Poll: Well-off say tax the rich

If everyone were indeed equal..................then it would be fair to charge the exact same dollar amount to everyone for taxes. It doesn't matter where you live, what you do, how many kids you support, etc.

When a rich person goes to a movie, he pays $8 just like the poor person who goes to a movie. The exact same amount for the exact same movie experience. We don't charge the rich person more because he has more money. That would not be fair, would it?

Same thing for taxes. It costs a certain amount to live here in this great land. And that amount is the exact same for every American citizen....because every American citizen has the exact same Americn experience.

All we need to do is set the amount. Anyone have any idea?

Actually, the government spends more on the welfare parasites. It spends a whole lot more keeping their offspring in prison.

You are a pretty dumb guy, ain't ya?

It's a shame, I'm out of rep for now. I'll neg you tomorrow.

Come down out of the left field bleachers. Whats with the private jet thing?

It illustrates a point. Nobody literally believes that rich people should be treated the same as other people. Not me, not you, not anyone.

Bill Gates can go to wherever you go to buy a private jet and buy one. I cannot. Why? Because he has lots of money and I don't. And there's nothing wrong with that: being able to buy a private jet is a privilege of having a lot of money. There's no reason why he and I should be treated equally as far as that is concerned.

But it's equally true on the other end. Just as there is nothing wrong with him being able to buy the private jet that I can't, so there is nothing wrong with taxing his income at a higher percentage than mine. The responsibilities, such as paying taxes, are unequal just as the privileges, such as owning a private jet, are not equal.

Yes, there is something wrong with making him pay a higher percentage than you: it's pure robbery. Buying a jet wit your own money isn't a privilege. It's a right. Only an utterly servile mentality would imagine the government has the authority to tell you what you can spend your money on.

Yeah..the rich pay so much taxes it was really really really hard for guys like Buffet to have a personal wealth of over 24 billion dollars.

Tough times. :lol:

If its so easy, why aren't you a billionaire?

The "medieval" practice is a small group of super wealthy people and a large group of extremely poor people. You know, like Britain, circa 1776.

That isn't a "practice," dipstick. It's a state of affairs. Inequality of wealth was far greater during the Medieval period than now. if you look at any pre-capitalist society, you'll see a massive disparity in income.

The "Middle Class" is a relatively new concept that started in this country around 1950 and was growing and going strong to around 1980. It got a short respite around 1993 but started fading fast after 2001.

The Middle Class has been around since George Washington's day.

Which nullifies the data..............how?

You're not very adept at math, are you?

You sure sound like an expert. How's about 'splainin it to me, bro.

BTW..how do you know that government transfer payments are excluded? Was this fact included in the chart or something?

How surprising, you didn't even bother to read your source. Read the little bit underneath the graph. What happens to numbers when you add other numbers to them?

You're not very adept at math, are you?

BTW..how do you know that government transfer payments are excluded? Was this fact included in the chart or something?

How surprising, you didn't even bother to read your source. Read the little bit underneath the graph. What happens to numbers when you add other numbers to them?

Dummy....I was pointing to the fact that the info was right there....making the chart anything but bogus because of it.

And....you are asking lots of questions. Aren't you supposed to be doing the answering? What happens to the numbers when you add transfers? Please, enlighten me.

Dummy....I was pointing to the fact that the info was right there....making the chart anything but bogus because of it.

And....you are asking lots of questions. Aren't you supposed to be doing the answering? What happens to the numbers when you add transfers? Please, enlighten me.

Here's some math for you:

You = Moron

Yeah..the rich pay so much taxes it was really really really hard for guys like Buffet to have a personal wealth of over 24 billion dollars.

Irony isn't your strong suit is it?

But to answer your question, I've been around tons of rich folk. And I lack the sort of Ruthlessness that make them that way.

But to answer your question, I've been around tons of rich folk. And I lack the sort of Ruthlessness that make them that way.

What you call Ruthlessness is just their being Pissed Off when you scratch their cars upon fetching them from valet parking.

Of course. It is one step on the road back to a reasonable disparity between wealthy and middle class Americans.

It is better for the economy if 1000 people each can afford to buy a $2000 kitchen cabinet refacing job than if one person buys a new $100,000 full kitchen remodel.

This is from 2002 but you know stuff like this is still going on:
Kozlowski goes shopping - Sep. 23, 2002
An SEC filing last week from Tyco alleges that Kozlowski spent company funds on unauthorized purchases including $15,000 for a dog-shaped umbrella stand, $6,300 for a sewing basket, $17,000 for a traveling toilette box, $2,200 for a gold-plated wastebasket, $2,900 on coat hangers, $1,650 for an appointment book, $5,900 for sheets, $445 for a pincushion, and $6,000 on a shower curtain.

What you call Ruthlessness is just their being Pissed Off when you scratch their cars upon fetching them from valet parking.

Still pissed they still won't let you blow them at your discount rate?

Still pissed they still won't let you blow them at your discount rate?

:lame2: :eusa_naughty:

Forum List

Back