Poll: young people going Dem

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Young Americans' Affinity for Democratic Party Has Grown

Young adults -- those between the ages of 18 and 29 -- have typically aligned themselves with the Democratic Party, but they have become substantially more likely to do so since 2006....

A major reason young adults are increasingly likely to prefer the Democratic Party is that today's young adults are more racially and ethnically diverse than young adults of the past. U.S. political preferences are sharply divided by race, with nonwhite Americans of all ages overwhelmingly identifying as Democrats or leaning Democratic.

Gallup estimates that 54% of 18- to 29-year-olds are non-Hispanic white and 45% nonwhite, compared with 71% non-Hispanic white and 29% nonwhite in 1995, the first full year Gallup measured Hispanic ethnicity.

In 2013, 62% of nonwhite Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 were Democrats or Democratic leaners, while 25% were Republicans or Republican leaners. That 37-point Democratic advantage, though sizable, is slightly lower than the average 42-point advantage from 1995 through 2013.

But young adults are not more Democratic solely because they are more racially diverse. In recent years, young white adults, who previously aligned more with the Republican Party, have shifted Democratic. From 1995 to 2005, young whites consistently identified as or leaned Republican rather than Democratic, by an average of eight points. Since 2006, whites aged 18 to 29 have shown at least a slight Democratic preference in all but one year, with an average advantage of three points.

If the trend continues, and there's no reason to think it won't, the women/child haters, homophobes, the racists are endangered species.

Young people want to live in a first world country.
-They want good infrastructure
-Investment in their country
-Science
-Good education
-Reform in areas that need it

They understand that the republicans offer nothing besides to tar this country down. I say this as someone that believes in some of the old republican ideas.. So it doesn't make me happy.

i was a democrat until i graduated college...then i was republican when i had to start paying taxes....now...i am neither

both parties suck

Young adults -- those between the ages of 18 and 29 -- have typically aligned themselves with the Democratic Party, but they have become substantially more likely to do so since 2006....

A major reason young adults are increasingly likely to prefer the Democratic Party is that today's young adults are more racially and ethnically diverse than young adults of the past. U.S. political preferences are sharply divided by race, with nonwhite Americans of all ages overwhelmingly identifying as Democrats or leaning Democratic.

Gallup estimates that 54% of 18- to 29-year-olds are non-Hispanic white and 45% nonwhite, compared with 71% non-Hispanic white and 29% nonwhite in 1995, the first full year Gallup measured Hispanic ethnicity.

In 2013, 62% of nonwhite Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 were Democrats or Democratic leaners, while 25% were Republicans or Republican leaners. That 37-point Democratic advantage, though sizable, is slightly lower than the average 42-point advantage from 1995 through 2013.

But young adults are not more Democratic solely because they are more racially diverse. In recent years, young white adults, who previously aligned more with the Republican Party, have shifted Democratic. From 1995 to 2005, young whites consistently identified as or leaned Republican rather than Democratic, by an average of eight points. Since 2006, whites aged 18 to 29 have shown at least a slight Democratic preference in all but one year, with an average advantage of three points.

If the trend continues, and there's no reason to think it won't, the women/child haters, homophobes, the racists are endangered species.

This is great news. I dream of a country without the republican party.

Why do you two even give this piece of fucking shit any recognition by responding to this kind of garbage?

You can't be THAT bored :)

I dream of a country with a productive first world party running it. One that is honest!

Why do you two even give this piece of fucking shit any recognition by responding to this kind of garbage?

You can't be THAT bored :)

Yes I know facts and poll results are scary for you brain dead repubs but eventually you will need to accept reality.

Like living at home?

Like making minimum wage?

Have no ambitious goals or dreams

Then vote Democrat

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

-Science
-Good education

They understand that the republicans offer nothing besides to tar this country down. I say this as someone that believes in some of the old republican ideas.. So it doesn't make me happy.

Yes, Matthew, we definitely want to "tar" this country down. I say that as someone who believes you could use some good education on what this country is all about, and why it was set up the way it was.

Do you understand the concept of a union of soverign states?

Do you understand the concept of separation of political power, not just between three branches of the federal government, but between the federal government and the soverign states?

Do you understand that education, infrastructure, welfare, etc., are primarily state functions and not functions of the federal government?

Do you understand that science, when principally funded by the government, becomes politicized, just like everything else that is funded by the government?

Do you understand that science is built on fact and theory, and not on popular vote, or consensus? Do you understand that theory is not fact?

move to russia

n 2013, 62% of nonwhite Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 were Democrats or Democratic leaners, while 25% were Republicans or Republican leaners. That 37-point Democratic advantage, though sizable, is slightly lower than the average 42-point advantage from 1995 through 2013.

What a shocker, since Democrats are more likely to support entitlement spending. As long as Laquisha keeps getting money into her EBT card account and free government phone, she's going to keep voting Democrat.

They must have Stockholm Syndrome, considering how horrible the Dem policies have been for the young.

-Science
-Good education

It's interesting that you hit at Republicans for hating things such as science funding, when it was Obama who killed the space shuttle program without a replacement program in place and now forces us to pay millions to have Russia give us a ride to the ISS.

Like living at home?

Like making minimum wage?

Have no ambitious goals or dreams

Then vote Democrat

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Hey but they'll give you free birth control. Which comes in handy when they screw you on student loans and mandatory health insurance.

Forum List

Back