Poll: young people going Dem

Young Americans' Affinity for Democratic Party Has Grown

Young adults -- those between the ages of 18 and 29 -- have typically aligned themselves with the Democratic Party, but they have become substantially more likely to do so since 2006....

A major reason young adults are increasingly likely to prefer the Democratic Party is that today's young adults are more racially and ethnically diverse than young adults of the past. U.S. political preferences are sharply divided by race, with nonwhite Americans of all ages overwhelmingly identifying as Democrats or leaning Democratic.

Gallup estimates that 54% of 18- to 29-year-olds are non-Hispanic white and 45% nonwhite, compared with 71% non-Hispanic white and 29% nonwhite in 1995, the first full year Gallup measured Hispanic ethnicity.

In 2013, 62% of nonwhite Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 were Democrats or Democratic leaners, while 25% were Republicans or Republican leaners. That 37-point Democratic advantage, though sizable, is slightly lower than the average 42-point advantage from 1995 through 2013.

But young adults are not more Democratic solely because they are more racially diverse. In recent years, young white adults, who previously aligned more with the Republican Party, have shifted Democratic. From 1995 to 2005, young whites consistently identified as or leaned Republican rather than Democratic, by an average of eight points. Since 2006, whites aged 18 to 29 have shown at least a slight Democratic preference in all but one year, with an average advantage of three points.

If the trend continues, and there's no reason to think it won't, the women/child haters, homophobes, the racists are endangered species.

Hummmm

In a detailed, national poll released last month by Harvard’s Institute of Politics, nearly half of young voters said they would recall President Obama if they could. Only 41 percent approved of the job Obama was doing, an 11-point drop from six months earlier.

For a generation that relies on smartphones and tablets, the government’s inability to create a functioning website was unfathomable. They also believe the law will bring more costs, worse care, and little benefit to them. Among the 18- to 29-year-olds who don’t have health insurance, fewer than 1 in 3 of those surveyed by Harvard said they are likely to enroll in the health care exchange.

Young voters also are dismayed by the degree to which the National Security Agency is monitoring phone and Internet data. A majority of those surveyed by Harvard said the government shouldn’t collect any personal information to aid national security efforts.

But with Obama not on the ballot, perhaps a more troublesome trend for Democrats is that young voters are less likely to say they belong to the party. They are open to voting for Republicans, they may be drawn to third-party candidates, or they may simply not vote.

“Everyone was really excited about the election and what we could do,” said Maria Carrasquillo, who in 2012 was UNH campus coordinator for Obama’s campaign. “After the election, we realized, ‘It’s not happening. What we wanted to happen hasn’t happened.’ That’s making students back away from actively participating in elections.”

Young voters sour on President Obama, creating worry for Democrats, opportunity for Republicans - Politics - The Boston Globe

since we seem to have only 2 parties that are considered "viable" by the majority of the voting public.....since the Republicans of today is one of them and you want them gone.....then you are advocating one party rule....and to be ruled by Democrats aint as great as their brainwashed minions tell you it is....

Er... just because one party disappears, doesn't mean another wouldn't fill in. In the UK this happened when the Liberals were replaced by Labour.

However, people should be looking for towards PR, it would allow far more parties, it would allow your vote to actually MATTER, which at present, most don't.

you did not get my point....did ya?....

Er... just because one party disappears, doesn't mean another wouldn't fill in. In the UK this happened when the Liberals were replaced by Labour.

However, people should be looking for towards PR, it would allow far more parties, it would allow your vote to actually MATTER, which at present, most don't.

you did not get my point....did ya?....[/QUOTE]

Great post man. Just because I don't answer in the way you want, doesn't mean I don't get what you say. I don't have to directly answer any questions you actually aks or go in your direction.

Did you get my point? I have no idea, because you post was so damn good it blinded me.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/sarcasm

Last edited:

Great post man. Just because I don't answer in the way you want, doesn't mean I don't get what you say. I don't have to directly answer any questions you actually aks or go in your direction.

Did you get my point? I have no idea, because you post was so damn good it blinded me.

sarcasm: definition of sarcasm in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)

oh sorry man....sometimes i just dont know my own blinding power....i will remember to tone it down next time....

Last edited:
icon14.gif
Poll: young people going Dim

Yeah ... we know. They're a product of the public fool system.

Forum List

Back