Polls continue to favor Obama

Not to mention the fact that Obama supporters are out enrolling MacFans 2 and 3 to 1... including swing states... these new enrollees dont show up on any of the big national polls... In fact I was in a strategy session last night where concern was voiced that there are going to be so many new and firsttime voters that our voter info people are going to be overwhelmed on election day...

Last edited:
It's only gonna get worse for McCain. Especially if he keeps saying dumb shit like the economy is still fundamentally strong, only to backpeddle later and say that what he meant was that the American worker was still productive. :cuckoo:

This guy is toast...and I'll toast to that! :D

actually, the size of his lead among women is slightly smaller than is usual for the democratic candidate. in the past, it's been from 15-30%, IIRC.

frankly, i'm amazed it's still a contest at this point.
WASHINGTON -- A national survey done for a group that supports Democratic women candidates across the country shows Barack Obama enjoying a much greater lead among registered women voters than John Kerry did four years ago.
adlabel_horz.gif

The survey of 1,406 women by Garin-Hart-Yang Research for EMILY’s List indicated the presumptive Democratic nominee had the likely support of 51% of those polled, compared with 39% for Republican John McCain. In 2004, Kerry, the unsuccessful Democratic nominee, had a three-point advantage over incumbent George W. Bush, according to national exit polls.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080820/NEWS15/80820056/1215

:eusa_angel:

me too actually.... Obama should be trouncing McCain and I think as we get closer we'll see him begin to pull away.

Obama has to work harder to gain people's confidence and trust 1) because he was a virtual unknown until 2004 and 2) sad as it is to say, because there is still an underlying prejudice in this country. But he's slowly gaining the people's confidence and IMO that's more important than just blind trust in someone because that kind of trust and confidence, hard won over time, is more lasting.

McCain is killing his own campaign too so that helps.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Thought you might like this recent one:

White women are evenly divided between McCain and Obama. Before the selection, McCain led Obama among white women by a margin of 44 percent to 37 percent.

By contrast, at this point in the 2004 campaign, Bush was leading Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, the Democratic challenger, by 56 percent to 37 percent among white women. The poll found evidence of concern about Palin's qualifications to be president, particularly compared with Senator Joseph Biden Jr. of Delaware, Obama's running mate.

Nearly two-thirds said they would be concerned if McCain, 72, could not finish his term and Palin had to take over, a figure that cut across party lines.

In addition, 75 percent said they thought McCain had picked Palin to help him win the election, rather than because they thought she was well-qualified to be president. By contrast, 31 percent said they thought that Obama had picked Biden to help him win the election, while 57 percent said it was because they thought he was well-qualified for the job.

The poll was the taken right after Palin sat down for a series of interviews with Charles Gibson of ABC News. It was also taken during a period of economic turmoil on Wall Street.

By overwhelming numbers, those surveyed said the economy was the top issue facing the United States and expressed deep pessimism about the future.

Poll finds more voters see Obama as agent of change - International Herald Tribune

I guess women voters aren't as stupid as McCain thought.

actually, the size of his lead among women is slightly smaller than is usual for the democratic candidate. in the past, it's been from 15-30%, IIRC.

Its because this country is not exactly the epitome of intelligence. This shouldn't even be close to contest, but we did vote for that idiot Bush twice

It does scare me when McCain surges in the polls, but I'm not going to put too much faith in these polls. I don't trust the people conducting them for one. Secondly, calling 1000 random people doesn't mean shit.

But the polls should show Obama up 10 points ahead of McCain. That would make sense.

And I live in Michigan, a battle ground state. A state that could go either way. From what I'm hearing, only die hard Republicans are leaning towards McCain.

But uninformed voters are racism do bother me.

Not to mention the GOP stealing key swing states.

Forum List

Back