Polls show US Jews prefer Obama 3-1

Palin... pro-Israel... yeah. No.

Sorry, I'm not electing a Vice President who's never been to Israel or even visited a Synogogue. She probably doesn't even know what the Torah is.
Obama Visits Israel 'to Win Jewish Votes' - Middle East Times
On his first visit to the volatile Middle East as the U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama sought to sell his pledge to directly engage in a peace process, should he become president, but his 36-hour stop in Israel – with a little time in the West Bank – appeared more of a campaign attempt to win over Jewish votes back in the United States.

But you will vote for a President that has been to Israel once....:eusa_whistle:

Because this woman's intellect is about as far ranging as the legnth that I would throw a refrigerator with one hand. She's very narrow-minded in her views, which means she finds a view she likes and she sticks to it and doesn't spend time researching alternative points of view to learn more. She found her religion, great, but has she explored the origins of her religion? Does she know who Rabbi Yesheweh is?

I don't really care---that is not anything I demand of a VP candidate or any candidate for that matter.

If she's not jewish .. why should she know what a "Torah" is

Because Christianity as a whole, unless I've landed in some alternate reality, is supposed to teach what they call "The Old Testmaent" as well as the "The New Testament." According to my sources and I can confirm this if needed, the Torah, the first five books of Moses, is part of the Christians deem "The Old Testament." You know, G-d created the Earth in six days and on the seventh day he rested, etc.

If someone says they understand the needs and the wants of Jewish voters, then that would mean they understand Jews. To understand Jews, you would have to understand Judaism. How many temples do they got up there in Wasilla?

Or more importantly why do you have to kiss Israel's ass to be president ?
Seriously---what power to they hold over US politics ?

Have you seen the middle east lately? Isn't it nice to have a base of operations and an ally in there where you're welcome?

Because Christianity as a whole, unless I've landed in some alternate reality, is supposed to teach what they call "The Old Testmaent" as well as the "The New Testament." According to my sources and I can confirm this if needed, the Torah, the first five books of Moses, is part of the Christians deem "The Old Testament." You know, G-d created the Earth in six days and on the seventh day he rested, etc.

If someone says they understand the needs and the wants of Jewish voters, then that would mean they understand Jews. To understand Jews, you would have to understand Judaism. How many temples do they got up there in Wasilla?

In other words---she's not a jew--got it ! ty

There are roughly 5.5 million jews in America and that's not all of voting age. Doesn't seem like that big of a coup to me

Here's a flash back to 8th grade american history class.

We don't elect presidents with a popular, national vote. We elect them at the state level through the electoral college.

There's even less cuban americans than there are jewish americans. But since cuban americans, and jewish americans are so disproportionately represented in a key swing state like Florida, their tiny numbers at the national level are disproportionately more important because of the florida vote.

Obama Visits Israel 'to Win Jewish Votes' - Middle East Times
On his first visit to the volatile Middle East as the U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama sought to sell his pledge to directly engage in a peace process, should he become president, but his 36-hour stop in Israel – with a little time in the West Bank – appeared more of a campaign attempt to win over Jewish votes back in the United States.

But you will vote for a President that has been to Israel once....:eusa_whistle:

Yes.

Palin's church's feelings about Jews:

First came reports that her pastor at the nondenominational Wasilla Bible Church was connected to Jews for Jesus, an organization that seeks to convert Jews to Christianity.
And finally, a videotape surfaced of a 2005 service at the Wasilla Assembly of God Church, the Pentecostal church that Palin attended for most of her life. In the scene captured on video, Palin stands at the front of the sanctuary while a visiting African pastor prays that God will help her gubernatorial campaign and protect her "from every form of witchcraft." Later in the same service, the pastor complains that "Israelites" held too many prominent positions in business, a comment that has further alienated Jewish voters.
Does Sarah Palin Have a Pentecostal Problem? - TIME

hey but Obama has been to Israel---that makes all the difference in the world !! :rolleyes:
What kind of juvenile reasoning is that ?

He cares. That's why it matters. He could've not gone to Israel at all, wouldn't have made a world of difference to many Jewish voters.

Cares ?? damn--just how gullible are you anyway ? He's just another pandering politician .

Not much as for gullible. Between the two parties, there's no doubt which one is most supportive of Israel. David doesn't have a problem supporting the other.

Not much as for gullible. Between the two parties, there's no doubt which one is most supportive of Israel. David doesn't have a problem supporting the other.

Whew--as long as both of them care about Israel I guess his parents should have nothnig to fear.

hey but Obama has been to Israel---that makes all the difference in the world !! :rolleyes:
What kind of juvenile reasoning is that ?

This must be why you're a proud defender of the Party of Angry White Christian Males, i.e., the GOP.

As priveledged members of the white, christian majority neither you or I are in a particularly good position to assess the importance of seemingly trivial, yet important acts of symbolism.

Many african american sat up, took note, and approved of Bill Clinton's many high profile trips to africa and his profound statements on the Middle Passage. Many muslim americans appreciated when Bush went to some mosques and had kind words for the islamic religion in the aftermath of 9/11 when there was some violence directed at muslim americans.

This must be why you're a proud defender of the Party of Angry White Christian Males, i.e., the GOP.

As priveledged members of the white, christian majority neither you or I are in a particularly good position to assess the importance of seemingly trivial, yet important acts of symbolism.

Many african american sat up, took note, and approved of Bill Clinton's many high profile trips to africa and his profound statements on the Middle Passage. Many muslim americans appreciated when Bush went to some mosques and had kind words for the islamic religion in the aftermath of 9/11 when there was some violence directed at muslim americans.

Priviledged ? :lol::lol:
I understand symbolism quite well when someone is running for office. It's called pandering for votes.

Forum List

Back