Poll trends since Obama 'stepped up' on Debt ceiling issue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trajan, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    *shrugs* it appears that his recent week of press conferences and involvement in the debt. ceiling process may not be helping and yes the unemployment report which came out on July 8th may not have helped either.

If he were 'winning' the debate I would expect a higher approval or at the very least flat numbers...(?)

The Gallup disapproval at -8 has not been this high since mid April.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I think a big issue for Obama is many people compare Obama to Bush as a way to say "Look who is worse." What people don't seem to realize if that in order to make Obama not seem so bad, let me say that again... *In order to not make Obama seem so bad* they have to compare him to a president (Bush) that even Republicans didn't like.

I really do wonder if Obama has what it takes to win in the GE.

3. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Trends continue like this for two more weeks, we will start seeing Downfall videos on it.

4. Neotrotsky

Neotrotsky Council to Supreme Soviet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,350
    If things continue then come November would be the time for a Democrat to challenge him.

I have no doubt that "Billary" is waiting in the wings

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Obama popularity goin' down...
    :eusa_eh:
    Obama approval rating dips below 40%
    Aug 14, 2011 - President Obama hit a dubious milestone today, sinking below a 40% approval rating in the Gallup daily tracking poll.

6. BoycottTheday

BoycottTheday CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Im sure OBama will do just fine in Oh 12, really.

:eusa_liar:

7. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,108
    I thought he was just awful in the debt ceiling debate.

It was after then when I started to look at the Republican candidates more seriously.

8. BoycottTheday

BoycottTheday CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    The only people i ever heard that led from behind were the college kids in Nam called lieutenants.

And they wernt successful either, peas in a pod if you ask me.

9. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    well, here we are;)

from Real Clear today August 23-

RCP Average 8/2 - 8/22 -- 43.3 50.8 -7.5

Gallup 8/20 - 8/22 1500 A 38 54 -16
    Rasmussen Reports 8/20 - 8/22 1500 LV 44 56 -12
    the chart at rthe end of the verbiage shows the downturn and the timing...

June 14-17 he was at 47-47 the next 6 weeks were the Thunderdome weeks, the debt. ceiling debates, and Obamas 4 or was it 5 appearances on national Television….I have gone back and googled, looking for any other events of consequence that may have had a factor in this, but lets face it, that was the donnybrook of donnybrooks.

It’s funny, the media tells us that though Obama didn’t exactly cover himself with glory, the TP and reps etc. are to blame for a bad deal and the S&P downgrade, people are mad…some random thoughts are;

……. the media is in a bubble, the media is trying to provide cover fire, it doesn’t matter who is to blame, even if the reps are to blame obama is not unscathed, in fact, this may have been a turning point that puts him under 40 and settles him in the 30's:eusa_eh:

....what got me about that polling from gallup is his gallup negatives…and looking back at gallups negatives, 6 was the high since the election, since the debt deal its fallen and stayed at 12-14-16.

Rasmussen the ' right wing hate' outfit had him at what Gallup had him inching up tothis level or near ahead of gallup, and now even gallup has surpassed them by 4 points…*shrugs*.............................when Maureen Dowd quotes a dem operative she has spoken with as having alluded to Obama as Carter, something has shifted, though people ‘personally’ like him, that ‘like’ paradigm may have has shifted from I like him and am pulling for him too, I like him. But…..well, he aint exactly making it work……..:doubt:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  10. bitterlyclingin

bitterlyclingin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +449
    (According to the professor, Obama's digging his own grave. Taking the debt deal, then running off to his scheduled $35,800 per couple birthday bash, then off to MVY is leaving a sour taste in more than a few mouths.)

"I was right about taking the debt deal

Posted by William A. Jacobson Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 1:50pm

I was right when I said Republicans should take the debt deal, as bad as it was, because otherwise any negative consequences would provide Obama an excuse for his own failures.

This decline is not written in stone, and surely Team Obama (Axelplouffe and MSM) will keep trying to blame everyone else. But taking the deal kept the nation focused on the shortcomings of Obama’s policies by not precipitating a crisis which only would have served as a diversion.

Oddly enough, freeing Obama up run off to fundraisers and lavish vacations in August while the rest of the nation suffered has solidified the (correct) perception of an administration out of touch and out of control."

» I was right about taking the debt deal - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion