Polls

It's about busting up the unions to hamstring your political opposition.

Like I said nobody is forcing the unions to support one candidate over another.

And furthermore, nobody is forcing those people to take these jobs.

You're damn right it's about busting them up and it should be. They're parasites on every taxpaying citizen in the state.

I don't give 20 ounces of rat shit about who the unions decide to support. I don't want my tax dollars going to fund the political campaigns of politicians PERIOD! And as I pointed out in my previous response, the vast majority of the time that money is going to the Democrats, and you know that. And no, the unions members don't have a choice to support whoever they want. They have to go with what the majority decides and they are forced to hand their money over regardless. Unions abandon individualism for collectivism.

You're right. They don't have to take the job, but then extortion shouldn't have to be part of the agreement in order to take the job. What ever happened to freedom of choice?

Stop making excuses for corruption and kickbacks. FDR opposed the public sector unionizing for precisely this reason. It's a conflict of interest and it's shady ethics all the way around.

If a job involves taking compulsory dues then it's on you to take it or not. There is your choice.

You always have the option to take the job and try to change it from within but I don't see a bunch of union workers in Wisconsin thanking the governor for this awesome freedom of choice he dishonestly tried to force upon them that you speak of.

I don't want my tax dollars going to fund the political campaigns of politicians PERIOD! (WHAT?)
Then you better stop paying taxes altogether dumb ass, because the govt is giving billions away at the federal levels to corp who are turning around and using that money to influence politicians who vote them tax cuts and fewer restrictions that keep all of us safe.

and the people who brought us to our knees in this country were millionairs, who were at the top of corp's who lies, stealing of owed taxes, and the pushing of our country into wars for the purpose of defending major corps. They have cost us billions in reperation cost to other countries, so they could make the weapons that our young men get killed using them on other kids from other nations.

If you don't think that those who make billions and millions have a resposibility to our nation then you are a lost sole. They (the top wealthy) own 70% of everything in this country, and the top 1% makes 30% of all income, so basicly we(anyone who ain't rich) are all slaves to the system.

I don't want my tax dollars going to fund the political campaigns of politicians PERIOD! (WHAT?)
Then you better stop paying taxes altogether dumb ass, because the govt is giving billions away at the federal levels to corp who are turning around and using that money to influence politicians who vote them tax cuts and fewer restrictions that keep all of us safe.

and the people who brought us to our knees in this country were millionairs, who were at the top of corp's who lies, stealing of owed taxes, and the pushing of our country into wars for the purpose of defending major corps. They have cost us billions in reperation cost to other countries, so they could make the weapons that our young men get killed using them on other kids from other nations.

If you don't think that those who make billions and millions have a resposibility to our nation then you are a lost sole. They (the top wealthy) own 70% of everything in this country, and the top 1% makes 30% of all income, so basicly we(anyone who ain't rich) are all slaves to the system.

What percentage of investment does that same "top 1%" make?

TIA

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/us/01poll.html?_r=1&emc=na

Americans oppose weakening the bargaining rights of public employee unions by a margin of nearly two to one: 60 percent to 33 percent. While a slim majority of Republicans favored taking away some bargaining rights, they were outnumbered by large majorities of Democrats and independents who said they opposed weakening them.

threads *erged*

Anyone with a little bit of brains could ask to become an objector, so it isn't forced taking money to be in a union that goes to political use. So even if you join a union it doesn't mean you have to help in any way getting anyone elected.

The dummies on the right have no clue and they aren't smart enough to do any checking, they just want what Hanity, beck and Rush tell them should happen.

DUMB=REPUBLICAN STOOG

From the article:

The nationwide telephone poll was conducted Feb. 24-27 with 984 adults and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points for all adults. Of those surveyed, 20 percent said there was a union member in their household, and 25 percent said there was a public employee in their household.

Color me shocked that the "vast ajority" back collective bargaining.

Seriously, TM.... this is pathetic, even by your pathetic standards.

Of course they do, So do I. In most cases. However when you are talking about the Specific Situation of a State and it's employees, when the state is 3.5 Billion in the hole, you are talking about a wholly different situation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/us/01poll.html?_r=1&emc=na

Americans oppose weakening the bargaining rights of public employee unions by a margin of nearly two to one: 60 percent to 33 percent. While a slim majority of Republicans favored taking away some bargaining rights, they were outnumbered by large majorities of Democrats and independents who said they opposed weakening them.

Or...we could come up with the number polled at 984 to claim what we want so we ran the story.

Of course they do, So do I. In most cases. However when you are talking about the Specific Situation of a State and it's employees, when the state is 3.5 Billion in the hole, you are talking about a wholly different situation.

First Published Poll of voters conducted within the state of Wisconsin and was completed on Monday, February 21, 2011 and Tuesday, February 22, 2011.

• By 74-18, they back making state employees pay more for their health insurance.
• By 79-16, they support asking state workers contribute more toward their pensions.
• By 54-34, Wisconsin voters support ending the automatic deduction of union dues from state paychecks and support making unions collect dues from each member.
• By 66-30, they back limiting state workers’ pay increases to the rate of inflation unless voters approve a higher raise by a public referendum.

VOTERS OPPOSE CHANGING COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS

On the issue of limiting collective bargaining to wage and benefit issues, however, they break with the Governor, opposing the proposal by 41-54.

If the issues to be taken off the bargaining table are related to giving schools flexibility to modify tenure, pay teachers based on merit, discharge bad teachers and promote good ones, however, they support such limits on collective bargaining by 58-38.

