Polyamory

THe couples who started out as poly before marriage tend to be okay with being poly during marriage.

But if any member of a conventional couple says, after a regular marriage, that they think maybe the marriage should be "open" ... that's the kiss of death. The marriage is doomed. Just draw up the divorce papers and get it over with. Hell, if they said that, they're probably already cheating.

This lifestyle is practiced by only 5% of the population.

1712528527433.png

Are you sure it's only 5% of the population? I've been with at least 10%.

I think that as long as a person wants multiple husbands or wives and the they are all in agreement and consenting adults, it shouldn't matter how many wives or husbands a person has, is none of our business. To me, this is different than polyamory, whereby you just keep jumping anybody's bones.

Fuck that. One woman is enough.
And I damn sure aint sharing.
No kidding right?
The most detrimental food to a man's mental health is wedding cake.

One of those television shows detailing the lives of Mormon polygamists (all adults and no child brides) showed how the husband was extremely hen pecked. He didn't have time to even know his own children except for a few. Kinda a messed up lifestyle and life.

Then, from what I've been able to discover....(because it tends to be even more secretive)

When it's one woman and several men(polyandry)...the woman's teeth are a bit sharp for her to be attractive. The guys are wimpy and have no real character. She definitely wears the pants. The guys just provide her with luxuries. And she tends to be trashy. Again...as Blaster has said...these relationships end within the 5 year mark often. Polygamist relationships can and do last longer than polyandry relationships. (Strictly discussing all parties knowing the relationship they have entered into)

The cheaters? Once it used to be just men who cheated on their wives...now women are often just as guilty as men except women are usually more cunning than men so they get away with it more often and face fewer consequences.
However....DNA testing has been clarifying the issues.

Last edited:
The cheaters? Once it used to be just men who cheated on their wives...now women are often just as guilty as men except women are usually more cunning than men so they get away with it more often and face fewer consequences.
However....DNA testing has been clarifying the issues.
Most men fail to see the red flags but they are always there.

Most men fail to see the red flags but they are always there.

Yeah...no kidding. Young guys are getting conned by the truckload. They somehow think that dating a TicTok, OF or Instagram model is a big win. Even if they didn't engage in prostitution they are still damaged goods. High body counts are NOT a positive.

Character counts when it comes to relationships. Stable households always are happier, wealthier, and more resilient to life's problems. (Which always happen)

The covid shots are affecting women more than men. We may more men than women for a while. A war could wipe out many more men. New monasteries of new religions, same sex relationships, and polyamorous relationships may all absorb excess population of either sex at various times.

Imagine … not one, but two or more chicks to deal with, with all their insecurities and expectations and pms, spending … Jesus Christ!!

I doubt any man, ever, has actually wanted more than one wife

He just wanted some strange, but was restrained by moral/religious scruples.

The multiple wives thing in some religions is just a loophole

This lifestyle is responsible for the surge in STDs.

According to the link in the OP, "A 2014 study found that polyamorous individuals are more likely to engage in safer sex practices than swingers."

I was involved in the Poly/Kink community for a number of years. Poly and Kinksters are adamant about the use of condoms.

I think that as long as a person wants multiple husbands or wives and the they are all in agreement and consenting adults, it shouldn't matter how many wives or husbands a person has, is none of our business. To me, this is different than polyamory, whereby you just keep jumping anybody's bones.

Being open about your relationships and honest with your partners is critical. No secrets.

Forum List

Back