POLL: What do you expect from the major media?

What do you expect from the major media?

• Objective & Comprehensive look at the news. I will draw my own conclusions.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Include opinion & bias, and I'll seek out the sources I agree with.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Have you never spoken with Joey before? Of course he would eliminate the Bill of Rights! He WANTS the government to have control over us, all the while telling us that Trump (the POTUS) is a Nazi and cops are evil murdering racists.

He says all of these things are better than the general population owning guns. :D

That's funny. Because I agree with him on Trump (maybe not a Nazi, but an unhinged, ego-maniac, at least), some cops are murdering racists (it's a real problem) and I don't want to walk around armed to the teeth to feel secure.

Maybe that's why I haven't given up on him just yet. ;)

So Trump is a Nazi, the cops are murdering racists, and the public should be unarmed. ROFL. Makes sense to an utterly inane person, I suppose. :113:

It's funny. The form of your response is exactly the same as Joe's. Distort what a person says into a ridiculous strawman, and then dismiss them with a label. Throw stones much?

It's true. Liberals have said ALL of those things. No need to distort.

Have you never spoken with Joey before? Of course he would eliminate the Bill of Rights! He WANTS the government to have control over us, all the while telling us that Trump (the POTUS) is a Nazi and cops are evil murdering racists.

He says all of these things are better than the general population owning guns. :D

That's funny. Because I agree with him on Trump (maybe not a Nazi, but an unhinged, ego-maniac, at least), some cops are murdering racists (it's a real problem) and I don't want to walk around armed to the teeth to feel secure.

So Trump is a Nazi, the cops are murdering racists, and the public should be unarmed. ROFL. Makes sense to an utterly inane person, I suppose. :113:

It's funny. The form of your response is exactly the same as Joe's. Distort what a person says into a ridiculous strawman, and then dismiss them with a label. Throw stones much?

Well yeah, it is MY choice whose opinions I accept and whose I don't. Sorry, I don't take liberal views very seriously. That is just the way it is. However, I am NOT interfering in anyone's rights.

That's demonstrably wrong. Even in it's current watered-down state, the limits on government imposed by the Constitution do keep this kind of thing from happening. The Court makes mistakes, but constitutional limits give them the ability to strike down the excesses of majority rule.

Again - Japanese Americans, 1942. We rounded up 110,000 of them and sent them off to camps for the duration of the war. The courts heard three appeals, and rejected them all.

Are you really coming out against the First Amendment? Would you eliminate the Bill of Rights if you could?

I think the second needs to be repealled, but mostly they are a good set of guidelines. You miss the point, though. You can write down all the pretty words you want, but again- Japanese Americans, 1942. That's how much pretty words matter when people are scared.

Sorry liberals but you created an environment of distrust in police, government and authorities. But now that you want something else, you want to go back on that. Too late. You create more problems than you solve. You really need to just let other people who are more "considerate" deal with serious issues. Just do what you are good at . . . nothing.

Oh, do shut up. Nobody created a distrust of the police except the police themselves and their unwillingness to weed out the bad apples.

We want a police force that is professional and treats everyone fairly, this isn't an unreasonable position.

We also want to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people.

Let's first define "major media" fairly specifically: ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times.

From what I've seen here on several threads, it appears we don't expect our major media to provide a comprehensive, objective look at the news any more. Lefties defend CNN and MSBNC's bias by attacking FOX. Righties do the opposite. Neither side appears to claim at this point that their favored sources are unbiased.

Me, I'd like to see a comprehensive look at the news, and I'll draw my own conclusions and seek out my own details.
“It’s a newspaper’s duty to print news and raise hell”

/-----/ We're just following the democRAT play book on strawman arguments.
strawman.jpg

That's demonstrably wrong. Even in it's current watered-down state, the limits on government imposed by the Constitution do keep this kind of thing from happening. The Court makes mistakes, but constitutional limits give them the ability to strike down the excesses of majority rule.

Again - Japanese Americans, 1942. We rounded up 110,000 of them and sent them off to camps for the duration of the war. The courts heard three appeals, and rejected them all.

Are you really coming out against the First Amendment? Would you eliminate the Bill of Rights if you could?

I think the second needs to be repealled, but mostly they are a good set of guidelines. You miss the point, though. You can write down all the pretty words you want, but again- Japanese Americans, 1942. That's how much pretty words matter when people are scared.

Sorry liberals but you created an environment of distrust in police, government and authorities. But now that you want something else, you want to go back on that. Too late. You create more problems than you solve. You really need to just let other people who are more "considerate" deal with serious issues. Just do what you are good at . . . nothing.

Oh, do shut up. Nobody created a distrust of the police except the police themselves and their unwillingness to weed out the bad apples.

We want a police force that is professional and treats everyone fairly, this isn't an unreasonable position.

We also want to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people.

