Poll: Percent of Christians drop, those identifying as "none" soars

or insisting this is a christian nation.
at the moment it really sucks......primarily thanks to folks just like you.....
Why does it suck? The economy is back and we are all free to say anything we want. What's wrong?

If you mean divorce and abortion you have a problem with realize most americans who are divorced got married in christian churches and most aborters believe in god.
on the other hand the national debt is double what it was seven years ago, we kill a million unborn children a year and the guy you wanted as president has managed to turn the middle east from a two nation war into a seven nation war........as I said, thanks to folks like you.......

The debt doubles on every president.

Maybe if bush didn't let all those corporations go overseas. No, he helped by giving them tax breaks. Imagine if all those companies were still in america. And imagine if we had all the tax break money we've given the rich and corporations. Maybe we could start paying down the debt.

I dont talk politics with people who believe things with no proof. This is why religion is bad. It keeps people stupid.
you shouldn't talk politics at all....or economics.....you obviously know even less about those topics than you do about religion......"Bush spending $5t into debt is horrific, Obama spending $9t into debt is the way it works"........I guess that means you expect Hillary to spend us $18t even deeper.....

nobody gave companies tax breaks to leave the US......and nobody "let" anyone go overseas, because nobody had the power to prevent it......

or insisting this is a christian nation.
Why does it suck? The economy is back and we are all free to say anything we want. What's wrong?

If you mean divorce and abortion you have a problem with realize most americans who are divorced got married in christian churches and most aborters believe in god.
on the other hand the national debt is double what it was seven years ago, we kill a million unborn children a year and the guy you wanted as president has managed to turn the middle east from a two nation war into a seven nation war........as I said, thanks to folks like you.......

Maybe if bush didn't let all those corporations go overseas. No, he helped by giving them tax breaks. Imagine if all those companies were still in america. And imagine if we had all the tax break money we've given the rich and corporations. Maybe we could start paying down the debt.

I dont talk politics with people who believe things with no proof. This is why religion is bad. It keeps people stupid.
you shouldn't talk politics at all....or economics.....you obviously know even less about those topics than you do about religion......"Bush spending $5t into debt is horrific, Obama spending $9t into debt is the way it works"........I guess that means you expect Hillary to spend us $18t even deeper.....

nobody gave companies tax breaks to leave the US......and nobody "let" anyone go overseas, because nobody had the power to prevent it......
I expect the debt to double under all all GOP gov yes. Now go away

/grins....you never even noticed Obama's spending did you.....I'm glad to be the first to bring it to your attention......

/grins....you never even noticed Obama's spending did you.....I'm glad to be the first to bring it to your attention......

“We’re using the same standard that Obama used during his campaign in assigning blame to President Bush for the increase in debt that happened under his watch,” he said, pointing to a speech that then-Sen. Obama made during the 2008 presidential campaign.

“The problem is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents,” Obama said in Fargo, N.D. “Number 43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.”

What I believe is irrelevant. I will concede my personal beliefs are irrational. Will you do the same?
I'm trying hard to see it your way. I guess if you mean "how can I believe all this happened by itself? OK that does blow my mind. But I understand that. It blows everyones mind. Has for thousands of years. So I understand all the motivations people have for believing. So many please dont make me list them. I just thought of 5 tangents I could have gone on.

So you remind me of a lot of my friends who understand all organized religion are poop but you continue to believe in god.

I hate it because it may make you feel better and I would never want to ruin my brother or his kids faith but deep down I think it is a dumb thing to believe and that can't be good for people. It just can't. I could go off on why but I've told you all the reasons before.

I love finding athiests but I dont typically preach to theists on the street. This is my pulpit. Lol

No, that isn't what I mean at all. I don't care what you believe. You are as entitled to your blind guess as anyone else. I'm not questioning it or disputing it. I'm not saying it is wrong nor am I asking you to justify it. You don't have to justify it. I am not interested in an argument between people who have not the foggiest idea of what they are talking about, which is what we would have if you and I argued beliefs.

What I am saying, and all I am saying, is that your position is a belief. No different than any other belief. It is not superior or inferior to any other belief because it is based upon precisely the same information - none at all. You can't have a rational conclusion on the subject because you have no evidence upon which to base such a conclusion. No one can. The only rational conclusion which can be reached with the available information is "we don't know". Any other conclusion, including saying one answer is more likely than another answer, is nothing but belief and therefore irrational.

Mind you, human beings are irrational. There is nothing wrong with being irrational. But at least recognize it for what it is.
Your belief that such entities as Nessie, Invisible Pink Unicorns, Leprechauns, etc., are likely true as not is fine. However, in the rational world, we are able to reach rational conclusions about the "we don't know" mentality. It actually is possible to make rational assessments and to draw rational conclusions about those who suggest a nature gone awry, supernatural phenomenon and absurdities of nature that can't be defended.
>>>>>>>>>>>
The only time my/our alleged irrational beliefs should be called out is if "we" are treating others unfairly. I dont mean watering down or changing scripture like some of you want, Im talking about times when Christians really are being unfair and close minded. Otherwise...I dont see why you would need to convince anyone to come to "your" conclusions.
What you are describing isn't the diversity/equality you ( not you specifically) supposedly stand for.
Stop banning stem cell picking on gays or insisting this is a christian nation.

Stem cell is amazing. Very few people want to ban it completely.
Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with some disagreement where medicine or science is concerned. Many old time medical procedures in hindsight were barbaric & harmful. People have been used as guinea pigs to further various research.
....its good to keep some megalomaniacs with test tubes in check. lol

Never hated gays...what I hate is the back and forth hate that goes along with it all.
In my experience this is very much a secular nation. and as long as every ones rights are respected. its all good.

“We’re using the same standard that Obama used during his campaign in assigning blame to President Bush for the increase in debt that happened under his watch,” he said, pointing to a speech that then-Sen. Obama made during the 2008 presidential campaign.
that would explain your error......

“Number 43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.”
and seven years later Obama has irresponsibly and unpatriotically increased that to $18 trillion of debt......

“Number 43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.”
and seven years later Obama has irresponsibly and unpatriotically increased that to $18 trillion of debt......
What did he buy?

What did he buy?
that's the worst part......we got absolutely nothing for it......

Forum List

Back