Poll: Well-off say tax the rich

To take without the consent of someone is robbery, and to use a tax as a legitimate authorization is a legal form of thievery, and to raise a tax without the consent is by force and by using the law is using guns to take it.

Are you an anarchist, then? Do you disagree with the idea of collective consent, so that each individual must consent to be taxed? That's a recipe for dissolving the government.

Is that what you want? If so, be honest about it. If not, reconsider.

What I disagree with is a congress that spends and continues to raise taxes.

If you think taxes are too high, that doesn't mean taxation is robbery or theft. Do you think all taxes should be abolished and the government dissolved? If not, then you cannot believe taxation to be robbery or theft, because robbery and theft is wrong and should be (and is) illegal.

To take without the consent of someone is robbery, and to use a tax as a legitimate authorization is a legal form of thievery, and to raise a tax without the consent is by force and by using the law is using guns to take it.

Are you an anarchist, then? Do you disagree with the idea of collective consent, so that each individual must consent to be taxed? That's a recipe for dissolving the government.

Is that what you want? If so, be honest about it. If not, reconsider.

And irresponsibly.

The issue is not whether or not to ‘tax the rich.’

The question is are the rich paying their fair share in comparison to middle and lower income Americans.

And more to the point, with regard to addressing the deficit, will low and middle income Americans be forced to bear the greater tax burden to balance the budget while the wealthy continue to pay less tax.

Who gets to define "fair share"?

More importantly, why does the government have a claim to any of our money?

The problem isn't that we aren't paying enough, the problem is the government spends too much. 6 trillion dollars out of a 14 trillion dollar economy.

The other problem is, because of idiotic trade policies, we are bleeding out 500 billion a year in wealth to other countries.

Left wont tell you what the "fair share" is.

I've tried to squeeze the answer... How much is a fair share?

Basically, to the left... poor do not exist to contribute anything but their vote - to the left. One might wonder what do they get in exchange...

If you think taxes are too high, that doesn't mean taxation is robbery or theft. Do you think all taxes should be abolished and the government dissolved? If not, then you cannot believe taxation to be robbery or theft, because robbery and theft is wrong and should be (and is) illegal.

I take from you without your consent what do you call it?

Poll: Well-off say tax the rich - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

President Barack Obama has a lot of support for his proposal to raise taxes on the wealthy, even among the financially well-off, new polls show.

Two polls show similar levels of support for a millionaire tax among those earning more than $100,000, and among Americans more broadly.

Among those earning at least $100,000, nearly two-thirds — 65 percent — would support income tax increases on households earning $1 million or more annually, says a poll commissioned by American Express.

The concept of raising taxes on millionaires drew similar support in a survey gauging support among all Americans, conducted by CBS. Sixty-four percent of respondents said they would support a tax on millionaires “in order to lower the deficit,” while only 30 percent would oppose it.

Read more: Poll: Well-off say tax the rich - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

So someone who makes 100,000 a year...or more, say those making 1,000,000 should pay more. Why doesn't that surprise me? It's always some guy saying the other guy should pay more.
Has anyone taken a poll on what the super wealthy think about an increase, and how much of an increase? Please don't give the "Warren Buffett says.....".

Sort of like the welfare queens and fry cooks stating that they don't mind the middle class paying more in taxes, all the while those same welfare queens and fry cooks are certainly willing to take and take from government coffers

Forum List

Back