiot sooo...

Gee, I thought they already HAD taken our jobs overseas and given what's left to illegal aliens in this country. :lol:

At least if you read the forums that's what has happened.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back