Prime example of waste, coruption and fraud by unions and liberal politicians.

Wicked Jester

Libsmackin'chef
Aug 4, 2009
So. Cal, Malibu!
This story is blowing up in the Los Angeles area.

The unions involved are scurrying away from it as fast as they can. Their corruption and shoddy workmanship is appalling.

The liberal dominated board of trustees are cackling like hens trying to distance themselves from the inevitable. Only one on the board, a conservative, did not take campaign contributions from union contractors working on the bond program being investigated.......Click on the photo's of the trustees for more information about them......You will clearly see where their allegiance lies.

This is a week long story by the LA Times........All TV news outlets are all over it also.

Billions to spend: Waste throws a wrench into Los Angeles community colleges' massive project - latimes.com

If I were to post a link to substandard work done by a non-union outfit would that even the debate?

Honest, I believe unions have problems in modern society. They also have a purpose they must find again. Perhaps this is their time of pain.

Looks to me that large companys cut corners and people who weren't cabable were put in charge. But I see nothing where it's about workers doing things that weren't supped to be done by them. I have worked construction and I can tell you, you don't make changes that aren't in the plans that were drawn up.

But as usual you try to put blame on things going wrong using any little thing you can as proof of what you want to believe. I'm sure all they have to do is make the unions pay for it, take a pay cut and pay more for their benefits, and give up their rights to bargin.

Sounds to me the guy who they trusted almost everything to is the one who was at fault here. and not everything ended up being bad or done wrong. But they should get to the bottom of it and if anyone was crooked they should pay the price, but being incompetent isn't alway meaning your crooked.

Looks to me that large companys cut corners and people who weren't cabable were put in charge. But I see nothing where it's about workers doing things that weren't supped to be done by them. I have worked construction and I can tell you, you don't make changes that aren't in the plans that were drawn up.

But as usual you try to put blame on things going wrong using any little thing you can as proof of what you want to believe. I'm sure all they have to do is make the unions pay for it, take a pay cut and pay more for their benefits, and give up their rights to bargin.

Sounds to me the guy who they trusted almost everything to is the one who was at fault here. and not everything ended up being bad or done wrong. But they should get to the bottom of it and if anyone was crooked they should pay the price, but being incompetent isn't alway meaning your crooked.
LMAO!

Yeah, those highly skilled union workers couldn't figure out the steps were crooked, or the HVAC systems were installed upside down, or the ceiling tiles would fall in an earthquake. Are you telling me those highly skilled, crack union workers couldn't read a set of fucking blueprints. They couldn't tell upon the opening of the one building that the plumbing was defective, the floors were cracked, and the windows were leaking. That they were using cracked and/or wet lumber during construction?

Seriously, you union apologists are friggin' hilarious.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
And here we are in Wisconsin where the Union Leaders(and whomever handles the funds) pisses off millions that were supposed to be used to cover future liabilities/compensation/union retirements and instead they blow it to elect Obama. and now they blame the New Governor for this mess? and he is also Hitler because he can't print up 3 billion dollars to appease the Wisconsin Union Members?:confused:

Lets take a look at the board of trustees who are involved in this scam, and where their true alliegance lies. All but one are in bed with the contractors and union thugs:

Sylvia Scott-Hayes,59...Democrat. Highland Park Ca....Former Cal State L.A. administrator and executive recruiter for colleges.....Background: Long involved in eastside politics....Trustee since:1999

Tina Park, 35...independent. Koreatown....Former New York stock exchange auditor....Background: Only trustee who has not collected campaign contributions from contractors working on the bond program. First to sound alarm of waste and abuse....Trustee since: May, 2009

Nancy Pearlman, 62....Green Party, Pico Robertson district....Environmental advocate, producer and host of educational programming for TV and radio....Background: Former Green Party activist....Trustee since: 2001

Mona Field, 57....Democrat, Eagle Rock Ca....Retired political professor, Glendale community college....Background: A strong supporter of faculty unions....Trustee since: 1999

Miguel Santiago, 37....Democrat, Winnetka Ca....Consultent, state Assembly Democratic caucus....Background: Managed the 2009 congressional campaign of Representative Judy Chu (D-Monterey Park Ca.)....Trustee since: 2008

Kelly Candaele, 56....Democrat, Brentwood Ca....Documentary filmaker, consultent to labor groups.... Background: Former policy director for the L.A. County Federation of Labor....Trustee since: 1997

Georgia Mercer, 69....Democrat, Beverly Hills Ca....Board President. Former Planned Parenthood public affairs director....Background: West San Fernando Valley deputy for then Mayor Richard Riordan....Trustee since: 1998

Last edited:

Forum List

Back