They didn't get there working for an hr. wage.

Why is a dollar I make bending my back, working my ass off taxed at a different tax rate than your income because you made it with taking the money I paid you and investing it.

Why do ordinary people end up paying upwards of 35% of what they make in some form of tax to help run this country, and those within the top 15% pay like a total of 22% of their total income in taxes?

The average guy after paying for living esp, and what it takes to be able to have and keep a job along with all the taxes we are exposed maybe have 10% left for things like savings, college, vacations or other things like maybe a new boat every 20 years, while thos who are getting everything they can and crying all the way to the bank have maybe 70% left after paying for all their living cost and taxes.
The average guy who is in this to have a family amd live the american dream of kids, a home and maybe the possibity of retirement on a modest income is who these people at the top are using to produce their hugh gains, but people like you think we are parasites.

Why is a dollar I make bending my back, working my ass off taxed at a different tax rate than your income because you made it with taking the money I paid you and investing it.

Why do ordinary people end up paying upwards of 35% of what they make in some form of tax to help run this country, and those within the top 15% pay like a total of 22% of their total income in taxes?

The average guy after paying for living esp, and what it takes to be able to have and keep a job along with all the taxes we are exposed maybe have 10% left for things like savings, college, vacations or other things like maybe a new boat every 20 years, while thos who are getting everything they can and crying all the way to the bank have maybe 70% left after paying for all their living cost and taxes.
The average guy who is in this to have a family amd live the american dream of kids, a home and maybe the possibity of retirement on a modest income is who these people at the top are using to produce their hugh gains, but people like you think we are parasites.

If you were as smart as those in the top 15%, you would only pay 22% as well.

But you're not.

And you don't.

We need folks like you too.

OMG the biggest right wing nut on the planet DICK MORRIS, and he does it with less than half of what the orther poll was done under.
The difference is the first poll was done to find out a result, the Morris poll was done to get a result.

You guys actually have the balls to talk about other polls when you put this garbage out there. LOL on a republican could do this and not blink an eye.

It's not got nothing to do with being smart, it's got a lot to do with being able to walk on people and think of them as trash in most cases.
Why is it the top corp leaders in other countries make like 20/40 times what those under them average, but in the USA they make upwards of 200 times?
Why is it in time of war we have always raised taxes, but Bush lowered taxes?
Why do corp's and top wealthy spend so much hiding their income and wealth so they don't have to pay their fare share which in turns cost the middle class more to make up the difference?

If you were as smart as those in the top 15%, you would only pay 22% as well.

But you're not.

And you don't.

We need folks like you too.

and once again, are you home schooled, or do they allow you to be on the compq 24 hrs a day at the young republicans home. 14 stands for 14 years old

and this is what is wrong with america, little pups like this one are taught from day one that they are above everyone else. They see how it works, you crush anyone who gets in the way because your entitled.

and once again, are you home schooled, or do they allow you to be on the compq 24 hrs a day at the young republicans home. 14 stands for 14 years old

and this is what is wrong with america, little pups like this one are taught from day one that they are above everyone else. They see how it works, you crush anyone who gets in the way because your entitled.

So you're saying you understand and take full advantage of the Tax Code?

Silver is up around .50 cents today, which means my silver is worth about $10,000 more than it was this morning. That's right, I have potentially made $10,000 while sitting on my ass this morning, all because of work, investment, and decisions I made YEARS AGO.

Should I pay taxes on that, if I'm just going to leave it sitting there for another 10 years?

BTW.....I'm not 14.

I'm 000011 soon to be 100011

If a job involves taking compulsory dues then it's on you to take it or not. There is your choice.

It shouldn't be compulsory, that's the point, and in Right to Work states, it's not.

You always have the option to take the job and try to change it from within but I don't see a bunch of union workers in Wisconsin thanking the governor for this awesome freedom of choice he dishonestly tried to force upon them that you speak of.

Of they course they don't support what he's doing. He's reducing their benefits. Most of them didn't vote for him in the first place. He's not buying their votes with promises of rivers of honey like the past governors have done. Past politicians have bribed them with unsustainable benefits in exchange for their votes and that is why Wisconsin and several other states are in the situation they are currently in. That is precisely the reason why public sector unions shouldn't be allowed to exist.

"Hey, vote for me and I'll make sure all of your neighbors pay your health insurance premiums for you! It doesn't matter that in a few years the state will be filing bankruptcy because of it. I'll be out of office by then and it will be someone else's problem to deal with, so what the hell do I care!"

It's a corrupt game of you scratch my back, I scratch yours, which is what Roosevelt predicted would happen and now Rome is burning down because of it.

And where did I say I supported corporate welfare? Hmmm??

If you don't think that those who make billions and millions have a resposibility to our nation then you are a lost sole.

Nope. I just checked the bottom of my shoes. I still have both of my soles.

I'm the one who understands the difference between sole and soul, so tell us again who the dumb ass is, dumb ass.

Anyone with a little bit of brains could ask to become an objector, so it isn't forced taking money to be in a union that goes to political use.

Uh, what? Care to repeat that in English? Nice sentence structure there, dumb ass.

DUMB=REPUBLICAN STOOG

A stoog? What's a stoog? Can you define stoog for us, dumb ass?

It's nobody's fault but yours that you are too much of a dumb ass to make more money.

Hugh gains? Hugh who? Hugh Laurie? Hugh Jackman? Which Hugh are you referring to and what is he gaining?

Dumb ass.

Forum List

Back