Polls Have Been Wrong Before

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Could happen. :dunno: Then again, perhaps the 'Yes' votes would just be considered stolen? :shocked:

http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/n...ml&sSheet=/portal/2005/05/29/ixportaltop.html

We can win EU vote just as Liverpool beat Milan, says Giscard
By Henry Samuel in Paris and Patrick Hennessy
(Filed: 29/05/2005)

France's beleaguered Yes lobby was offered a glimmer of hope in the last opinion poll carried out before today's referendum on the European Union constitution, which showed the rival camps running almost neck and neck.

The survey, released late on Friday by the polling company TNS Sofres, put the No vote at 51 per cent, predicting its win by a whisker. A TNS poll earlier in the week, however, had put it on 54 per cent, suggesting a late surge in support for the constitution. About 20 per cent of voters were still undecided.

Valery Giscard d'Estaing, the former French president who was in charge of drawing up the constitution, said the result could mirror Liverpool's epic comeback against AC Milan in the champion's league final last Wednesday, which they won on penalties.

"Until five or 10 minutes before the end of the match, Milan were ahead, but it was Liverpool who won," Mr Giscard d'Estaing said.

"This morning, in your opinion polls, you say 'Milan is going to win'. Well for me, it's the Liverpool vote that is going to win. To vote No is to score an own goal against France."

The opinion polls were carried out before and after President Jacques Chirac made his final televised appeal in favour of the constitution on Thursday night.

Tony Blair, who is on a family holiday in Italy, will give his official response to the result tomorrow. Many Labour MPs and ministers expect him to signal that the Government's plans for a referendum will be torn up if the French vote No.

If France, or the Netherlands on Wednesday, vote No, Mr Blair will play a key role in dealing with the fallout when he assumes the rolling EU presidency on July 1.

Kathianne said:
About 20 per cent of voters were still undecided
Evenly split with 20 percent undecided? The polls are worthless for predicting the winner.

XLIL10205272020.jpeg

If this photo is not enough to get one to vote "non," what is?

only 39 % voted really ON the text, for the people who voted NO
The rest : sick of the interior politic and government.

Shit.

If people would have really voted no the text, the Yes would have win..... :death:

padisha emperor said:
only 39 % voted really ON the text, for the people who voted NO
The rest : sick of the interior politic and government.

Shit.

If people would have really voted no the text, the Yes would have win..... :death:

Wait and see! Perhaps things will be better than you think?

i read the text, I study the rights of the EU (or should i say the laws ? what's the correct term ?).
All the arguments of the NO were bullshit. This treaty was far better than the other. At all the point of view : economy, politic, democracy, human rights, place of France in the Council - that's only a good argument for France Germany Benelux and Italy ;) ).............................

padisha emperor said:

i read the text, I study the rights of the EU (or should i say the laws ? what's the correct term ?).
All the arguments of the NO were bullshit. This treaty was far better than the other. At all the point of view : economy, politic, democracy, human rights, place of France in the Council - that's only a good argument for France Germany Benelux and Italy ;) ).............................

Well there won't be another for awhile, from what I've read. Nope, the process seems to need to be rethought.

New Topics

Forum List

Back