Bull. You have demonized and villainized the police for YEARS now. Not to mention, you tell us that Trump is an evil Nazi. Take your ridiculous contradictory ideology that makes NO sense and shove it.

Ahhh, another Pompous Mac being self-righteous thread.

Okay, as I explained on the other thread, this is about "Corn Flakes"

View attachment 178495

You see, there used to be a time when journalism used to be considered a public service. Networks didn't make money on their nightly news program, they were just there to report the news. If you wanted to sell corn flakes, that what Gilligan's Island was for, and if Gilligan wasn't selling enough corn flakes, cancel him and put something else on! The news was expected to take a loss. This philosophy and why they came to hate it in boardrooms were savagely satirized in the movie Network.

To be fair, though, Howard Beale comes off relatively sedate compared to Maddow or Hannity.

So what happened was that the networks decided that news was going to be about making money! How do you make money? Attract an audience! How do you attract an audience? Figure out why people watch your show and give them more of that. And like any other business, cut expenses like actual reporters going out doing investigations.

So yes, Pompous Mac will get on here and lament that Fox and MSNBC and CNN will give their audiences what they want. (I think of the three, CNN is trying to actually do journalism, but they are biased.)

I do think that journalism has a left wing bent overall. You ask a kid why they become journalism majors, before 90% of them end up serving coffee at Starbucks, and they'll tell you it's because they want to change the world.

Nor is this entirely a new thing. Hey, you all remember when Walter Cronkite got up there and denounced the Vietnam War as "lost" after the Tet Offensive? It didn't matter that the Viet Cong had been utterly smashed, Cronkite said the war was lost, and he was the most trusted man in America.

when we gave the media THAT kind of power, now you act surprised when the corporations that own the media abuse it?

So here's what I do. I read a lot of right wing sources, and then I read left wing sources. I did this when I used to be a Republican, and do that now. Kind of see what everyone is thinking.
Seriously, you think CNN is journalism?

I knew you had several screws loose, but I had no idea it was this bad.

I've known for a while now. :D Lol.
Seriously, you think CNN is journalism?

I knew you had several screws loose, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Oh, I guess you think Glenn beck is journalism? Or maybe in your case, Stormfront.
When you feel pressure, stop pushing the Q-tip in.

Heh.... this is exactly what I'm talking about. "Liberals" might have said those things, or at least that's what your stereotype tells you. But it's not what I said. I said Trump was not a Nazi, but rather an unhinged, ego-maniac. I said SOME cops are murdering racists, that it's a real problem that we should address. And I said that I don't want to walk around armed to feel safe in public.

But rather than respond to what I said, you open up your bigot's playbook, find the chapter on "Crazy shit Liberals Say", and retrofit. No thanks.

Heh.... this is exactly what I'm talking about. "Liberals" might have said those things, or at least that's what your stereotype tells you. But it's not what I said. I said Trump was not a Nazi, but rather an unhinged, ego-maniac. I said SOME cops are murdering racists, that it's a real problem that we should address. And I said that I don't want to walk around armed to feel safe in public.

But rather than respond to what I said, you open up your bigot's playbook, find the chapter on "Crazy shit Liberals Say", and retrofit. No thanks.

I don't care. If you aren't out to take my rights, then I whatever. I have nothing to say to you either way.

Bull. You have demonized and villainized the police for YEARS now. Not to mention, you tell us that Trump is an evil Nazi. Take your ridiculous contradictory ideology that makes NO sense and shove it.

Um, no, saying "You shouldn't shoot kids in the back" isn't demonizing them. It's asking for accountability.

We give cops rights to do things we don't give ourselves. We have an expectation that they do it professionally and responsibly. Calling them out when they don't isn't' demonizing them.

And Trump is a Nazi. Deal with it.

Sometimes you're okay, DBlack.

Um, no, saying "You shouldn't shoot kids in the back" isn't demonizing them. It's asking for accountability.

We give cops rights to do things we don't give ourselves. We have an expectation that they do it professionally and responsibly. Calling them out when they don't isn't' demonizing them.

And Trump is a Nazi. Deal with it.

:lol: You are utterly insane.

I don't care. If you aren't out to take my rights, then I whatever. I have nothing to say to you either way.
How many guns do you own?

Are you trying to ask me a personal question? I hope not.

Like I said, they make mistakes. But they get it right more often. Do you really think the First Amendment offers no protection for religious minorities?

Do you think the Court should ever be allowed to strike down laws that are supported by the majority?

Out to take my rights.. The US govt along with state and local govts. have been violating your Constitutional right to asset forfeiture due process all on account of the so called war on drugs..Yet it is never argued about.. So I guess you care little for all the rights in the Constitution...

Are you trying to ask me a personal question? I hope not.
So you have zero firearms yet you feel insecure with someone not taking away what you don't have...

Forum List

Back