Pollyanna Rush

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Once again Rush demostrates the mewling idiocy of those on the far right.

Rush Limbaugh: Don't Touch the Oil Spill - 'Ocean will take care of this on its own'

Newser) – Seems Rush Limbaugh likes to chime in about how best to handle natural disasters: He's already speculated that the oil rig explosion in the Gulf was the work of devious environmentalists. But on True/Slant, Justin Gardner notes Limbaugh didn't stop there: "The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," he said. "It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is." As for God's creatures, "Well, the turtles may take a hit for a while, but so what? So do we!"

I think that even though Limbaugh is called a conservative talk host that most of his listeners are libbies.

Neither i nor any of my friends listen to him but all the dimmy progressives on this board seem to never miss a show.

Rush Limbaugh: Don't Touch the Oil Spill - 'Ocean will take care of this on its own'

Newser) – Seems Rush Limbaugh likes to chime in about how best to handle natural disasters: He's already speculated that the oil rig explosion in the Gulf was the work of devious environmentalists. But on True/Slant, Justin Gardner notes Limbaugh didn't stop there: "The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," he said. "It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is." As for God's creatures, "Well, the turtles may take a hit for a while, but so what? So do we!"

You don't think crude oil is natural?

I think that even though Limbaugh is called a conservative talk host that most of his listeners are libbies.

Neither i nor any of my friends listen to him but all the dimmy progressives on this board seem to never miss a show.

So where are the echoes of "Nature will take care of it" coming from here? No, I did not listen to the radio, the Oregonian newspaper ran an article on it, and just how stupid such a statement is. The oil from the Exxon Valdez is still poisoning the Prince William Sound. How many decades is this catastrophe going to continue damaging the life in the Gulf?

He also said that the area of the Valdez spill was now pristine.

What a FUCKING IDIOT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill#Cleanup_measures_and_environmental_consequences

Almost 20 years after the spill, a team of scientists at the University of North Carolina found that the effects are lasting far longer than expected.[18] The team estimates some shoreline Arctic habitats may take up to 30 years to recover.[5] Exxon Mobil denies any concerns over this, stating that they anticipated a remaining fraction that they assert will not cause any long-term ecological impacts, according to the conclusions of 350 peer-reviewed studies.[19] However, a study from scientists from the NOAA concluded that this contamination can produce chronic low-level exposure, discourage subsistence where the contamination is heavy, and decrease the "wilderness character" of the area.[14]

Last edited:

You don't think crude oil is natural?

Yeah. So is hydrochloric acid. Your own stomach produces it. Now go jump in some.

So where are the echoes of "Nature will take care of it" coming from here? No, I did not listen to the radio, the Oregonian newspaper ran an article on it, and just how stupid such a statement is. The oil from the Exxon Valdez is still poisoning the Prince William Sound. How many decades is this catastrophe going to continue damaging the life in the Gulf?

Why is it stupid? We all know that when you mix oil and water, the hydrocarbons spontaneously turn to water molecules! Furthermore, the carbon atoms aggregate, sink to the bottom of the ocean and turn into diamonds from the water pressure.

I mean, this would only be a problem if oil and water didn't mix, but we all know that's not true!

What a FUCKING IDIOT

Exxon Valdez oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Almost 20 years after the spill, a team of scientists at the University of North Carolina found that the effects are lasting far longer than expected.[18] The team estimates some shoreline Arctic habitats may take up to 30 years to recover.[5] Exxon Mobil denies any concerns over this, stating that they anticipated a remaining fraction that they assert will not cause any long-term ecological impacts, according to the conclusions of 350 peer-reviewed studies.[19] However, a study from scientists from the NOAA concluded that this contamination can produce chronic low-level exposure, discourage subsistence where the contamination is heavy, and decrease the "wilderness character" of the area.[14]

Wiki.
:lol:

"Today, years after the Oil Spill cleanup, efforts on some heavily oiled beaches have been reinstated, and with the help of Mother Nature, the Sound will recover more each year. Prince William Sound today flourishes with marine life, waterfowl, bottom fish, and salmon runs. Visit Valdez and see gorgeous Prince William Sound for yourself!"

Valdez, Alaska > History > 1989 Exxon Valdez Oil Spill

What a FUCKING IDIOT

Exxon Valdez oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki.
:lol:

Okay, here is the primary if you want to play that game.

18 years on, Exxon Valdez oil still pours into Alaskan waters | Business | The Guardian

"Today, years after the Oil Spill cleanup, efforts on some heavily oiled beaches have been reinstated, and with the help of Mother Nature, the Sound will recover more each year. Prince William Sound today flourishes with marine life, waterfowl, bottom fish, and salmon runs. Visit Valdez and see gorgeous Prince William Sound for yourself!"

Valdez, Alaska > History > 1989 Exxon Valdez Oil Spill

You mock someone for posting a wiki article and then have the moxie to refute it with a travel brochure from Valdez, Alaska?

What do yo think they were going to say: "Come to Valdez, where the oil slicks are getting smaller by the year!"

Forum List

Back